• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Wouldn't mind it myself, but it's something I'm not going to bet on.

As a side note though, I would like to see a remake of Sonic 1 (Genesis & Master System) using a similar approach as Generations for Sonic's 25th.

I'm content with whatever characters are put in. Although I was first upset when WFT was revealed and thought it was a joke. On the Nintendo page I saw "WFT Revealed for Smash!". I was like haha, funny Nintendo...then I read the comments and people were serious. I then started getting nervous and was about to cry. Then it was true!! She was in Smash! I saw the reveal trailer and all my worries went away...I laffed.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
We all know Nintendo just wants money as with every business does. Though hopefully they can succeed in are demands or wishes to bring a better smash. We can only:
HOPE! HOPE!

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
We all know Nintendo just wants money as with every business does. Though hopefully they can succeed in are demands or wishes to bring a better smash. We can only:
HOPE! HOPE!

Compared to Sony and Microsoft...they are the lesser of three evils. Each company does need money to survive.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh boy. While I like the classic Sonic games. I'd rather not have the retro sonic only fanboys be all smug and feel superior because Sonic's design was made into his classic one, so they can feel the need to treat whomever likes the newer designs like dirt. Even more then they do now
Well, the New Sonic fanbase can have Brawl.... so why not let the Classic Sonic fanbase have SSB4?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
HOPE! HOPE!

MegaMan, no more tripping, and faster gameplay say good things about this Smash.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be surprised if had Sonic been given more time that they would have gone with the Classic version instead in Brawl (plus his move set would have been a lot less bland). Not that I'm complaining; I prefer the modern design if you ask me.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
We're might have something tomorrow? What exactly are people talking about?Samurai Goroh... Stings the Battlefield
Krystal... Volunteers to Fight
No no no, like this:

Krystal... Delivers Reinforcement.

I've had a few others since my last batch.

Slime... Draws Near.
Mona... Delivers A Surprise.
Waluigi... Crashes The Party.
Professor Layton... Accepts The Invitation.
Chrom... Rises To Arms.
Waddle Dee... Wanders Onto Field.
Paper Mario... Folds His Hand.
Mii... Bats For Success.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
True though Sony and Microsoft involve, yet Nintendo will always be behind. Maybe not in gameplay and having a good time but in Graphics, Sound and story in a game is where it hinders.

I disagree. Super Paper Mario, as well as some other games, have some of the best stories I've ever seen. Nintendo has always done well with music, and honestly, graphics don't matter to me. HD console with the WiiU. They're currently beating the crap out of the Xbox One because of its ****ty start.

Plus, Nintendo's been ahead before. First handheld system, first to do the 3D thing (that a LOT of companies are now doing after the 3DS)...

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
No no no, like this:

Krystal... Delivers Reinforcement.

I've had a few others since my last batch.

Slime... Draws Near.
Mona... Delivers A Surprise.
Waluigi... Crashes The Party.
Professor Layton... Accepts The Invitation.
Chrom... Rises To Arms.
Waddle Dee... Wanders Onto Field.
Paper Mario... Folds His Hand.
Mii... Bats For Success.
I think a better one for Mii would be:
Mii...would like to play

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Well, the New Sonic fanbase can have Brawl.... so why not let the Classic Sonic fanbase have SSB4?
I personally thought Sonic in Brawl was a mix of his classic and modern designs.

He has the down special spin dash, the Super Sonic final smash, the jumping sound effect, and the classic pushing and waiting animation.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Mii... will rock you. :awesome:
Now I wanna listen to some Queen or pop in "A Knight's Tale"

I personally thought Sonic in Brawl was a mix of his classic and modern designs.

He has the down special spin dash, the Super Sonic final smash, the jumping sound effect, and the classic pushing and waiting animation.
It did certainly feel that way. I agree.

Hey, maybe classic Mega Man be in SSB4 but Mega Man X can be for SSB5?! :awesome:
I got my Megaman X in Project X Zone at least. Classic needed this lol.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone think Sonic will receive some WereSonic moves? Or maybe they'll make him a sword user based off of Sonic and the Black Knight. :troll:

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
True though Sony and Microsoft involve, yet Nintendo will always be behind. Maybe not in gameplay and having a good time but in Graphics, Sound and story in a game is where it hinders.

Well Nintendo caters to a different demographic. Back in the day, we loved those games cause we were children.

I feel like you are speaking in a personal level and not looking outside the box.

I kind of disagree that Nintendo has bad graphics, sound, and story. If you're looking for realistic graphics, I'm sure they could easily do that if they want to (Watch Dogs for Wii U). If you are talking about their system, its stronger than PS3s and Xbox360s current systems. The graphics never looked sharper and colorful as it does now (can easily be seen in the new Smash Trailer and new Mario Kart). There are some fine details in the games they are creating. Realism is not what they are aiming for.

As for sound...whoa buddy...Nintendo has the most nostalgic soundtracks to ever exist in games. Almost all of the music from Zelda is famed and orchestrated even today. Thousands of remixes can be found for these tunes. Every gamer knows who Mario and what his theme is...

Story is probably the only thing I'll agree with you on for the Mario series. Although the Zelda series as a whole has a GREAT story and timeline that is actually more complex then we have ever thought originally.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Does anyone think Sonic will receive some WereSonic moves? Or maybe they'll make him a sword user based off of Sonic and the Black Knight. :troll:
While I liked Unleashed and Black Knight. I don't think people would be happy with either prospect. Even if the Werehog's stretchy arms were a nod to Ristar

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
I disagree. Super Paper Mario, as well as some other games, have some of the best stories I've ever seen. Nintendo has always done well with music, and honestly, graphics don't matter to me. HD console with the WiiU. They're currently beating the crap out of the Xbox One because of its ****ty start.

Plus, Nintendo's been ahead before. First handheld system, first to do the 3D thing (that a LOT of companies are now doing after the 3DS)...
True, I think Nintendo games such as paper Mario and the zelda franchise were amazing though they keep pushing good games such as animal crossing, Luigi Dark Moon, and many others to the 3ds. Why do that when you need games for the Wii U if anything make it also on the Wii U such as what Smash 4 is doing. They lost and reshaped there once amazing stories into less and not as dense desires I, we wanted.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
True, I think Nintendo games such as paper Mario and the zelda franchise were amazing though they keep pushing good games such as animal crossing, Luigi Dark Moon, and many others to the 3ds. Why do that when you need games for the Wii U if anything make it also on the Wii U such as what Smash 4 is doing. They lost and reshaped there once amazing stories into less and not as dense desires I, we wanted.

The games are coming, there just needs to be some time. When the next gen releases they will also have a hard time pumping out games at the start. Game developers (outside of Sony and Microsoft) will get hands on the kits so that they are then able to make games for the systems. Unreal 4 is out to certain companies, but not all. I know when it comes out to the public, I'll attempt to make games on the engine as well.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
Well Nintendo caters to a different demographic. Back in the day, we loved those games cause we were children.

I feel like you are speaking in a personal level and not looking outside the box.

I kind of disagree that Nintendo has bad graphics, sound, and story. If you're looking for realistic graphics, I'm sure they could easily do that if they want to (Watch Dogs for Wii U). If you are talking about their system, its stronger than PS3s and Xbox360s current systems. The graphics never looked sharper and colorful as it does now (can easily be seen in the new Smash Trailer and new Mario Kart). There are some fine details in the games they are creating. Realism is not what they are aiming for.

As for sound...whoa buddy...Nintendo has the most nostalgic soundtracks to ever exist in games. Almost all of the music from Zelda is famed and orchestrated even today. Thousands of remixes can be found for these tunes. Every gamer knows who Mario and what his theme is...

Story is probably the only thing I'll agree with you on for the Mario series. Although the Zelda series as a whole has a GREAT story and timeline that is actually more complex then we have ever thought originally.
True the sound and stories are truly amazing though the graphics don't even compare to the PS4 nor Xbox one this is what I'm saying by downgrading there consoles. Games on the PS3 such as The Last of Us or Uncharted 3: Drake's deception are masterpieces. You don't get two 10/10s in a row on one of the top gaming review sites and say the company isn't amazing.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
True the sound and stories are truly amazing though the graphics don't even compare to the PS4 nor Xbox one this is what I'm saying by downgrading there consoles. Games on the PS3 such as The Last of Us or Uncharted 3: Drake's deception are masterpieces. You don't get two 10/10s in a row on one of the top gaming review sites and say the company isn't amazing.

I honestly prefer Nintendo's graphics. Every game has color, personality, and charm.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
Your opinion is your opinion for me they are both great companies though I prefer PlayStation for my dedicated console. I come here to talk smash not others, there is a place and time for others but right now it's smash.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Your opinion is your opinion for me they are both great companies though I prefer PlayStation for my dedicated console.

Very true. I'll keep my opinion, and you can have yours.

SEE INTERNET. THIS IS HOW YOU KEEP OPINIONS WITHOUT *****ING ABOUT WHO'S WRONG. :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So what's this about tomorrow?

I want this guy as a trophy:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So does that make it okay then? A blue SPINED swordsman?
Hey, if it's not hair, then it's fine. Never put "blue" and "hair" together in the same sentence, it causes a rip the space time continuum that slowly consumes every single particle of matter in it's wake.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Most game companies are paid by the developers on the game to advertise their game in a positive fashion. I try to avoid biased websites like IGN for this reason. When I play or research a game I look at what's in it for me. I don't let another company tell me how good a game is and whether I should buy it or not.

In my own personal opinion I find shooter games very stale and not innovative. Unless a new idea is brought up such as Bungie's Destiny or Tom Clancey's Division...which made me open my eyes for a shooter for the first time since Goldeneye for the 64. I've heard The Last of Us has a great story as well as the Uncharted series, but I honestly feel like they do not compare to the Meta Gear Solid series. (Please note this is my own personal opinion). The story might be good, but the fun factor of the game is quite stale. Its the same 3rd person shooters that you have seen over in over again.

I'm currently in school for my B.S. in Game and Simulation Programming. Immersion is what sets apart these games. There is an illusion that tries to make these games look different due to its settings and environment. If you look at the mechanics, they are usually quite similar. There is actually nothing new in either of these games besides the setting that is placed within the story.

As I said before, Nintendo hits a separate demographic for games. They don't really want to create games that involve killing the **** out of each other or deformed hellspawns. This is why "realism" in graphics is not necessary. Try to image a realistic version of Mario......yea I wouldn't want that either...it would be terrifying.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Apparently people have convinced themselves that were going to get something more significant revealed tomorrow. Not sure how though. Maybe they think Sakurai wants to give FalKoopa a birthday present.
If we let our guard down for one day. It may cause us to be utterly blind-sided. Gotta keep it optimistic!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Apparently people have convinced themselves that were going to get something more significant revealed tomorrow. Not sure how though. Maybe they think Sakurai wants to give FalKoopa a birthday present.

Yeah I was looking back on the thread and found stuff about Mario Canon that I don't care about and a bunch of people saying "WHAT"S HAPPENING!?".

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't. Therefore I claim victory in this little kerfuffle.
You lost by default due to Dancing Colin kicking you out of the competition, as he yielded to me, not you. :<

Take that, knave! D<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom