• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love that Sakurai is implying cinematic trailers/reveals for everyone.

Games with huge playable rosters that do that always get me hype to see who the new person is/what they're like.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 was an excellent example of how well that type of hype works.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I love that Sakurai is implying cinematic trailers/reveals for everyone.

Games with a huge playable rosters that do that always get me hype to see who the new person is/what they're like.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 was an excellent example of how well that type of hype works.
I remember when Zero was announced for MvC3. I was so excited ^^.

Yeah I'd love to see trailers for everyone. It would be amazing and as you said it certainly looks like we are getting them.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Yeah I'd love to see trailers for everyone. It would be amazing and as you said it certainly looks like we are getting them.

Even smaller characters had bad ass moments because of the trailers for MvC3.

Remember that cinematic with Dr. Doom, Chun Li, Captain America, Trish, and Tron Bonne? Holy hell that got me hyped.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Even smaller characters had bad *** moments because of the trailers for MvC3.

Remember that cinematic with Dr. Doom, Chun Li, Captain America, Trish, and Tron Bonne? Holy hell that got me hyped.
Oh heck yeah I do remember that. Was really grand.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Even smaller characters had bad *** moments because of the trailers for MvC3.

Agreed. I absolutely lost it when Ammy was revealed. It's so much better to see the characters in action than in a few screenshots and a render.

FryBri

Smash Rookie

Do you think there is a cryptic FF message from today’s lame photo post on the Smash Bros. site?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wonder why. Mine works fine, won a match with Kirby immediately. :chuckle:
I'm guessing it is because this Grip Style controller you have is a 3rd Party Controller so they could make it compatible for Wii/WiiU
The official ones are a bit strict, you can only play the Pro controller with Wii U games.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That's just making me think of the madness of if Square Enix ever did get a rep. Two things would be insane.

1) The reaction from Geno supporters when it's anyone but Geno.
2) The insane possibilities for a Final Fantasy stage.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
That's just making me think of the madness of if Square Enix ever did get a rep. Two things would be insane.

if Square ever got a rep. I'd like to see Cecil, because FF4 is one of my favorite games ever. But the chances are like.. Less then 0 xD

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228

Like that short movie that came with Melee? Yeah, I'd waste my time just to watch it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Super Smash Flash 2 Mode Engaged!

Black Mage would be cool, too.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Black Mage would be who I'd want even over Geno and I'm a Geno supporter. I should probably remake my signature and put him in instead.

Basically I just want a magic user in Smash Brothers. It's why I head more down Zelda's way than Sheik's.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

It would be pretty ridiculous if SE got a rep and it wasn't Geno, to be fair.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
As much as I like Cecil. I would not be against Black Mage at all. Nor am I against Geno. I just don't see it as likely ^^;

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It would be pretty ridiculous if SE got a rep and it wasn't Geno, to be fair.

I do want Geno and I'd be a little pissed, but I can see it being someone from FF because of the nature of FF being an iconic gaming series that has appeared on Nintendo series.

Though yeah it would be a bit of a **** you in the direction of the fan want for Geno.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The need for a magic user is why I'm not only a silent Black Mage supporter but an Ashley supporter as well.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Hey, I was never a FF fan at all, and I decided to try it out with Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls (remakes of 1 and 2), and I completely dislike them. The random encounters are unbearable and it isn't engaging at all for me.

Do you guys have any recommendations of any FF game in particular? Because I doubt every game in the franchise is like that... right?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Hey, I was never a FF fan at all, and I decided to try it out with Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls (remakes of 1 and 2), and I completely dislike them. The random encounters are unbearable and it isn't engaging at all for me.

Do you guys have any recommendations of any FF game in particular? Because I doubt every game in the franchise is like that... right?
I'd recommend almost every game in the series due to my Final Fantasy bias [4 and 9 more so then the rest]. But if you don't like random encounters. Tough cookies I'm afraid. The stories do get much more engaging past 3 though.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I never was into FF either, although I wanted to but I didn't bother because it would take me quite a while to learn about everything. The FF MMORPG was successful, however I preferred World of Warcraft over FF as an MMORPG.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

4, 6, 7, and 10 in particular are some of the more popular ones. 8 and 9 are very much underrated. I don't know much about 5 other than it's the debut of Gilgamesh (now there's a FF rep for you). 11 and 14 are MMOs. 12 and 13 are very much different from the previous FFs, especially 13 which is much more linear. We don't know a whole lot about 15 beyond the trailers.

Do you think there is a cryptic FF message from today’s lame photo post on the Smash Bros. site?
Nazis confirmed.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
But isn't a FF/DQ rep as well? As long as they choose someone from the right installment/a generic broad FF/DQ race?
You are absolutely correct. I guess what I was trying to say is. It was a character they made together ^^ I worded it terribly. Sorry

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think because Geno is related to both Nintendo and SE. That is the reasoning I see anyways.
If that's the case, then it looks like neither SE or Nintendo give a damn about that notion.

Need I remind you there were multiple opportunities to include content from Super Mario RPG (Fortune Street, Mario Sports Mix, Mario Hoops: 3 on 3, etc) and yet that was skipped over in favor of Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy content?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
If that's the case, then it looks like neither SE or Nintendo give a damn about that notion.

Need I remind you there were multiple opportunities to include content from Super Mario RPG (Fortune Street, Mario Sports Mix, Mario Hoops: 3 on 3, etc) and yet that was skipped over in favor of Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy content?
Oh yeah.. How did I forget Fortune Street? Gah. I'm messing up all over the place this morning ^^;

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

The song on the Peach's Castle board was from SMRPG. Not much at all, but something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom