• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
If his opinion on Toad still stands today , chances are likely that he'll never be a fighter.
Of course if Toad's role and prominence in the Mario series increases prior to any future Smash games, his opinion will probably change. As of now, I don't believe Toad himself has ever been playable in a platformer, just Blue Toad and Yellow Toad.
I don't really mind Toad in the game. I just don't really see him in, unless they rework Peach's B. It wouldn't really make sense to have a character that is also used as an attack by another.....It's like saying "Oh we should have Waddle Dee, even though King Dex3 still throws them."

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I don't really mind Toad in the game. I just don't really see him in, unless they rework Peach's B. It wouldn't really make sense to have a character that is also used as an attack by another.....It's like saying "Oh we should have Waddle Dee, even though King Dex3 still throws them."
They can still change Peach's moveset, I just don't see him as fit or important enough to be a character in Sakurai's eyes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Bandana Dee is a character on his own though, wielding a spear and wearing a bandana. The Waddle Dee's that their King throws are just normal, common Waddle Dees.
The Toad in Peach's B is a different case though, since he looks like the original Toad.
Maybe if Toad got in he could look like he did in Super Mario Galaxy?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Games are still being developed and published at the moment, though that's for games being released within a certain time frame. The future is pretty dark at the moment.

I'd presume Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem is still being developed considering the company Intelligent Systems is still developing that game.
Unless Atlus manages to survive on their own somehow, I can see another company buying it.

Which company could acquire Atlus is a good question... Only time will tell.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
The Bandana Dee is a character on his own though, wielding a spear and wearing a bandana. The Waddle Dee's that their King throws are just normal, common Waddle Dees.
The Toad in Peach's B is a different case though, since he looks like the original Toad.
Or he could have that cool cloak the Spear Toads have in Paper Mario.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Unless Atlus manages to survive on their own somehow, I can see another company buying it.

Which company could acquire Atlus is a good question... Only time will tell.
Well Atlus has been releasing quite a few things on Nintendo Consoles. Plus that crossover Habanero mentioned. Maybe Nintendo? This is just wild theory however. They have stuff on other consoles too. [Obviously]

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd actually prefer Medusa over Palutena. Both characters were great in a game that was stuffed full of fun and memorable characters. Really, with how many good characters were in Kid Icarus Uprising, I honestly don't care who the second rep is as long as it gets one.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well Atlus has been releasing quite a few things on Nintendo Consoles. Plus that crossover Habanero mentioned. Maybe Nintendo? This is just wild theory however. They have stuff on other consoles too. [Obviously]
Does Atlus have a lot of games that don't get released in the West? If that's the case, then, being acquired by Nintendo would help those games being localized.

On the other hand, all Atlus games would become exclusive to Nintendo consoles.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Does Atlus have a lot of games that don't get released in the West? If that's the case, then, being acquired by Nintendo would help those games being localized.

They used to not get localized very often the early days of SMT mostly. Nowadays its a bit more.

Yeah that would be a possible downside for people.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace

Ehhhhhhh Bandanna Dee is not that really an iconic character in the franchise. Mostly he was in there as a side character in most of the Kirby games, and I know in one of them he is a boss that helps Kirby. There aren't really that many iconic characters in the game besides Kirby, Meta Knight, and King D3. Sakurai has also stated many times that he doesn't want to be biased towards his game and have many characters from the Kirby franchise in the game. I honestly doubt they are even considering him as a character.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well Super Smash Bros. Crusade has Peach & Toad as separate playable characters. Peach's standard B is the same in that game although she pulls out Toadsworth instead of Toad (this makes great sense especially that I don't see anyone wanting Toadsworth in a Smash game).

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well Super Smash Bros. Crusade has Peach & Toad as separate playable characters. Peach's standard B is the same in that game although she pulls out Toadsworth instead of Toad (this makes great sense especially that I don't see anyone wanting Toadsworth in a Smash game).
But it would be fun to spray him with Fludd and get that YADABLAHBLAHBLAH. Sound he made when you did.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ehhhhhhh Bandanna Dee is not that really an iconic character in the franchise. Mostly he was in there as a side character in most of the Kirby games, and I know in one of them he is a boss that helps Kirby. There aren't really that many iconic characters in the game besides Kirby, Meta Knight, and King D3. Sakurai has also stated many times that he doesn't want to be biased towards his game and have many characters from the Kirby franchise in the game. I honestly doubt they are even considering him as a character.
Of course that doesn't mean he won't include anymore characters from Kirby at all. If Mario was to get any more reps that are considered to be from the Mario series, they would likely expand the number of Kirby reps, but that also depends on the popularity of the character and what they can work with to make a good moveset. I believe Magolor and Bandana Dee are the most likely Newcomers Kirby could get in Smash 4.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
It would be wise for MS to make an attempt to buy a couple of Atlus properties in order to move some boxes in Japan and steal a bit of the competition's lunch stateside.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There are plenty of hardcore Sonic fans.

What the hell would any of the characters that AREN'T Sonic bring?
The fact that there's more to Sega than Sonic. Seriously, the first two Sega series that show up in PXZ are Virtua Fighter and Shining Force. I know there's some Space Channel 5 in there as well.

My guess is that Sonic, Classic Megaman, and Pacman were excluded was to focus more on the human characters (or more human in size) which is why X and Tron got in over Classic Megaman. A lot of the games referenced in this game are not well known so this might've been seen as an advertising opportunity when they decided to localize it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
LOL! Toadsworth as Peach's side-B. I want to see that in an official Smash game.
Even though Toadsworth is older, if Toad can somehow shoot out of bunch of spores (that is what he does to counter right...?) Toadsworth should be able to do the same.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
The fact that there's more to Sega than Sonic. Seriously, the first two Sega series that show up in PXZ are Virtua Fighter and Shining Force. I know there's some Space Channel 5 in there as well.
I was actually more disappointed at the lack of Streets of Rage and Golden Axe then Sonic

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Atlus......Platinum Games...They are both convenient studios on Nintendo's dinner table that they can take up ownership to increase their exclusive library selection.

I wonder if Nintendo is really going to watch people pass the Honey Glazed Fried Turkey across the table and not do anything.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't quite get as to why people would want Medusa considering she's very forgettable.
Honestly, her main appeal to me is her character design. :laugh: Palutena is more developed as a character but it's been a long time since Nintendo has had a female villain actually worth mentioning and, overall, villains are generally my favorite characters in things. Despite some of the characters in the game being somewhat shallow, I walked away liking almost all of them simply because of the back and forth banter between everyone.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
And now, the Official list of games I haven't played, forgot to mention and wish I could play them.

In no paticular order:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Yoshi series

Slender series (I know it isn't Nintendo.)

The first 2 Kirby's Dreamland games.

Also Xenoblade, but I didn't know about that game until I joined the boards.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, her main appeal to me is her character design. :laugh: Palutena is more developed as a character but it's been a long time since Nintendo has had a female villain actually worth mentioning and, overall, villains are generally my favorite characters in things. Despite some of the characters in the game being somewhat shallow, I walked away liking almost all of them simply because of the back and forth banter between everyone.
There was Captain Syrup. Except that she's not really a villain in Shake It! -_- I wonder if she's going to be a rival in a similar sense to how Shadow is to Sonic. Still kind of bad, but not entirely.

And yes, Medusa for Smash For. :awesome:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
And now, the Official list of games I haven't played, forgot to mention and wish I could play them.

In no paticular order:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Yoshi series

Slender series (I know it isn't Nintendo.)

The first 2 Kirby's Dreamland games.

Also Xenoblade, but I didn't know about that game until I joined the boards.
Sonic Mega Collection if you wanna get all the classic Sonic games in one go. Dreamcast, GC, PS2, GBA, DS Wii, 360/PS3 for the rest :p [and PC to an extent some ports]

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I agree with this.

Villains seem to be more of my favorite characters than the heroes.

Maybe it's because YOU, the person, are controlling the main character and the person you view as a character is usually the villain.

Since the villain is interacting with you, you view them more as a character, thus have more personality.

Besides, Medusa was a villain of 2 kid icaus games. Do people believe the only kid icarus that matters is the newest one?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't quite get as to why people would want Medusa considering she's very forgettable.
I guess it's the need for another villain which Brawl kinda lacked, as Bowser and Ganon were the only 2 true villains, Wario and Wolf being rivals, though this would be the first female villain Smash ever had if she made it in. However, Palutena's just more important and has a greater role than Medusa. At least Paluetna's been in every KI game.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I was playing the march if the minis and I was thinking that the mini Mario's mini dks and mini peaches would make for great assist trophies.... They could act like the Mach riders did in brawl but each type of mini hits a person differently for example the dks hit you up in the air the Mario's hit you back with hammers and peach with an umbrella

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I was playing the march if the minis and I was thinking that the mini Mario's mini dks and mini peaches would make for great assist trophies.... They could act like the Mach riders did in brawl but each type of mini hits a person differently for example the dks hit you up in the air the Mario's hit you back with hammers and peach with an umbrella
Sounds like a good idea, so long as the Mini's don't swarm the stage as much as the Mach Riders do.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
How else can I be of service this fine, summer afternoon?
I'd like a glass of iced green tea, shrimp cocktail for an appetizer, and a T-bone steak with extra grilled onions and a side of roasted broccoli. Preferably the steak being medium well, with just the right amount of pink in the center. Also, skipping dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom