• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Agreed 100%.

I really disliked that Mewtwo and Roy got cut in Brawl, but I still enjoyed the game a lot. Characters are good and we all have our favorites, but gameplay is more important.

Seriously, not buying a game because your favorite character isn't in is stupid. It makes you seem like you don't care about the most important part of the game: the gameplay itself.
Was like in Project X Zone. I was disappointed that Sonic, Streets of Rage and Golden Axe got nothing but I had favorites otherwise like X & Zero, the Sakura Wars cast. Street Fighter etc etc [I really could go on. Lots of great choices in the game] that got in, So it was worth it anyways.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Was like in Project X Zone. I was disappointed that Sonic, Streets of Rage and Golden Axe got nothing but I had favorites otherwise like X & Zero, the Sakura Wars cast. Street Fighter etc etc [I really could go on. Lots of great choices in the game] that got in, So it was worth it anyways.
You know what Project X Zone and Super Smash Bros. have in common, right? Both are crossover games and you can't please everyone. It's impossible.

Though I didn't know all of the characters in PXZ, it's a feeling I had when I first heard about Smash and it's always good to expand my gaming horizons. That's one thing I like about crossovers.

My point still stands: the gameplay is still more important. While characters are an important aspect, if the gameplay fails, the game flops anyway. Characters alone don't make a game.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I wouldn't have played Brawl for too long if it didn't have online. Yes I know, its online is terrible, but from a standpoint of someone who never played Smash Bros with friends because they didn't like video games and whatnot, it's refreshing to this day to go against a human player, good or bad. Hell, to this day, I've been playing online every night since the day Brawl came out.

I'd try Melee's dolphin or whatever it's called if I took the time to learn about the computer file nonsense, though.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
You know what Project X Zone and Super Smash Bros. have in common, right? Both are crossover games and you can't please everyone. It's impossible.

Though I didn't know all of the characters in PXZ, it's a feeling I had when I first heard about Smash and it's always good to expand my gaming horizons. That's one thing I like about crossovers.

My point still stands: the gameplay is still more important. While characters are an important aspect, if the gameplay fails, the game flops anyway. Characters alone don't make a game.
I totally agree with you on that all of your points. It was thanks to Smash I learned what F-Zero, Earthbound and Fire Emblem were among some other series I had missed. Same with PXZ, learning about some new series and it feels wonderful reading up on them and trying to get the means to play them ^^;

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Diddy was the most technical character of Brawl. If it didn't have him in, it WOULD have sucked for me.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
If Diddy wasn't included, Mewtwo's removal was enough to justify not buying Brawl. It only got worse by King Dedede's lame *** chaingrab on DK, Ike being bad, and all other top tiers besides Diddy being extremely homosexual and stupid.

Literally, Diddy is the best thing in Brawl. And sole reason I enjoyed the game. No need to lie.
Who needs tiers?

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I totally agree with you on that all of your points. It was thanks to Smash I learned what F-Zero, Earthbound and Fire Emblem were among some other series I had missed. Same with PXZ, learning about some new series and it feels wonderful reading up on them and trying to get the means to play them ^^;

Are there any Rival Schools reps in PXZ?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why whine about certain characters not getting in? Most of you will have at least one or two of your most wanted newcomers revealed. I'll be lucky to have one.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The game is called Mario Kart 8.

Not Diddy Kong Racing 8.

If it was all about Diddy being in it. How the heck did you even enjoy the Mario Karts before Double Dash? Or how the hell did you even play Smash 64 and Melee?

Someone over estimates Diddy's importance to the core of any game not called Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong.~~

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Diddy was the most technical character of Brawl. If it didn't have him in, it WOULD have sucked for me.
I liked Mewtwo in Melee and he was removed in SSB4 and you don't see me complaining about it. There were other characters in Brawl I liked, such as Olimar.

While I would like Mewtwo to return for SSB4, I will buy the game regardless of whether or not he's included.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
I liked Mewtwo in Melee and he was removed in SSB4 and you don't see me complaining about it. There were other characters in Brawl I liked, such as Olimar.

While I would like Mewtwo to return for SSB4, I will buy the game regardless of whether or not he's included.
This here is a man who is devoted to Smashing, no matter the characters, or anything else. I look up to them. :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Smash Brothers and Mario Kart is fun regardless of the roster to me.

I don't know maybe I come from strange foreign land where people buy and play games based on gameplay not their favorite character being in the game/game's storyline.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've wanted Cranky Kong in Mario Kart for the longest.

I mean really he should've been in before Funky, if NOT Diddy, since he's the original DK and was a rival of Mario's at one point.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Personally, I prefer the air I think that the cast in most Mario Kart games are pointless, because besides their weight class there is nothing special about them. Which is why I like Double Dash so much, because it gave you a reason to go for characters. There was something unique about each (pair of) character(s). If everyone drives the same then they are just skins for external attractions.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Genius Sonority.

I don't care who makes it. I know Genius Sonority made the Gamecube ones, but Game Freak and the Pokemon Company were CLEARLY involved. :chuckle:

I just want another Shadow Pokemon game. :crying:

@Moon: Baby Mario and Yoshi. Yoshi Eggs that home in, and the Chain Chomp if I fall behind.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Smash Brothers and Mario Kart is fun regardless of the roster to me.

I don't know maybe I come from strange foreign land where people buy and play games based on gameplay not their favorite character being in the game/game's storyline.

In some cases, people should try out the roster rather than just stick to the characters they're already familiar with or already like, and they may indeed just find another character to add to their favorites. I used to be mostly all bout Bowser back in the day (formally DK in the 64 days), but now look at me loving Pit more than Bowser.
It's nice to stay true to a character, but it's even better to have alternatives in case you don't like their style in the new game, or if they didn't make it at all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also to add onto this. There is a demo on the 3DS E-Shop! Those of you who want to try it out.
A second demo has been released this week in Europe and will be released on the next week in the US.

The second demo features more known characters like Jin & Xiaoyu (Tekken), X & Zero (Mega Man), Chris & Jill (Resident Evil), Yuri & Estelle (Tales) and Dante & Demitri (Devil May Cry & Darkstalkers).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yep. I have never touched a Fire Emblem game in my life, but Marth is my boy in Melee/Brawl.

Not even a huge fan of Pikmin, but loved Olimar in Brawl.

It really is okay to branch out from your safety zone. It doesn't hurt that much.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why sad? I'll rather keep my standards and my money if I'm not gonna be interessted anyway.

I did in fact play Smash 64 and Melee. But was still heavily dissapointed Diddy wasn't in it. And up till today, I still think Diddy should have been at least in Melee. As I've wanted him since Smash 64.

Double Dash was the first Mario Kart I actually purchased so... I did play SNES Mario Kart however. And GBA Mario Kart (I got both as presents).

No Diddy no purchase is my motto for any game that could potentially have him in. Doesn't mean I'll buy any game where he's in mindlessly, cause I don't.

Ain't no body got time for dat.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
In some cases, people should try out the roster rather than just stick to the characters they're already familiar with or already like, and they may indeed just find another character to add to their favorites. I used to be mostly all bout Bowser back in the day (formally DK in the 64 days), but now look at me loving Pit more than Bowser.
It's nice to stay true to a character, but it's even better to have alternatives in case you don't like their style in the new game, or if they didn't make it at all.
To play devils advocate for a sec. Part of the fun for Smash Bros is being able to play as your favorite Nintendo All-star. Some people may not pick characters based on play-style, but instead they may pick the characters because they have some sort of affinity for them, and/or maybe fans of that series.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Yep. I have never touched a Fire Emblem game in my life, but Marth is my boy in Melee/Brawl.

Not even a huge fan of Pikmin, but loved Olimar in Brawl.

It really is okay to branch out from your safety zone. It doesn't hurt that much.
In my case. Smash is what made me the huge fire emblem fan I am today haha ^^.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Confession #1: Roy is the only character I care about making it into Smash 4. If he doesn't get in I'll be a bit disappointed, yeah. However, I bought Brawl knowing that Roy isn't in it, so nothing is stopping me now. Also, I'm grateful that he's appearing in SMTxFE along with Lilina. I don't even know if I'm more hyped for SMTxFE or Smash 4... probably the former.

Confession #2: I'm probably one of the few people who would rather have everyone unlocked from the start. Please don't hate, but unlockable characters are like added fluff to me. Having to unlock veterans (especially the original 12) is going to feel more like a chore, making me less excited to unlock them unless they're revamped (I kinda felt like this in Brawl).

Confession #3: I had a crush on this boy who sat next to me in grade 6. I was too shy to befriend him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why sad? I'll rather keep my standards and my money if I'm not gonna be interessted anyway.

I did in fact play Smash 64 and Melee. But was still heavily dissapointed Diddy wasn't in it. And up till today, I still think Diddy should have been at least in Melee. As I've wanted him since Smash 64.

Double Dash was the first Mario Kart I actually purchased so... I did play SNES Mario Kart however. And GBA Mario Kart (I got both as presents).

No Diddy no purchase is my motto for any game that could potentially have him in. Doesn't mean I'll buy any game where he's in mindlessly, cause I don't.

Ain't no pbody got time for dat.
You only further my point: it's like you don't care about the games themselves, but only whether Diddy Kong is in or not. The gameplay could be broken as hell, but "Ah! Diddy is in! Gonna buy."

That's why I think it's sad. It's the same thing as buying a game because it has good graphics.

Guess I have different standards... (I'll stop arguing.)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Seriously though.

Cranky Kong in Mario Kart. Why hasn't Nintendo thought of doing this yet? Why Funky Kong over him in Wii?

I can even see an opening cinematic with him and Mario going at one another while racing.

Why have you not given me this Nintendo?!

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Im glad Kirby is in Smash 4, as I expected. Most likely im still going to main him, but that doesnt mean that im not going to use any other character. I'm probably going to have basic knowledge of possible combos/ATS/and proper spacing of every character... like I do in both Melee and Brawl.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Confession #1: Roy is the only character I care about making it into Smash 4. If he doesn't get in I'll be a bit disappointed, yeah. However, I bought Brawl knowing that Roy isn't in it, so nothing is stopping me now. Also, I'm grateful that he's appearing in SMTxFE along with Lilina. I don't even know if I'm more hyped for SMTxFE or Smash 4... probably the former.

Confession #2: I'm probably one of the few people who would rather have everyone unlocked from the start. Please don't hate, but unlockable characters are like added fluff to me. Having to unlock veterans (especially the original 12) is going to feel more like a chore, making me less excited to unlock them unless they're revamped (I kinda felt like this in Brawl).

Confession #3: I had a crush on this boy who sat next to me in grade 6. I was too shy to befriend him.
I'd really like Roy to return as well. You aren't alone in that. When brawl came about though I was glad to see Ike at the very least. Plus the other characters of course ^^ [Sonic got me so hyped xD]

@Confession 3: I had a similar situation in my freshman year in highschool [gosh that feels so long ago]. There was a girl I liked but the whole year I never could speak to her because i'm a shy guy I got better somewhat over the years but :<

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
To play devils advocate for a sec. Part of the fun for Smash Bros is being able to play as your favorite Nintendo All-star. Some people may not pick characters based on play-style, but instead they may pick the characters because they have some sort of affinity for them, and/or maybe fans of that series.
Well, I understand that, but you can't please everyone.

The fact that Mewtwo was absent in Brawl didn't stop me from buying the game. Yes, I was disappointed, but complaining wouldn't get me anywhere.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I know this isnt going to happen... but I would kill for a DBZ character in Smash 4 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom