• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Plus, I think you could do that in Pokemon Battle Revolution.
Haven't played Battle Revolution but when I did connecting on Colosseum on the GameCube, all it was was a menu on the GBA to choose my move and wasn't trying to copy the GameCube's graphics. Plus Pokemon is turned based and Smash is real time: big difference.

Anonymous777

Smash Rookie
I see, so youre the type to resort to insults when things dont go your way. I dont like your attitude Oasis but i wont insult you because for all i know you might be respected member in the community while im just a rookie. All i ask is that you dont respond to me again.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Originally, I never really understood Oasis. Over time, as I analyzed his posts more, he held more truth than what he "insulted".
(truth is subjective by a consensus of peers, not necessarily "the truth"... nothing here is truth, really, were all speculating. everything is fact and opinion)
his "insults" really feel more like a term of endearment overtime. you get used to it. heck, when he reads this, he will likely call me names.

now on to the nitty gritty. Spitting the content! more money, you say? Okay, look... this is Nintendo. farther than that, this is SAKURAI. 83% of the more respected smashboards users understand about half of what makes Masahiro Sakurai tick, and this concept of splitting the content for the sake of raising the odds both versions are purchased by the common individual... yeah... noo...

And another thing. This is the main thing. This content... when you transfer it onto the Wii U version, how does it get there? what is IT? a character?

scenario: exclusive to 3DS, Isaac is transferred onto Wii U version to be played against Wii U exclusive Saki Amamiya (and vice versa for Saki to 3DS) where did the models come from? clearly they are "on the disc" right?
This isn't the same as Mortal Kombat 09' where Rain isn't on the disc AND doesn't need to be downloaded in order to fight against. We're talking about models of High Poly, Low Poly, disc space, and not to mention the Capcom Disc-Locked fiasco of last year. locking characters only to be unlocked easily through a transfer of keys (the 3ds - wii u data transfer) is not a good idea not only for pulling a capcom, but also for unbalancing the characters right off the bat. know this. The Tekken team is working their ass off to balance this ****.

that was longer than i expected... okay... don't consider this as a focus on you... consider this my return to smash speculation... well, public smash spec...

BreadBug, I believe all the groups (social forums) have been bombed....

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Thank you Augusto Flores. There. I called you two names.

BUT thank you for explaining what I had too often before. I mean it's pretty annoying so it's much simpler to just say it's a dumb idea.

Anonymous777

Smash Rookie
I see your point Flores so im not going to drag this on but the 2 versions scenario is still very possible to me. From a business perspective, its the best choice.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From a customer perspective it would piss me the hell off if Smash DS got characters the wii u version didn't have. Especially if I liked the characters

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oh, you and your cash... might as well change your avatar to Mr. Krabs.

(sigh... so getting annoyed by this Post Reply submission thing... i fear that i might post twice, it doesn't send a notice fast enough... the first button i press ever should tell me, but noooo.... it's like i gotta press it twice always... or go to more options...)... yeah... have to go to more options every time... just checked...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I see your point Flores so im not going to drag this on but the 2 versions scenario is still very possible to me. From a business perspective, its the best choice.
What do you even know about business. That's what those "jokes" from before were pointing out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, I'm SURE he's a business major.

...and a philosophy major

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Breadbug actually messaged me saying he talked to a Mod. They're currently working on it, I think.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, their top priority was to get the essentials of the forums back. Groups will be back eventually. I'd say by the end of the week.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Oh, please. Do you really think this is the best choice?
There's money, and there's reputation. A good reputation gets you more money. Doing stupid stuff to get money easily may ruin your reputation.
Nintendo is all about their reputation.
Your "business perspective" is what made companies like Capcom and EA turn into the scums of gaming they are now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hey buds.

Oasis? Taking him seriously? Oh god, thats a lesson I learned. Lol...

#thatsausagejokestillmakesnosense

EDIT: Anyone happy that we're finally getting info- though minor- this summer?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think everyone's happy to see some info. We've gone with hardly anything for years now, and in a few months, we're getting concrete information.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think everyone's happy to see some info. We've gone with hardly anything for years now, and in a few months, we're getting concrete information.
I ask because, well, I didn't feel that particular 'jump' of enthusiasm kick in when I heard about it. I guess it's just me, then. ,_,

EDIT: Totally off topic, but how do I chage my name? I forgot how to.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
NEW POKEBALL POKEMON: MUDKIP

When released, Mudkip will say "So I herd u liek mudkipz." Everyone except the one who released it loses automatically. :chuckle:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Judging by the avi and the sausage part, I'm guessing Viotini is asage

Exclusive characters would be dumb, but I honestly don't mind the idea of exclusive stages as long as they take advantage of what their respective consoles have to offer (using the GamePad for Wii U stages, 3D for 3DS stages, etc.)

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
OK, after seeing this:

I think we may have a use for AR cards and the camera for the 3DS version....

vicgur

Smash Ace
EDIT: Totally off topic, but how do I chage my name? I forgot how to.
Is it possible? I've always wanted to change mine[I didn't really want my name to lack capitalization... It was a mistake].
I'd love to change mine to "VicGurg".

Also, I'm expecting a full awesome trailer at E3. No less than that. That should be enough information for now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you're premium, and haven't used your allotted name changes already, you can contact an admin to change it. AFAIK, standard members can't change their names. Sorry. :ohwell:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Is it possible? I've always wanted to change mine[I didn't really want my name to lack capitalization... It was a mistake].
I'd love to change mine to "VicGurg".

Also, I'm expecting a full awesome trailer at E3. No less than that. That should be enough information for now.
I'm wanting more than just a trailer. I want a lot of the game's mechanics revealed along with demos at E3 where hopefully Nintendo won't turn into narcs like last time.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Considering Smash wasn't mentioned among Kart and the new Mario 3D game to be playable at E3, I wouldn't hold out much hope for a demo in June. I'm thinking the most they'll reveal gameplay-and-mechanic-wise will have to be observed in the trailer.

vicgur

Smash Ace
If you're premium, and haven't used your allotted name changes already, you can contact an admin to change it. AFAIK, standard members can't change their names. Sorry. :ohwell:
Oh, okay. I can live with that.

I'm wanting more than just a trailer. I want a lot of the game's mechanics revealed along with demos at E3 where hopefully Nintendo won't turn into narcs like last time.
That's why I said "no less", but didn't say "no more". More than just a trailer would be more than welcome.

Sword_kirby777

Smash Cadet
@Oasis: No, I'm not. I'm not saying that it would be a wise decision for Nintendo to do anything like split content up, but it's a possibility. However, I highly doubt that Nintendo would do something so stupid.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Here's hoping that Nintendo will advertise the game heavily, like they did with Kid Icarus: Uprising and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Like these two games, they could make trailers showcasing the game's mechanics on detail. And, of course, having trailers for characters, especially newcomers.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Character trailers for every character revealed would be nice. I would love to hear a Past is Prologue remix for a Zero Suit Samus trailer.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I thought they had sort of done that with Fox, Sonic, and Snake in Brawl. I mean, I can understand the last two. But the fact that they kind of made a snippet just for Fox was always strange. Character trailers would indeed be an interesting thing to see though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
A trailer every two weeks on the Dojo, revealing a character and showing off the two weeks worth of updates leading up to that trailer would be neat. Though for things like game modes and how to play updates, maybe that wouldn't work so well. Assuming there would be 30 starting characters, that sort of pattern could easily go on for a year.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I actually look forward to seeing how they plan on handling smashbros.com this time. The difference between Melee and Brawl's sites was one thing. I don't entirely remember, but it seemed that Brawl's site actually discussed and showed more things. But I think the next one could be better still. Short trailers could definitely say more about stages and characters, even particular game mechanics than a few screenshots.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ehehehe, imagine them taking advantage of all their Nintendo Network services to keep up Smash hype. Could get its very own channels on the Wii U and 3DS. Now THOSE could use some WEEKLY trailer updates.

D

Deleted member

We got a new Haliburton, lol.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/65519577

GameFaqs seems to be wisening up, as barely anyone believes it, and are instead challenging it.

Unlike Haliburton, this guy didn't set up a timeframe that would kill it outright. However, he DID give mention of a character that supposedly exists outside of fan knowledge. With Haliburton, it was "Debu", with this guy, it's a new 6th Gen Pokemon called "Centuriake".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom