• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Eh, could be better.
You could have actually beaten a good game instead! :awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4QTEzsCRIE&t=2m46s

Yeah, I think I'm starting to see what people mean about FE being talked about so much here.
I see small topics brought up every few pages, even though some don't get many responses.
Fire Emblem has one of the worst best fanbases ever in regards to smash characters. They think that they are entitled to several new Fire Emblem characters each smash game ever since we got Marth and Roy in Melee.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
How many hated characters in purple are there?
A decent chunk, though with every hated character there is one that is liked.

By the way, you may notice that there are a lot of villains or generally dark characters that often incorporate a certain shade of purple into their designs in Japanese media. This isn't really surprising considering purple is often a color associated with death, with the western equivalent being arguably red.

D

Deleted member

A decent chunk, though with every hated character there is one that is liked.

By the way, you may notice that there are a lot of villains or generally dark characters often incorporate a certain shade of purple into their designs in Japanese media. This isn't really surprising considering purple is often a color associated with death, with the western equivalent being arguably red.
Don't the Japanese consider white being the color of death?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How many hated characters in purple are there?
Ridley, for allegedly being too big, though I think being purple is the real problem. The "too big" is just a masquerade, after all.

[collapse="Something about the purple color seems to rub people the wrong way..."]
[/collapse]

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So guys, if you could kill one Fire Emblem "x character for smash" fanbase, which fanbase would it be=???
Who says I beat Sonic 2006? I only posted the Achievement. Still love the game myself.

But hey, I already beaten Quest 64. Tons of times. :awesome:
Quest 64 was Sonic 06 before Sonic 06 was Sonic 06.

Also, I ought to throw Pac-Man 2 into this discussion for the heck of it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah, Quest 64 actually wasn't a somewhat broken game. Everything worked fine, and it never had a bad Manual.

They're hardly similar in that regard. Quest 64 was complete, despite what was planned. Sonic 2006 was not complete, but did have its set of neat stuff.(Amy being good for once, in both characterization and gameplay combined, plus the music rocked).

That, and Quest has actual good gameplay, and good music too. It just lacks a large overarching story. Which, eh, who cares? Not something needed to enjoy a video game for me.

D

Deleted member

How about an "All of them except the ones for Walhart or the ones for Old Hector" option?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So guys, if you could kill one Fire Emblem "x character for smash" fanbase, which fanbase would it be=???

If you're familiar with me, you should know what character I'd kill right off the bat. But for those that are not familiar with me, I'll provide the answer.

[collapse="Everyone saw this coming from a mile away"]
[/collapse]

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^^^^ I don't even know who the heck that character is! :laugh:
Anna's or Roy, cause why the **** not?
How about an "All of them except the ones for Walhart or the ones for Old Hector" option?
I was gonna go with the "All of them that don't matter (in regards to smash bros. playable character status)" option... which is every Fire Emblem character that hasn't already been playable in smash plus Chrom.
Maybe there's a tiny part of my heart open to the fanbase of Ephraim, Lyn, and Hector, but nobody else (but them).

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Hey, about Fire Emblem, should I get Awakening if I didn't enjoy the GBA FE and Sacred Stones that much?

Just to avoid any flaming, I DO think they're great games, they're just not my thing and playing them felt like a chore.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Hey, about Fire Emblem, should I get Awakening if I didn't enjoy the GBA FE and Sacred Stones that much?

Just to avoid any flaming, I DO think they're great games, they're just not my thing and playing them felt like a chore.
I'd say yes. IMO, it has a lot of more convenient mechanics that let you focus more on killing and less on moving two spaces through the rain.

Not to mention the reclass system is SO good.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341

BUY IT.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I'd say yes. IMO, it has a lot of more convenient mechanicd that let you focus more on killing and less on moving two spaces through the rain.
Awesome, because I tried very hard to enjoy the FE games, but the turns were too slow for my taste, and it all felt like it took too long

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
After I'm done with my irrational obsession with New Leaf (it never ends! :mad088:) , that'll surely be the next 3DS game I'm picking up.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also while Fire Emblem is being discussed, a quick shout out to the Advance Wars series is going to be made.

Gotta pay tribute to that series.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The only 3DS games that matter to me are Pokemon X & Y, and Smash3DS. The older I get, the more bills I pay, the less money I seem to have to spend on wants, and the more convincing it takes to get me to buy something. But Smash and Pokemon will always be bought.

I may, but probably won't, get ALttP2

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
You know what? A lot of characters from Fire Emblem have been suggested, but I just recalled the very most whimsical, memorable, and loveable character of all of Fire Emblem...

Nils, the magic flute boy!
Nils.jpg

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wouldn't want to kill off any fanbases. Just specific users...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I just found a new favorite Fire Emblem character:

SORT OF SHARES THE NAME OF MY FAVORITE STAG BEETLE'S GENUS.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Nils is cute and all, but no one, and I mean NO ONE can compare to mah boi Lugh.

Lugh and Lleu...just brilliant names for twins (Lucas and Claus is as well). Though I don't mind the official translation of Lleu being Raigh.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just found a new favorite Fire Emblem character:

SORT OF SHARES THE NAME OF MY FAVORITE STAG BEETLE'S GENUS.

I could swear you'd like Cherche more. A Strong axe-wielding maid that rides a dragon. Sort of fits you to a tee.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Since we're playing "Who's the cutest shota" game, I win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom