• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I mainly play on PC, and I'm going to be buying a WiiU for Smash and whatever other neat stuff they put out. PSP and maybe a Vita should cover all of my Sony needs.

volbound1700

Smash Master
The only reason I would even consider an Xbox is Halo. It is the only franchise on the system that I even find exciting and I can play it at my friends house. Plus each Halo title seems to be not as good as the last one.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, today's Super Smash Bros Miiverse update confirms every new character will have their own artwork. I like this idea a lot. Probably means they all get their own trailer too. Looks like Sakurai will be taking a page out of Marvel Vs. Capcom's playbook.

I also realized we did not talk about Megaman music when he was revealed. I'm so ashamed.
B-b-but Smashchu said it's bad to copy Marvel vs. Capcom!

:troll:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Actually I am planning on getting a PS3 next, I like PS3 over the new Xbox and new PS4. In fact PS3 as a console seems like one of the best with the graphics, blueray, etc. Not sure why it struggled out the gate in this past gen.
The main thing was Sony's idiotic decision to initially release the PS3 at six hundred bucks, a mistake they rectified later. Sony's doing excellent insofar as the console wars nowadays, ever since they dropped their prices.

And the PS4 is kind of a big upgrade from the PS3. About the only reason I would keep my PS3 around is because of the ability to play disc-based PS3 games I already own readily; the PS4 isn't backwards compatible, at least not in the sense that you'll be able to play PS3 titles right off of the disc. You have to stream them digitally off of the cloud, or something like that.

Smooth Criminal

volbound1700

Smash Master
The main thing was Sony's idiotic decision to initially release the PS3 at six hundred bucks, a mistake they rectified later. Sony's doing excellent insofar as the console wars nowadays, ever since they dropped their prices.

And the PS4 is kind of a big upgrade from the PS3. About the only reason I would keep my PS3 around is because of the ability to play disc-based PS3 games I already own readily; PS4 isn't backwards compatible, at least not in the sense that you'll be able to play PS3 titles right off of the disc. You have to stream them off of the cloud, or something like that.

Smooth Criminal
One thing I think Sony did that Nintendo failed to do with Wii is the support. There are a lot of great titles still coming out for PS3 and PS3s are still selling. I am interested in Sonic Generations, NCAA Football games (I bought two older ones for $5.00 at my parents house for their PS3), Diablo III, and Last of Us. I want to get a TV and new blueray player but may go with PS3 at the moment. Funny it still costs as much as Wii U so may want for PS4 to come out as it may drop the price). I don't have a Wii U yet but plan to get one, likely next year once these games are out.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm still kind of on the fence about getting a Wii U, tbh. The new Smash game has me hyped, and DKRC2 looks baller, but I'm not exactly sold on everything else the console has to offer. I still feel Nintendo is playing the gimmick card for its newest console.

Smooth Criminal

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So I'll have to hear all updates second handed?? Way to go Sakurai. :smirk:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Let's hope this doesn't interfere with Smash: http://mises.org/daily/6452/Is-Japan-Heading-for-Another-Lost-Decade
I'm concerned about the BOJ. And my animes. And my games. And my mangas. And my dad's touring over there.
And the Japanese people, but that's another whole discussion. Eh, they have much honor.
Oh, and holy guacamole do we have a lot of people on!
To be honest, if another lost decade is what it takes to make them realize that Keynesianism is the opposite of good economic policy, so be it. They need to wake up or collapse. It's the way of things.

volbound1700

Smash Master
MonK4, It won't hurt this industry as long as it is still profitable althrough there is more added interests in other markets from Japanese Corporations because of the weakening of Japanese market. I see it in the Automotive industry where Japanese companies are focusing more on the Americas and China.

@Iblis

The irony is one of Microsoft's greatest franchises has never appeared on the Xbox in any form. (Age of Empires).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I cannot check link (at work) and image doesnt work, can you provide detail in a post.
It's a gif of a child rubbing their middle finger all over another person's face

@Update Discussion: Wait! Are all the updates on the Miiverse???

volbound1700

Smash Master
Oh I thought it was news about Sony. Are we just talking about the comments from yesterday, I thought their CEO said something funny today and I wanted to hear it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
To be honest, if another lost decade is what it takes to make them realize that Keynesianism is the opposite of good economic policy, so be it. They need to wake up or collapse. It's the way of things.
They're an insular culture at heart. That doesn't help much.

Smooth Criminal

Hoots

Can Be Combative
They're an insular culture at heart. That doesn't help much.

Smooth Criminal
Oh I know. I honestly don't think they could ever comprehend laissez-faire free markets (especially if even the US keeps hurtling away from it them). But if there's anything that can make people reevaluate what they've been doing for the past half a century, it's complete economic collapse.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Second hand information is never the best sort of information... :glare:

number90901

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I really hope the new Smash Bros has an awesome campaign mode. I actually really liked SSE, and hope we can get something even better than that this time around.

What, nobody?

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
I already have a 3DS, but after seeing Smash, Mario Kart, and 3D World, I very well may get a Wii U as well, with the PS4 following a bit down the line. Microsoft isn't getting my money anymore, which is a shame since I've supported both their other consoles. Oh well. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom