• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
With Sakurai going crazy concerning the roster, maybe just maybe Andross with a body has a chance. I was very vocal about him preBrawl as one can see in that old thread, but Wolf ended up winning in the end.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Dear god. I'm actually starting to miss the Victini vs. Zoroark debates. How far we've spiraled into oblivion... I'm ashamed of myself.

At least they're not heated debates over what Link looks like.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Zoroark would still be kind of an interesting choice in my personal opinion, but of course such an opinion is taboo or something.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Zoroark would still be kind of an interesting choice in my personal opinion, but of course such an opinion is taboo or something.
Don't you know? On the internet, everyone who has a different opinion than yours is a troll and is wrong.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
How did those go? I wasn't around when they happened. I'm curious.
They were on the same tier of autism as the "Let's talk about Fire Emblem for 15 pages" and "Diddy Kong won't stop bringing up Impa" conversations. And yet, now that I've seen the other side, I somehow think that the "Zoroark vs. Victini debates" would be better than this. Grass is always greener, huh?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So I wondered now about Toad's chances and I just thought that if the whole thing about Melee's Dojo was true in Peach's Bio where Sakurai thought "Toad can't fight", is there any chance he'll still be in that stance despite Villager and Miss Fit showing anyone can be made into a fighter, not to mention Toad(s)'s increased showing in Mario-games?

Though there could still be that maybe he'd want Toad to stay as Peach's "bodyguard" and have Peach keep that particular trait in her moveset?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Meanwhile on GameFAQs, people complain about Sonic not being in Project X Zone.

That goes to prove the storm the Sonic fanboys may cause if Sonic doesn't return in SSB4.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm still mad at the absence of Sonic in Project X Zone.

I'm not getting the game

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
They were on the same tier of autism as the "Let's talk about Fire Emblem for 15 pages" and "Diddy Kong won't stop bringing up Impa" conversations. And yet, now that I've seen the other side, I somehow think that the "Zoroark vs. Victini debates" would be better than this. Grass is always greener, huh?
Oh I see. It sounds amusing to me, Fire Emblem is just one of my favorite series I can't help but bring it up every now and again. Maybe I should stop doing that in this thread though lol.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

That goes to prove the storm the Sonic fanboys may cause if Sonic doesn't return in SSB4.
Being the Sonic fan I am. I was disappointed but I was glad to see Sakura Wars and X & Zero among other favorites so I'm not going to pointlessly rage about it. Seriously people need to calm down

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I dunno man, I think Project X Zone seemed more like a game to service the hardcore fans of the companies represented in the game.

Besides what would have Sonic brought in, anyway...

*Still grumbles on Arle Nadja not being in the game*

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide

The worst they'll do is make angry fanfics with their OC blowing up the world or something.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno man, I think Project X Zone seemed more like a game to service the hardcore fans of the companies represented in the game.

Besides what would have Sonic brought in, anyway...

*Still grumbles on Arle Nadja not being in the game*
There are plenty of hardcore Sonic fans.

What the hell would any of the characters that AREN'T Sonic bring?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So I wondered now about Toad's chances and I just thought that if the whole thing about Melee's Dojo was true in Peach's Bio where Sakurai thought "Toad can't fight", is there any chance he'll still be in that stance despite Villager and Miss Fit showing anyone can be made into a fighter, not to mention Toad(s)'s increased showing in Mario-games?

Though there could still be that maybe he'd want Toad to stay as Peach's "bodyguard" and have Peach keep that particular trait in her moveset?
I'm sure Toad would be a fine fighter if they had enough content to work with to make a good moveset for him. They managed to come up with a moveset for the Ice Climbers with the litte content shown in their first (and sadly only) game.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Haha I don't understand why there is such a huge controversy over who is in or out. (Although my favorite character is in, so I don't really care...maybe that's why). I do feel people want to have characters in the game for the sake of having them, not really to play as them. For the people who want the Duck Hunt Dog.....would they actually play it?

I wish I understood why. Maybe for bragging rights, so when that random character was announced so they can say "TOLD YOU SO".

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm sure Toad would be a fine fighter if they had enough content to work with to make a good moveset for him. They managed to come up with a moveset for the Ice Climbers with the litte content shown in their first (and sadly only) game.

I know, but I'm just wondering would Sakurai's opinion on Toad still stand today? Or at least how he's meant to be portrayed.

Okay, I KNOW he has now contradicted himself way too much before when going to territories like this (Villie) but I'm still taking in the probability of the situation about Toad being shown as Peach's B-move again, killing his chances for rest of the series to come (probably.)

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Peach's downB can easily be changed as this is the next installment of the series, but I just don't see that a high possibility. However, Toad would make a great addition, but there are chances he could be an assist trophy, or in the background of Mario stage as well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know, but I'm just wondering would Sakurai's opinion on Toad still stand today? Or at least how he's meant to be portrayed.

Okay, I KNOW he has now contradicted himself way too much before when going to territories like this (Villie) but I'm still taking in the probability of the situation about Toad being shown as Peach's B-move again, killing his chances for rest of the series to come (probably.)

Well, I'm surprised he never noticed Wario's Woods at all. Or even the Cartoons at the very least.(although Toad doesn't have much beyond throwing vegetables and riding a bike...)

Honestly, just give that move for Peach to Toadsworth. Toad can easily be an unique fighter.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How come the playable Toad in the new Mario World isn't THE Toad. It's some blue Toad

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I like Sonic and it's disappointing that one of Sega's biggest icons isn't in Project X Zone, but at least, other Sega games get the spotlight instead.
Sega isn't just Sonic, unlike many people believe.

I think that, of the entire PXZ cast, the most recognizable characters come from Capcom's side, such as Ryu, Dante, X and Jill Valentine.

TIME FOR A CHANGE OF PACE!

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/atlus-parent-company-files-for-bankruptcy

Looks like the company Atlus might be in some deep trouble if the parent company is going to collapse.
Well, those aren't exactly good news... :ohwell:

Wonder what will happen to their games in development?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

If his opinion on Toad still stands today , chances are likely that he'll never be a fighter.
Of course if Toad's role and prominence in the Mario series increases prior to any future Smash games, his opinion will probably change. As of now, I don't believe Toad himself has ever been playable in a platformer, just Blue Toad and Yellow Toad.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, those aren't exactly good news... :ohwell:

Wonder what will happen to their games in development?
Games are still being developed and published at the moment, though that's for games being released within a certain time frame. The future is pretty dark at the moment.

I'd presume Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem is still being developed considering the company Intelligent Systems is still developing that game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How come the playable Toad in the new Mario World isn't THE Toad. It's some blue Toad

...Isn't that Toad's basic design from Super Mario Bros. 2 USA though?

I thought the cast was a big reference to it. You know, playing as the original 4 heroes. He was Blue in 2 USA after all. Hell, Super Paper Mario is similar, except Toad and Bowser are switched.(although I don't think THE Toad shows up at all in the Paper Mario series anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom