• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Favorite FE character?
Nephenee from PoR

And Ross from Sacred Stones

were always my favorite.

EDIT: Can't forget about my two homies Devdan and Ephraim

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not sure how i feel about this...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07...ters-well-see?abthid=51db5a100bee7e693b000022

Sora and Jar Jar :facepalm: light saber keyblade sounds legit though
I can't help but laugh at people whining that it wouldn't fit.

Right, because Final Fantasy and Disney characters fit so perfectly snug together, right? Oh right, the whole premise of this wa taking two completely unfitting things and making them work together. Durr~

Marvel and Star Wars in KH. It can and WILL work if it's done. If Tron and Pirates of the Carribean could be made to work, and if it was possible to make Mickey into a badass second Yoda, then it'll be possible for Sora to meet...uh...the badass FIRST Yoda. XD

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Right, because Final Fantasy and Disney characters fit so perfectly snug together, right? Oh right, the whole premise of this wa taking two completely unfitting things and making them work together. Durr~

Marvel and Star Wars in KH. It can and WILL work if it's done. If Tron and Pirates of the Carribean could be made to work, and if it was possible to make Mickey into a badass second Yoda, then it'll be possible for Sora to meet...uh...the badass FIRST Yoda. XD
I just don't want Jar Jar. I'm fine with C3PO, R2Deez nuts & Chewbaca. Everything else i can careless about, i'm sure the game will be just fine.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not sure how i feel about this...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07...ters-well-see?abthid=51db5a100bee7e693b000022

Sora and Jar Jar :facepalm: light saber keyblade sounds legit though
You know what=??? Darth Vader killing Sora, Riku, and Kyrie would be the perfect ending to Kingdom Hearts III, especially if Darth Vader ended it by saying "no Sora, I am your mother... and your mother has been waiting 13 games for you to come get dinner!!!"
Also while Fire Emblem is being discussed, a quick shout out to the Advance Wars series is going to be made.

Gotta pay tribute to that series.
Advance Wars needs to come into the new generation of gaming already!!! :crazy:

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

The thing is, they don't work together.
I like KH, but its storyline is a bad fanfiction.
Adding Star Wars into the mix only worsens it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
C3PO, R2Deez nuts & Chewbaca.
These 3, Obi-Wan, Vader and Yoda.

As long as they're all present, nothing can go wrong. ¦3

The thing is, they don't work together.
I like KH, but its storyline is a bad fanfiction.
Adding Star Wars into the mix only worsens it.
So? The games are fun to play. That's all that matters.

What fun is there in making sense, anyways? That just causes nothing but limitations.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Of course, Star Wars Kingdom Hearts is a slippery slope towards the Marvel Universe Kingdom Hearts...

And I can't even decide if that's awesome or awful.

I think what makes these things sound like weird options is that KH has you flying through space to visit different worlds, but Star Wars (and the Marvel Universe) is already an interplanetary universe, so... it just doesn't make much sense, unless you just have them visit Tattooine or something.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I take the opposite of the whining angle. Kingdom Hearts has such bad characters (sorry Riku, Sora, and Kyrie fans, but those character suck), that I think they would ruin Star Wars meshing with it... unless it was done right, the characters were built up better, the story actually made sense, and the Star Wars characters were used right. You know, I don't want this crap to be like Pirates of the Caribbean where all I ever wanted to do was get the heck out! :chuckle:

But hey, if they went with the prequel trilogy, they couldn't ruin whatever has already been destroyed! :laugh:
Right, because Final Fantasy and Disney characters fit so perfectly snug together, right? Oh right, the whole premise of this was taking two completely unfitting things and making them work together. Durr~
They even changed Squall's name. That and it is way too FFVII based, and a lot of those characters are similarly generic.
If you don't want New York City World with Spider-Man and Daredevil in it, then screw you... SCREW... YOU!!!!

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
These 3, Obi-Wan, Vader and Yoda.

So? The games are fun to play. That's all that matters.

What fun is there in making sense, anyways? That just causes nothing but limitations.
Yea, I know, that's why I said I like KH, because it's fun.
The cutscenes and characters are unbearable though, and having Star Wars characters in KH3 will inevitably lead to a scene where Sora is giving some stupid speech to Darth Vader or something about the darkness inside his heart, and it's all going to be very stupid.

Those cutscenes DO ruin some of the experience for me, and I would like KH more if it weren't for them.

Having Star Wars in the mix will only strengthen my negative feelings towards that aspect of the game and further ruin more of the experience.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Considering KH is just Star Wars meets Anime Stereotypes with a hint of A Link to the Past with some Disney Magic sprinkled on the enhance taste anyways, I'm not seeing any issues, in all honesty. XD

But that's my stance. Regardless of what anyone says, I strongly support this and would enjoy it if it happened.

And if it doesn't? No biggie. ¦3

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The only Star Wars characters worth having are the Original Trilogy characters plus Count Dookie Dooku, Mace Windu, and the original Clone Wars series version of General Grievous.

I specifically would love to see some Keyblade wielders fight alongside Luke Skywalker.
I just want to say if Marvel got in KH3 I'd love to see Donald Duck vs Howard the Duck.
I'd wanna see Deadpool kill Xehonort.

I also wanna quickly travel through NYC with Spider-Man and Daredevil.

Also, being able to play as the partner characters should totally be possible in Kingdom Hearts III. I would love to play as say Luke Skywalker, Spider-Man Hercules, Cloud, Beast, etc. I mean, c'mon! How would that be awesome, especially if Kingdom Hearts III has online play!!! :shades:

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Considering KH is just [...] with a hint of A Link to the Past...
Uhh, okay, you can support Star Wars for KH3 all you want, and I don't care.
...But, no,
KH has virtually nothing in common with A Link to the Past other than it being a videogame.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
...But, no,
KH has virtually nothing in common with A Link to the Past other than it being a videogame.
  • The main protagonist is male.
  • Sora and Link (ALttP) both go on an adventure and fight baddies.
  • Sora and Link (ALttP) both have hairstyles I would never want.
  • Lots of magic going on.
Just kidding, they're nothing alike.

You're 20. I'm 22.

There. That enough for you to be satisfied with being all grumped at a joke? ¦3
I'm 17. :awesome:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Okay okay okay, fighting the Heartless version of General Grievous would be awesome.

Just saying.

Also, calming the Hulk down with a great speech about FRIENDSHIP!?

CLASSIC.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You better actually be older than me.
You're 20. I'm 22.

...But, no,
Where were you all when tons of people drew parallels between the two? Mainly from the first KH game? XD

Go do a little searching around to get my little joke. :3

• The main protagonist is male.
  • Sora and Link (ALttP) both go on an adventure and fight baddies.
  • Sora and Link (ALttP) both have hairstyles I would never want.
  • Lots of magic going on.
Just kidding, they're nothing alike.

I'm 17. :awesome:
Oh ****, who's 18 and 16 then? D:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You're 20. I'm 22.

NOPE. But your double posting was~

Also I seriously doubt a shota that was created in 91 or 92 is cuter than Carl. No, I know it.

Such an ugly era.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
You're 20. I'm 22.

Where were you all when tons of people drew parallels between the two? Mainly from the first KH game? XD

Oh ****, who's 18 and 16 then? D:
I'm 16, so yay me.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
You're 20. I'm 22.

Yea, the parallels are superficial and come with little to no understanding of the actual design of the games.

Of course, they'll share a ton of story tropes (that hundreds of videogames do), but in terms of actual game design and what they accomplish, they share virtually nothing.

and I'm gonna save you the time of "OH BUT YOU CAN LOCK ON AND HIT THINGS IN KH, IT'S JUST LIKE ZELDA" to answer no to that.
ex: You can also do that in GTA 3.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
NOPE. But your double posting was~
...What double post? I just edited the message myself.

You must be seeing things. -.o'

See, Wave, your joke isn't even all that funny.

Smooth Criminal
To who? Cause as long as I can get a little laugh out of it, it's perfectly funny to me. XD

Ah but seriously, the AttP thing is something I've actually found a good number of reviewers and some LPers have brought up over the years. (Solely story wise) I didn't really see it myself either until I went back and looked at the two side-by-side. It's only in regards to the very first KH, bit it actually does kind of make since, in an odd sort of way.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Okay okay okay, fighting the Heartless version of General Grievous would be awesome.

Just saying.
Again, only if it was the Clone Wars original TV show version. In that show Grievous was such a BAMF!!! In Episode III and the 2nd Clone Wars show he sucked.
Also, calming the Hulk down with a great speech about FRIENDSHIP!?

CLASSIC.
Sora: Bruce, we can only do this together... as friends.
Hulk: LIEEE!!!
Sora: NO I MEAN IT!!!
Hulk: URGHHH!!! *cracks fingers*
Sora: I SWEAR TO GOD!!!

Batman: SWEAR TO ME!!!!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

In all seriousness though... I don't think I'd like Kingdom Hearts to have Star Wars or Marvel worlds. I didn't especially like the Pirates of the Caribbean being in it, even though it had some cool mechanics.

... and they couldn't even get the right voice actors, so that was a bit of an obvious annoyance.

I wish there were more games like KH, though. Both in the shamelessness of the concept and the actual game mechanics... it's a solid series.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You must be a lonely person. *patpat.*

Smooth Criminal
Law of Averages would say I should be, huh?

Which is why I don't understand why I actually have tons of friends. Especially since I can't stand most of them, but they just won't leave me alone. ¦D;

I'm 16, so yay me.
I turned 18 last Friday Wave
I turn 18 in September if that counts.
We've got our 16 and...Two 18's?

I'm not sure what I'm worried for more. Vegeta's arms or Krillin's manhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom