• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Ah sorry, I wasn't thinking about chars like Pika, DDD and Falco.

Nono, what I mean is a character who gets a regrab on MK from a release... and this character isn't generally know for CG-ing people in any way at all, let alone this way.

And I can't say I know of a Peach CG on MK. Peach generally has a bad MU against MK so i'd say it would've been brought up when talking about the two but eh I dunno I could be wrong.

But no i'm not thinking of Peach.

Want me to give it away? :awesome:
Btw, just realized that any character with a fast Dash or a long ranged grab can grab release Metaknight. Meaning that Metaknight and Samus can also grab release Metaknight, you can even do it with Link and Toon Link.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
For me is:

1. Dixie Kong (paired with Diddy)
2. Medusa
3. Bayonetta
4. Krystal
5. Sharla (gotta put a Xenoblade rep everywhere)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am disappointed in YouTube. Not one singe Falcon Punch video is findable with Master Hand attacking Tabuu. I may have to SynchTube to get it done. Cause it's awesome. :awesome:

On another note, should I be surprised people have put Quest 64 music hacks into Brawl?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Metal Overlord: I'll eventually try. If I can get it to work right. I'm still attempting to get Stan Bush's The Touch over a Quest 64 vid. But that one might actually require far more effort to get right. >_> You know, because of specific gameplay things. Like using "Power Staff" when the words "you've got the power!" is said. Mostly because it shoots up a huge red pillar.

Besides that, I can't wait to see what Falcon pulls out this time in Story mode or his Final Smash. Be honest, who didn't find his Falcon Punch against Giant R.O.B. awesome?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm breeding roses in Animal Crossing.

So far I finally have the purple roses I wanted, but I haven't gotten a single black rose
I have one black rose. It grew randomly among a bunch of red roses. I put it in front of the town hall. How do you breed flowers?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With Mega Man being playable and having just played Project X Zone Demo B, I now want this song on the game:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Is there a Tekken character who can do that move like Guile?
The closest one to that is Law with his flip kick. Otherwise, anything resembling a flash kick in Tekken is kept close to the ground.

Indeed. He has tons of different moves from Mario, including, as you said, the partners.

Also, Sticker Star has some similarities to Super Paper Mario, but it's a lot harder. It's actually still a very good game, but it does have its shortcomings. You can't defend anymore, and there is no traditional leveling up. You might as well avoid enemies as much as possible. You don't lose coins for running away, and the stickers are neat. You can also collect them all. It's a fun side variation of the originals, though.

@Bowserlick: Paper Mario has something neither the Doc or regular Mario has; A hammer.
IMO, Sticker Star was a boring, soulless game. You had no reason to actually fight enemies since you'd always lose stickers fighting them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
IMO, Sticker Star was a boring, soulless game. You had no reason to actually fight enemies since you'd always lose stickers fighting them.

Fair enough. Yeah, there were issues on that, concurred.

Oddly enough, I feel mostly the same way about Brawl. It just has a bit more, just a bit. Not so much in multi-player, but single player has its points. Captain Falcon really brings it in. Plus, seeing a nice reference to the Anime(after the Anime referenced the Falcon Punch, notably) was cool.

I just wish The Meaning of Truth could make its way into a Smash game. I think it had a video game appearance now? I heard it was in GX or GP Legend.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
I must admit, I have never been super keen on the whole "adding females because they are females" idea. Not that I have anything against women or anything and some of the females such as Palutena, Impa, and Dixie sound like good inclusions, but I'd really rather not Sakurai just start forcing a bunch of a certain type of character. I want characters to be included because they are important in Nintendo's history. I feel the same way about adding a ton of villains. Also let's just be honest here, if Krystal was a dude 90% of you probably wouldn't care about her at all. lol

psyniac_123

Smash Ace

The song sucks and I don't like how it had to go down the "animals = attractive females!" route for the most part but the video and costumes are entertaining enough.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@Bowserlick: Paper Mario has something neither the Doc or regular Mario has; A hammer.

Donkey Kong (arcade)
Donkey Kong (Game Boy)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Wrecking Crew
Wrecking Crew '98
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario Bros. 3

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Now that you mention that picture, I'm not as surprised as I was about the colorings during moves in Smash 4. Wasn't there an article laying around talking about Sakurai looking at hitbox info and the like from Street Fighter?
It might have been SF or MvC3. I think it might be SF though. He has mentioned MvC like 1 or 2 time in his interviews.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It might have been SF or MvC3. I think it might be SF though. He has mentioned MvC like 1 or 2 time in his interviews.
Specifically, it was SF4. He tweeted a pic of a guide that showed the hitboxes and he showed a page of Ken's attacks.

Thank God he wasn't using MvC3 as a hitbox reference.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Donkey Kong (arcade)
Donkey Kong (Game Boy)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Wrecking Crew
Wrecking Crew '98
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario Bros. 3

:facepalm: In Smash Bros. You know, what we're talking about here? None of those count for what I mean.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes Mega Man can preform the attack in Marvel vs. Capcom. You could also gain the ability to use a Shoryuken in the Mega Man X games too.
I remember finding the Shoryuken upgrade in Mega Man X2. The Hadouken was in the first Mega Man X game. I didn't think those games count since it is classic Mega Man, not Mega Man X. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if every Mega Man series gets some sort of influence, but the original series gets the most focus.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, that depends on whether Sakurai sticks with the classic series or also puts content from the other series.

Personally, I think it would be more fair to have content from the whole series when regarding music and trophies, at least.

After all, the Fire Emblem stage in Brawl had music from a wide array of Fire Emblem games, including ones where Ike or Marth aren't in. Same could happen for the Mega Man stage in SSB4.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I dunno, Kuma. AE unblockables are just as silly, and they usually have stupid hitboxes involved. Smash also has some DUMB hitboxes (Snake U-tilt, anyone?).

Smooth Criminal
I'm not saying SF4 is the holy grail of hitbox design. It's just that Marvel's are truly, truly, truly outrageous. SF4 is the lesser of two evils.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well, that depends on whether Sakurai sticks with the classic series or also puts content from the other series.

Personally, I think it would be more fair to have content from the whole series when regarding music and trophies, at least.

After all, the Fire Emblem stage in Brawl had music from a wide array of Fire Emblem games, including ones where Ike or Marth aren't in. Same could happen for the Mega Man stage in SSB4.
I agree with this all the way. Speaking of which. Megaman fans what music tracks do you want in for the Blue Bomber? I'm going to put a hopeful from both the classic and X series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom