• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's okay. We all compensate for things in our own little ways.

Smooth Criminal
Is that why you're a Premium Member? ¦D

For someone who used to chat with me on MSN, you sure are being one hell of a **** without any legit reason. What's got your panties in a knot? Did somebody delete all your Haruhi stash or what?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Kingdom Hearts III would be an incredible game if:
-The gameplay didn't have such a silly "press X to win" mechanic that was introduced in KHII. It also would help if the series had some of the "free roaming" feel of KHI's gameplay, as well as keeping the speed of KHII.
-The characters weren't as terribly drab, impossible to relate to, hard to like (if you had intelligence), and really, aside from most of the Disney characters and a small amount of exceptions, the entirety of all the characters weren't that great.
-The story made cohesive sense, and it flowed from the previous games without confusing everyone who did or didn't play the previous games. I mean, KHIII doesn't need to have as good of a story as say 007: Skyfall, but my goodness the series so far has had terrible series, and quite frankly, it's pretty sad.
-CAN WE GET SOME FREAKING DRAGON QUEST CHARACTERS IN THE SERIES ALREADY!?!?!?
-Everything right in the series stayed, and hopefully was improved upon.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Ah but seriously, the AttP thing is something I've actually found a good number of reviewers and some LPers have brought up over the years. (Solely story wise) I didn't really see it myself either until I went back and looked at the two side-by-side. It's only in regards to the very first KH, bit it actually does kind of make since, in an odd sort of way.
Like I said, their similarities are superficial and come in story tropes that a LOT of stories (both in and outside of videogames) share.

So, it's incredibly foolish to compare it directly to Zelda.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Is that why you're a Premium Member? ¦D
Nah, man. I just like putting fancy **** underneath my name.

For someone who used to chat with me on MSN, you sure are being one hell of a **** without any legit reason. What's got your panties in a knot? Did somebody delete all your Haruhi stash or what?
xD I'm just busting your balls, Wave. Chill.

And that's funny, I don't remember talking to you on MSN all the time, or even at all. I'm usually good about that.

...and I don't even like Haruhi, wtf. Assuming I even like anime like I used to. Now who is busting who's nuts? :salt:y

Smooth Criminal

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I take the opposite of the whining angle. Kingdom Hearts has such bad characters (sorry Riku, Sora, and Kyrie fans, but those character suck), that I think they would ruin Star Wars meshing with it... unless it was done right, the characters were built up better, the story actually made sense, and the Star Wars characters were used right. You know, I don't want this crap to be like Pirates of the Caribbean where all I ever wanted to do was get the heck out! :chuckle:
You didn't like Port Royal?
That was one of the cool parts for me.

Going from old 1930s cartoon-based Timeless River to a live action world. Both worlds were a pleasant surprise.

It's also funny how Sparrow and the others didn't find anything strange about a walking-talking cartoon duck and dog-face, while King Triton in the first KH knew Sora and the others were from another universe not from the way they looked, but from the way they SWAM.

If you don't want New York City World with Spider-Man and Daredevil in it, then screw you... SCREW... YOU!!!!
Earth should be called Real World Place Universe Land.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Kingdom Hearts III would be an incredible game if:
-The gameplay didn't have such a silly "press X to win" mechanic that was introduced in KHII. It also would help if the series had some of the "free roaming" feel of KHI's gameplay, as well as keeping the speed of KHII.
Nomura has actually stated that 3 will play like KH2FM (There's actually a good different between the two gameplay wise. Positively so.) with elements from BBS and 3D added in the middle.

So yeah, I hope you liked those games. I know I did. 2 is still my favorite in the series. :3

Like I said, their similarities are superficial and come in story tropes that a LOT of stories (both in and outside of videogames) share.

So, it's incredibly foolish to compare it directly to Zelda.
"Foolish"? That's a rather strong word to use. Just say you don't agree and be done with it. XD

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean that it's wrong. We all see things differently, after all.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nah, man. I just like putting fancy **** underneath my name.

xD I'm just busting your balls, Wave. Chill.

And that's funny, I don't remember talking to you on MSN all the time, or even at all. I'm usually good about that.

...and I don't even like Haruhi, wtf. Assuming I even like anime like I used to. Now who is busting who's nuts? :salt:y

Smooth Criminal
...You used Haruhi avatars ALL THE TIME back when we used to chat before. Why else would I think that? D:

How dare you confuse me! MORTAL KOMBAT ENSUES! D< *fistclench*

Oh, and I'm sorry. I'm so used to people attacking me seriously when I make an intentionally bad joke that I kinda put my defenses up. My bad. XD;

I'm 22 sunnn... :shades:
That makes you..uh...um...

Screw it. We'll just say you're Cell and be done with it. ¦D;

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I did? Are you sure that was me, bro? I don't remember ever using Haruhi avatars back in the day on MSN. What was your screen name? As a matter of fact, what the hell was mine? Lol.

Anyways, no harm meant. I was joking around.

Smooth Criminal

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
you sure are being one hell of a **** without any legit reason. What's got your panties in a knot? Did somebody delete all your Haruhi stash or what?
He knows I'm the king of the shota (Which is obviously a good title to have) and my shota opinions outrank yours.

He just picked the winning side really.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I would have liked KH more if it was just Disney characters

there are not enough greater than signs in the world that say Mickey Mouse is greater then Sora

I'm am also of the 16 persuasion

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I guess I'm the 17, then. Will be until I turn 18 next March.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
He knows I'm the king of the shota (Which is obviously a good title to have) and my shota opinions outrank yours.

He just picked the winning side really.

Carl doesn't even hold a candle to Afuro Terumi here, or any of the other shotas from a very odd soccer anime called Inazuma Eleven. And that's low level these days.

Besides, Carl is no Bridget, that's for sure.

I did? Are you sure that was me, bro? I don't remember ever using Haruhi avatars back in the day on MSN. What was your screen name? As a matter of fact, what the hell was mine? Lol.

Anyways, no harm meant. I was joking around.

Smooth Criminal
...The same thing that it is here. For both of us. ¦D; (That or Keil Crimson, since that's my actual online name now.)

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I'm actually really looking forward to that Disney Infinity game. Looks amazing.

And I wouldn't mind if Disney went with the trend of terrible Smash rip offs. I would love to see Stitch vs Mr. Incredible (vs Chewbacca vs Hulk).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Too much trap, not enough innocent boy-ishness. Carl stands.

Huzzah!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So do i get to be Dr. Gero then if I'm 20?
I turn 21 in a couple of months so **** the andriods, I just want to be Popo aka Jynx's father

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know, Kingdom Hearts would be a lot better if Mickey Mouse was the main character, and he teamed with Donald and Goofy (who are freaking great IMO; I love them, and they are honestly the 3 characters I have the most [emotional] attachment to), and maybe some characters like Cloud, Terra, Squall, or various Dragon Quest characters.
DISREGARD THIS I LIVE UNDER A ROCK
Yeah, college starts next month for me. c:
3 more years! 3 more years! 1 year to my 2 Associate's Degrees (because I can), :p 3 years until my Bachelor's Degree!!!

Then, I AM FREEEEEEEEHHH!!!!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I would have liked KH more if it was just Disney characters
I'd like KH more if it was just FF characters.

Thankfully, FF15 is being made. ¦D

Besides, KH wouldn't be as popular as it is if it was just Disney characters.

And I only say that because of all it's...egh...fangirls.

Too much trap, not enough innocent boy-ishness. Carl stands.

Huzzah!
Implying that Carl is innocent.

lol

Have you ever taken the time to get the bad endings in the games where he slaughters you? Carl is no innocent little shota. He's one badass sadistic sister****er.

Why sister? Cause Relius still has the mom. ¦D

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Implying that Carl is innocent.

lol

Have you ever taken the time to get the bad endings in the games where he slaughters you? Carl is no innocent little shota. He's one badass sadistic sister****er.

Why sister? Cause Relius still has the mom. ¦D

A S-Sister****er!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'd like KH more if it was just FF characters.
I'd like it more if KH had more decent FF characters. I'm tired of Sephiroth (one of the most overrated villain ever), Cloud (the most overrated hero ever; he's such an emo whiny little girl who needs to grow a pair), Yuffee (one of the most annoying [FF] characters ever), and just the series being too focused on FFVII.

I mean, I like the FFVIII, IX, and X characters being gradually introduced, but what about the first 6 games' characters, or FFXII (nevermind, no one remembers that game) FFXIII characters (just not too much Lightning, because she's yet another Cloud clone).
Hey, I'm the strongest android here besides Cell, so I'm not complaining.
Scratch that, I should be Kid Buu Cell Omega Shenron Vegeta... Super Saiyan 3...

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
"Foolish"? That's a rather strong word to use. Just say you don't agree and be done with it. XD

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean that it's wrong. We all see things differently, after all.
I do see it, I see it the way I see any story/videogame with a protagonist fighting off evil with a blade sharing those story tropes.

The point I'm trying to make is that sharing incredibly common tropes doesn't make the two similar in what they do at all.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
> 1 17 cant even beat Piccolo
> 2 17's can stand up to SSJ4 Goku

GT logic
Still not as bad as how strong everyone got in the Namek Saga. Seriously, Gohan went from like a 5,000 power level to like at least 3,000,000... from about a month of fighting/training. Wow.

Also, Goku learning the Spirit Bomb and Kao-Ken off camera was freaking stupid.

But still, GT had the most crap... and the plot lines were generally terrible. But hey, at least the final enemy was pretty awesome.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
> 1 17 cant even beat Piccolo
> 2 17's can stand up to SSJ4 Goku

GT logic

Since we're on the topic of GT logic.

I'd like it more if KH had more decent FF characters. I'm tired of Sephiroth (one of the most overrated villain ever), Cloud (the most overrated hero ever; he's such an emo whiny little girl who needs to grow a pair).
*stops you there* Cloud was a perfectly competent and relatable character who could make jokes and take jokes and actually give a damn about people (Except for when he wanted to be a prick to make them plead) and didn't mope and whine all the time in FF7.

Advent Children changed him into the whiny emo everyone knows and hates now.

Oh, and I still like Sephy, but he's very easy to make fun of.

If there's an FF character I've love to see in KH3 as a secret boss, though, it's Exdeath.

We must feel the VOID. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom