• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Don't forget the timeline split in OOT. Young Link was from MM and one timeline. Adult Link is from the future version so they were separated in-series anyway. Also, notably, the MM timeline goes into Twilight Princess, so technically Young Link would become TP Link in Brawl, and Adult Link would become Toon Link in Brawl too, timeline-wise anyway. Awkward, no?

And I still can't interpret that way. Not after Melee and after what he said.

And they're all different "characters", but some might be the person. They're not synonyms at all.
That isn't entirely accurate. Young link could potentially become TP link because they don't clearly specify the amount of time between the two games but adult link doesn't become toon link. Not only does an "era" past in between the two links but hyrule was also flooded in that time. It's more accurate to say Adult link created the path for toon link.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That isn't entirely accurate. Young link could potentially become TP link because they don't clearly specify the amount of time between the two games but adult link doesn't become toon link. Not only does an "era" past in between the two links but hyrule was also flooded in that time. It's more accurate to say Adult link created the path for toon link.

Close enough. :awesome:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Don't forget the timeline split in OOT. Young Link was from MM and one timeline. Adult Link is from the future version so they were separated in-series anyway. Also, notably, the MM timeline goes into Twilight Princess, so technically Young Link would become TP Link in Brawl, and Adult Link would become Toon Link in Brawl too, timeline-wise anyway. Awkward, no?

And they're all different "characters", but some might be the person. They're not synonyms at all.
Well the Timeline were never solidified until Hyrule Hystoria.
Miyamoto said in Nintendo Power that The Wind Waker is the Very First Zelda Story. That was in 2002.

Now all of a sudden there are games that proceed WW like SS.
(you can check this archive site out http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda-Developer-Timeline-Quotes.php Many conflicting reports of the timeline around 2001-2002)

As for Dr. Mario, based off of the article it seems like Mario just has a lot of jobs that he pretend to me. I didn't see anything about they're all different characters.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Happy birthday, Falkoopa.

Again, no recording device, so have this:

Not sure if someone used that for another birthday, but whatever.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Right. But as pointed out, Link and Young Link are practically different people in Smash anyway.

This often happens during time shenanigans anyway. But in this case, they become different people when they went on to lead different lives.

Morbi

Scavenger
Miyamoto said in Nintendo Power that The Wind Waker is the Very First Zelda Story. That was in 2002.

Now all of a sudden there are games that proceed WW like SS.
(you can check this archive site out http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda-Developer-Timeline-Quotes.php Many conflicting reports of the timeline around 2001-2002)

As for Dr. Mario, based off of the article it seems like Mario just has a lot of jobs that he pretend to me. I didn't see anything about they're all different characters.
Wait... how could Wind Waker be the first Zelda if the intro cut-scene literally states that he isn't?

Happy birthday, Falkoopa.

Again, no recording device, so have this:

Not sure if someone used that for another birthday, but whatever.
Wow, I completely forgot how negative this song was.
That is my favorite Dethklok song. :smirk:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That's impossible. Wind Waker's intro directly references the events in Ocarina of Time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Wait... how could Wind Waker be the first Zelda if the intro cut-scene literally states that he isn't?
This was while the game was in development
This is the very first Zelda story. If all we ever did was try to continue the story, we'd lose some of the interest. It's fun to jump back and forth.
The timeline had no solidity even during WW development.

again look through this archive http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda-Developer-Timeline-Quotes.php (it's around 2002)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Look through this archive http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda-Developer-Timeline-Quotes.php It has has compiled multiple interviews pertaining to the timeline.(it's around 2002)
But Aounuma and Miyamoto then go on in another interview(also in 2002) saying that it takes place after Ocarina of Time.

"You can think of this game as taking place over a hundred years after Ocarina of Time. You can tell this from the opening story, and there are references to things from Ocarina located throughout the game as well."- Eiji Aounuma

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
But Aounuma and Miyamoto then go on in another interview(also in 2002) saying that it takes place after Ocarina of Time.

"You can think of this game as taking place over a hundred years after Ocarina of Time. You can tell this from the opening story, and there are references to things from Ocarina located throughout the game as well."- Eiji Aounuma
It's a glaring oversight then. But Miyamoto also admitted that he wasn't involved as much in The Wind Waker's development...
This is my point exactly. The Zelda Timeline was all over the place early on in 2000.
Melee came out when? 2001? I doubt they were thinking of 2 timelines let alone 3 during Melee's development.

How can Young Link and Adult Link in Melee represent the 2 timelines, when at that point it wasn't even clear if there was a split or not???

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think there will be something tonight. Will have to see in the morning.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, if we do get a new trailer, I'm hoping for Toad or Ridley myself.

I'm already quite happy with the current new characters.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Wait, is it confirmed that there will be a reveal on the site tomorrow, or is it just an expectation?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Threeways confirmed.

What was that about Wii Fit Trainer x MegaMan x Villager? :awesome: :troll:

On another idea, I'm trying to think of more entry phrases for new characters.

Things like "Ridley sizes up the competition."

I just need one for Brian(Quest 64). One idea I had was "Brian Rocks you like a Cyclone". Namely because it references two spells. >_>

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
What was that about Wii Fit Trainer x MegaMan x Villager? :awesome: :troll:

On another idea, I'm trying to think of more entry phrases for new characters.

Things like "Ridley sizes up the competition."

I just need one for Brian(Quest 64). One idea I had was "Brian Rocks you like a Cyclone". Namely because it references two spells. >_>

"Brian Spells Your Doom".

I'm sorry for that. I had to.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

And then for SSB4, can we get the canonical original Link (SS Link) and the historical original Link (Classic Link)? :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Who isn't these days :awesome:

Mr. Game & Watch. :troll:

@Poppy: That works. Now it just needs a picture.

@Arcadenik: Well, Adult Link in For isn't a specific one. He has notes from multiple Links, and his design and style is both SS and TP Link, soooooooo...

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Happy Birthday FailKoopa

And what is happening tonight where did you guys hear this?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Happy birthday, FalKoopa. You're one year closer to death!

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Where did the talk of an update tonight come from or are you guys just guessing that there will be one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom