• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The last thing he posted was the Animal Crossing Art Poster
[collapse= This thing]
[/collapse]
...and that was 13 hours ago. Are we sure the we are getting updates THIS week or is it NEXT week?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was arguing about this with my friends yesterday. I don't think there is ANY reason for cuts to Brawl's roster (Toon Link included). Every single character had merit and was important enough within their own franchise to be included (even Lucario). As far as cloning goes, Sakurai's sloppiness is no reason to axe characters like Wolf, who can easily be decloned. I know I'm in the minority here, but I think they should just build on top of Brawl's roster.

I just wanted to say that I completely agree with this. Plus, Sakurai did say at one point that he, too, found all of Brawl's roster to be charming and worthy, and that he enjoyed the roster. Unless he's sadomasochistic, I doubt he'd want to remove any of them, barring time constraints or licensing issues for Snake and Sonic.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I still havent got a WiiU...i was gonna get one this year for Mario Kart 8 but looks like that is coming out Spring 2014...i still might get one this year maybe...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
By the way, for those stating that Engineer Link's cameo on the Spirit Tracks stage would rule out Toon Link, let me remind you of the 75 m stage from Brawl.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At this point, I am not going to argue against character cuts. If they happen, so be it. There's no need to get butthurt about them. I had fun with them in the last three games and I am ready to have fun with the new characters till they get cut from SSB5.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
By the way, for those stating that Engineer Link's cameo on the Spirit Tracks stage would rule out Toon Link, let me remind you of the 75 m stage from Brawl.

That's what I said too but people insisted that this is Cranky Kong, not Donkey Kong.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I would have liked this a billion times if I could. Frost, honestly.

Especially since the two of them are completely separate being's too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rest In Burning Flames Of Enternal Damnnation For Taking Rare From Us.

Sincerely,

Me.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That's what I said too but people insisted that this is Cranky Kong, not Donkey Kong.
That still proves our point though. Spirit Tracks Link is not Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link. Just like how that Donkey Kong is not the one playable in smash. They can coexist just fine.

D

Deleted member

They will always have the last laugh, though. Don't forget that Microsoft has a huuuuuuge stake in electronics and software.

Smooth Criminal
All titans eventually fall.

Their decline will be a slow one. I just want them to drop out of the console market, though I see it as unlikely.

Also, did you guys hear those new about the Ouya at E3?

D

Deleted member

That still proves our point though. Spirit Tracks Link is not Wind Waker Link. Just like how that Donkey Kong is not the one playable in smash. They can coexist just fine.
Toon Link will probably be renamed Young Link again, or something similar, and take up the LttP2 look. Toon Link will be an alt costume or something.

Or-

We could lose Toon Link altogether, split Zelda an get Impa as the 4th Zelda character. :leepictrollfacememeXD:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've seen Miss Let's Get Physical use it in her reveal trailer...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Toon Link will probably be renamed Young Link again, or something similar, and take up the LttP2 look. Toon Link will be an alt costume or something.
Meh, seeing as how they didn't bother to change Link's look from the Twilight Princess to the Skyward Sword one, I'm having my doubts that they would change Toon Link into Classic Link or Young Link either. But that's just me I guess... Anything is possible after all. :/

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
All titans eventually fall.

Their decline will be a slow one. I just want them to drop out of the console market, though I see it as unlikely.
You just countermanded your fondest wish, Manly. Lol. It's not gonna happen soon enough, possibly not even in our lifetime. Stale ol' time just passes.

Now if **** actually happens... :troll:

Also, did you guys hear those new about the Ouya at E3?
I did, but I also heard testimonials where the developers of the Ouya swindled a lot of folks outta cash, not to mention that their product blows chunks.

Smooth Criminal

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
But the thing about the converter that I don't understand is, is do you have to find them made by just fans and regular people or did Nintendo make these converters... Like are they easy to find :/
Actually converters are pretty easy to find. Just look on Amazon, New Egg, or Ebay. Probably other sites have them as well. Theres one that is made by a 3rd party converter maker but I guess they've been making converters for controllers for years. All the videos and reviews I read on the one I seen usually say they work pretty well.

This is the one I've been looking at

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pika needs more alt color costumes more than anyone else, that's for sure; the only one who has 4.

EDIT: And just to clarify, Guardian Orbitars in Uprising technically didn't deflect projectiles, but did block them. I worry that Pit's Guardian Orbs in Smash will just block instead of being a reflector. Then again, Pit's wielding a 2-bladed Bow, an Upperdash Arm, and Guardian Orbitars in his move arsenal so far, so I now don't see why the Guardians weren't modified to reflect projectiles... Make it happen.

D

Deleted member

Meh, seeing as how they didn't bother to change Link's look from the Twilight Princess to the Skyward Sword one, I'm having my doubts that they would change Toon Link into Classic Link or Young Link either. But that's just me I guess... Anything is possible after all. :/
I'm sorry, but this guy looks nothing like SS Link or TP Link.

Look at that, that's one badass ************. Bulky Frame, loose fitting clothes, menacing glare that strikes fear into the hearts of his foes. 10/10 would go on an adventure with.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Agreed. Link does look bad ass though he does retain a lot of the TP look.
Pika needs more alt color costumes more than anyone else, that's for sure; the only one who has 4.
Pikachu could use a female variant (dented tail) to introduce a couple flashy colors but he doesn't direly need alts any unless we get 5 player support in which case I see the fedora (eeew) returning from Melee.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle

EDIT: And just to clarify, Guardian Orbitars in Uprising technically didn't deflect projectiles, but did block them. I worry that Pit's Guardian Orbs in Smash will just block instead of being a reflector. Then again, Pit's wielding a 2-bladed Bow, an Upperdash Arm, and Guardian Orbitars in his move arsenal so far, so I now don't see why the Guardians weren't modified to reflect projectiles... Make it happen.

That would suck... Well, the game is still in development. Nothing is totally final. You know, the current state of this Smash Bros. reminds me of how Uprising initially looked like back in 2010. And look how much better the game looked now. Yeah, I'm going off on the visuals, but it's something that stook out to me. And Sakurai even said nothing you see in terms of how the game looks is final, hinting strongly at the visual side when he demonstrated Wii Fit Trainer on stage.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
so what move were you most impressed by in the trailers

one of the newcomers, or a new veteran move

(got to go with that mega buster smash attack)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm sorry, but this guy looks nothing like SS Link or TP Link.

Look at that, that's one badass mother****er. Bulky Frame, loose fitting clothes, menacing glare that strikes fear into the hearts of his foes. 10/10 would go on an adventure with.

Looks a lot like Twilight Princess Link to me. Except his hair is a little darker I guess. And his clothes a bit brighter.

I guess we won't be able to truly tell what the style is with Link. Maybe once we see Zelda we will be able to truly tell if they are based off Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, other Zelda's. Or a completely original design. :/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is the least specific Link we ever had. Can we move on from this discussion please? For me he's SS and TP Link's love child. Now try and make me think otherwise.

Pro tip: You can't.

Also, Manly's 10/10 would go on an adventure with- comment made me laugh :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Looks a lot like Twilight Princess Link to me. Except his hair is a little darker I guess. And his clothes a bit brighter.

I guess we won't be able to truly tell what the style is with Link. Maybe once we see Zelda we will be able to truly tell if they are based off Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, other Zelda's. Or a completely original design. :/
Here's TP Link for reference. TP Link is more girly.

SS Link is more aloof.

This Link looks more like a hardened warrior. He's got an original look, inspired by both TP and SS, and I'm loving it. Hope we see this as his official look for the new Zelda WiiU.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That would suck... Well, the game is still in development. Nothing is totally final. You know, the current state of this Smash Bros. reminds me of how Uprising initially looked like back in 2010. And look how much better the game looked now. Yeah, I'm going off on the visuals, but it's something that stook out to me. And Sakurai even said nothing you see in terms of how the game looks is final, hinting strongly at the visual side when he demonstrated Wii Fit Trainer on stage.

That just means Pit's gonna get better, and I can't wait for that update. Do it for Lady Palutena, Sakurai!

so what move were you most impressed by in the trailers

one of the newcomers, or a new veteran move

(got to go with that mega buster smash attack)

Pit's Upperdash Arm and Guardian Orbitars (as a Pit fan), and that Bowser dropkick! Coincidentally these 2 are my Brawl mains, so some can call me biased.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mega Man and Pit in SSB4. I am actually hoping for Captain N and Simon Belmont to get in!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom