• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not a big Palutena fan, but I think that would change if I played KIU. KI and Gyromite are the only series represented in Smash that I haven't at least dabbled in. I've played Kid Icarus the original once, as a kid forever ago, so I don't really count it. Oh, and I guess Metal Gear Solid.

Besides Smash, Pokemon, the fighting genre, Mario Kart, and a few stand out exceptions, I'm pretty uninterested in video games. Honestly, if Smash died, I probably would stop buying non-handheld Nintendo consoles. Gotta have my Pokemon. No. Exceptions.

Is there any generally liked characters that you've stopped voting for on polls? I used to always vote for Little Mac, and Palutena, but I kinda just stopped. I used to vote for Ridley despite not liking him, but this vision of a jumbo Firebrand in my head has made me a fan.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am not sure if five more females really have a chance to get in.

Although I think Rosalina could be a fun addition if she borrows moves and elements from Mario Galaxy. Shhoting Star Bits, riding a meteor she can walk around, throwing out a Luma for a grab, ect.

But unlikely.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Daisy doesn't have the thing that Krystal does; A fanbase that likes her because she's actually interesting. Daisy is not. Most of her hate comes from her voice. And having a pointless baby clone.

Then again, Waluigi trumped them both in popularity, but he's less annoying, and has a cool personality. But eh.

I'd still add Krystal. Pure Mario-wise, Toad first. Then Waluigi. To represent the RPG's, somebody from Paper Mario(including himself) works.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Daisy doesn't have the thing that Krystal does; A fanbase that likes her because she's actually interesting. Daisy is not. Most of her hate comes from her voice. And having a pointless baby clone.

Then again, Waluigi trumped them both in popularity, but he's less annoying, and has a cool personality. But eh.

I'd still add Krystal. Pure Mario-wise, Toad first. Then Waluigi. To represent the RPG's, somebody from Paper Mario(including himself) works.
Paper Mario has alot of moveset potential. Including moves from his various partners if need-be plus the music in the 3 games [I have yet to play sticker star but I don't like what I hear of it] is amazing

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai says that he adds characters that add something to the game that other characters do not add.

I'd say that Paper Mario could have a rotating special by having a partner tag along behind him.

For example, Down B could change the partner, which changes forward B and B.

Up B could be his folding airplane.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Paper Mario has alot of moveset potential. Including moves from his various partners if need-be plus the music in the 3 games [I have yet to play sticker star but I don't like what I hear of it] is amazing

That's why I just listen to the music on YouTube. :chuckle:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Indeed. He has tons of different moves from Mario, including, as you said, the partners.

Also, Sticker Star has some similarities to Super Paper Mario, but it's a lot harder. It's actually still a very good game, but it does have its shortcomings. You can't defend anymore, and there is no traditional leveling up. You might as well avoid enemies as much as possible. You don't lose coins for running away, and the stickers are neat. You can also collect them all. It's a fun side variation of the originals, though.

@Bowserlick: Paper Mario has something neither the Doc or regular Mario has; A hammer.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Indeed. He has tons of different moves from Mario, including, as you said, the partners.

Also, Sticker Star has some similarities to Super Paper Mario, but it's a lot harder. It's actually still a very good game, but it does have its shortcomings. You can't defend anymore, and there is no traditional leveling up. You might as well avoid enemies as much as possible. You don't lose coins for running away, and the stickers are neat. You can also collect them all. It's a fun side variation of the originals, though.

@Bowserlick: Paper Mario has something neither the Doc or regular Mario has; A hammer.
I see. Maybe I'll try it out afterall. But I have alot of prior priorities. Also if they really need stuff for Paper as well he does have many star spirit powers too. Peach Beam for Final Smash!

D

Deleted member

Hard to really think of many females I want to see. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Lip and Dixie Kong.
Is there any generally liked characters that you've stopped voting for on polls? I used to always vote for Little Mac, and Palutena, but I kinda just stopped. I used to vote for Ridley despite not liking him, but this vision of a jumbo Firebrand in my head has made me a fan.
Palutena. Used to be a supporter of her, but I now just expect her inclusion at this rate. Could be interesting, but I'm not sold on her. Used to think the same of Little Mac, but after what Sakurai has done with Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, I do have a lot more interest in his inclusion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I see. Maybe I'll try it out afterall. But I have alot of prior priorities. Also if they really need stuff for Paper as well he does have many star spirit powers too. Peach Beam for Final Smash!

Exactly. I get it's hard to think of unique moves for Dr. Mario, but Paper? Yeahhhhhh, no. He's had tons of stuff.

As for Doc, he still could get an unique moveset. But more priorities.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Are we still listing Top 5 females?

1. Dixie
2. Palutena
3. There are other females?
4. Mona
5. Ashley

Honestly, I've always felt like the other suggestions are just people trying to shoehorn in more females. Palutena and Dixie are two characters that can be referred to as Nintendo Allstars, which no other female characters yet to be placed in Smash can boast, to my knowledge.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Exactly. I get it's hard to think of unique moves for Dr. Mario, but Paper? Yeahhhhhh, no. He's had tons of stuff.

As for Doc, he still could get an unique moveset. But more priorities.
Doc could have his Metal Form from Dr. Mario 64!.. Oh wait Metal Box is an item WHOOPS. Could throw Yoshi cookies

I see someone knows their Starcraft. o:
I used to play it alot when I was younger. Not the biggest RTS guy but its the one I will always go back to. No where near pro level though haha. I just have fun. En Taro Adun!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone have a basket of apples they can give/ trade me?

I got an apple today from a villager but my game shut off...without saving.

I want apples in my town

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Top 5 females:

--Captain Syrup. (Wario Land)
--Micaiah. (FE: Radiant Dawn)
--Daisy. (Super Mario Land)
--Krystal. (Starfox Adventures)
--Dixie & Kiddy. (DKC3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!)

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Whoa there! As a seasoned MK player, I know how each item functions and the various defenses against them. It's easy to predict a Green Shell's path because of the course it takes. Even then, there are interactive stage elements, counter items, etc. But if you know how the Red Shell works, there are ways to guard against impact with one. Holding a Banana or Shell at the rear for defense and having another item in slot can make for smooth sailing for a good lap or even the whole match. A luck factor, IMO, is something that the player can't exploit or determine the factor of which usually happens unexpectedly. Like if the Red Shell didn't target me because of the aim it was thrown at or it hits a bump. As for knowing the tricks of the stage, that takes skill to exploit. It's overall knowledge of the game needed to use these skills.

The game still has random elements that highly effect the outcome (same reason why we don't use items in competitive Smash). The game also tries to balance the distance between the players. If you are ahead, your max speed decreases in order for the people behind you to catch up. Its hard to be totally competitive in this type of environment that you are placed in. I mean, if you can do it, then grats. I'm sure many matches you lost because you had crappy random items. Example: Being in second place with only Bananas.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Palutena, Dixie, Lip, and a Mii (customizable face) are the most likely female newcomers.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hrmmm, ringside table? The little ding ding bell for fighting matches... ANYTHING FROM THE PIPE SERIES OF FURNITURE?

Don't suppose you have a stag-beetle chair you'd want to part with? BD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hrmmm, ringside table? The little ding ding bell for fighting matches... ANYTHING FROM THE PIPE SERIES OF FURNITURE?

Don't suppose you have a stag-beetle chair you'd want to part with? BD
Do you need a coelacanth? I dunno if you can trade fish...

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Still grinding for 98,000 more bells. Gotta get that mansion, you know?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't, but it's not important. I think I already have your FC, so I'll send you mine. It's just three apples, is that okay?

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Female chars ?

Dixie Kong ( I'm so happy to see she has great chances with the new game)
Rosalina (A combination of style and the "new Mario character" talk)
Lyn(Really unlikely... but I have hope)
Impa(With Zelda in a slot)
Palutena ( Kid Icarus is amazing, so...)

Krystal is a bonus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom