• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Something I noticed, if anyone cares.

You know how Find Mii and Find Mii 2 have hats for you to collect for your Miis on the 3DS, right? (inb4tf2reference)
There are multiple Nintendo series hats to collect, specifically a bunch of Mario related hats, a trio of Pikmin related hats, a trio of Zelda related hats, a pair of Metroid related hats, a Kirby hat, a pair of Star Fox related hats, a Donkey Kong hat, and.....a Barbara the Bat hat?
Kind of out there compared to the rest of the series, and it makes me wonder if Barbara is considered by Nintendo to be iconic.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
DK isn't on the level of Sonic nor is his series. Sorry. He is not on the Walk of Game. He is not considered as reconizable as Sonic. He is up there definitely but not as popular. Only Mario, Link, and Pikachu really on that level.
As a Sonic fan I disagree. Who was the Ape that got Nintendo on its road of success? Cranky Kong, Also known as DK back then. Sonic would not exist if Nintendo never made this classic with Cranky vs Jumpman that would lead them to make Super Mario Brothers

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also again, using Sackboy and Rachet are bad examples of characters considering it's pretty impossible ether will make it into Super Smash Bros. due to copyrights being held by Sony.
And if you want to play as them?

Go buy a PS3 and All Stars. Such a good game. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Something I noticed, if anyone cares.

You know how Find Mii and Find Mii 2 have hats for you to collect for your Miis on the 3DS, right? (inb4tf2reference)
There are multiple Nintendo series hats to collect, specifically a bunch of Mario related hats, a trio of Pikmin related hats, a trio of Zelda related hats, a pair of Metroid related hats, a Kirby hat, a pair of Star Fox related hats, a Donkey Kong hat, and.....a Barbara the Bat hat?
Kind of out there compared to the rest of the series, and it makes me wonder if Barbara is considered by Nintendo to be iconic.

Huh. Well, she did get a reference in Brawl, so maybe some of the selection was based upon that as is?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Think about this: Developing arguments against Volbound helps in the development of arguments against all the Miiverse and GameFAQs idiots as well.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I've actually tried Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale on the Playstation Vita at a Target one bored afternoon. It was alright, though I don't have a strong opinion on it considering I've only played one match. Played as Kratos, he's pretty cool.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I've actually tried Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale on the Playstation Vita at a Target one bored afternoon. It was alright, though I don't have a strong opinion on it considering I've only played one match. Played as Kratos, he's pretty cool.
I thought it was cool Jak & Daxter. And the dude from Medievil were there. But eh, It's not on my PS3 priorities

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Think about this: Developing arguments against Volbound helps in the development of arguments against all the Miiverse and GameFAQs idiots as well.
I laughed at this because it's terribly funny. Funny because it's true! :laugh:

Seriously, I fail to see Volbound's logic with Snake and putting Sony characters in Smash.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

The more you play it the more you realize it's just another failed attempt to mimic Smash and has third party problems out of the wazoo with characters making it into a game called All Stars that have no business being in it.

It's a shame really, because Sony does have some nice exclusive franchises.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
As you may have guessed, Volbound, no one shares your vision of Smash becoming an 'all-stars all video games' fighting game. Neither does Sakurai, I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate it either.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
The more you play it the more you realize it's just another failed attempt to mimic Smash and has third party problems out of the wazoo with characters making it into a game called All Stars that have no business being in it.

It's a shame really, because Sony does have some nice exclusive franchises.
I'd like to see The Legend of Dragoon make a comeback. ^^; but yeah Sony has alot of nice series to their name.

D

Deleted member

Huh. Well, she did get a reference in Brawl, so maybe some of the selection was based upon that as is?
I wonder....
-Her series (Jam With The Band/Daigasso! Band Brothers) currently has two games, neither of which had been released in America, and a 3rd game for 3DS is on it's way.

-She appears in Master of Illusion (which DID get released in America) as an owner of a magic shop.

-She appears in English Training: Have Fun Improving Your Skills! (which wasn't released in America for obvious reasons) as someone who helps teach English to non-English speakers.

-She was an Assist in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

-The 3DS features a hat based off of her you can obtain for your Mii.

If it weren't for Sakurai mentioning that there was no series since Pikmin that offered a viable fighter, I'd say Barbara would possibly be in SSB4 as a music-based and magic trick-based fighter.
Then again....Sakurai changed his mind on what he said about the Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer would definitely not fit in with his statement about characters that it wouldn't make sense to have as fighters....

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Filling Smash Bros up with loads of unrelated 3rd party characters is like filling up Mario Kart with every Nintendo character in existence. (Eg. Link, Pit, Samus, Kirby, Pikachu etc etc etc)

Yes Smash can have a few third party characters, that's okay, but Sakurai shouldn't go overboard with it to the point where the series will lose it's focus of what it was originally all about. A Nintendo All-Stars fighting game (or whatever genre Sakurai likes to call the series).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The lack of a freakin' Final Fantasy characters is Playstation All-Stars Battle, like, say, Cloud is just staggering.

I hate the character, but come on.

Note: I don't remember all the DLC, so I may be wrong as of this time. But the character should've been in from the start.

Yeah, Sony doesn't have many truly "specific" characters to the Playstation. Xbox has more.

@GY: While I don't think she has a giant chance of being playable in Smash, I have a fair feeling she'll at least stay as an Assist Trophy. And huh, I didn't know a lot of that. Nice.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wonder....
-Her series (Jam With The Band/Daigasso! Band Brothers) currently has two games, neither of which had been released in America, and a 3rd game for 3DS is on it's way.

-She appears in Master of Illusion (which DID get released in America) as an owner of a magic shop.

-She appears in English Training: Have Fun Improving Your Skills! (which wasn't released in America for obvious reasons) as someone who helps teach English to non-English speakers.

-She was an Assist in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

-The 3DS features a hat based off of her you can obtain for your Mii.

If it weren't for Sakurai mentioning that there was no series since Pikmin that offered a viable fighter, I'd say Barbara would possibly be in SSB4 as a music-based and magic trick-based fighter.
Then again....Sakurai changed his mind on what he said about the Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer would definitely not fit in with his statement about characters that it wouldn't make sense to have as fighters....
You're suggesting we may see Barbara as a playable character?
It's not entirely out of possibility... Huh, scratch that. Everything is possible now with Villager and Wii Fit Trainer getting in. (I mention the Villager, because Sakurai had dismissed the possibility of an AC character before.)

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
The lack of a freakin' Final Fantasy characters is Playstation All-Stars Battle, like, say, Cloud is just staggering.

Note: I don't remember all the DLC, so I may be wrong as of this time. But the character should've been in from the start.

Yeah, Sony doesn't have many truly "specific" characters to the Playstation. Xbox has more.
Speaking of Final Fantasy. not related to playstation all stars but Smash. If one was EVER considered [which I'm going to say I highly doubt] I'd think it would be Cecil because the guy has been on almost all Nintendo consoles maybe one of the old FF1 classes or something but I'd just thought i'd throw that out there.

Also I like Cloud in FF7 after his development but the various spinoffs put him back in brood mode haha

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think at times there was talks or discussions of Lightning from FF13 being in All Stars. Which makes sense considering they seemed to lean towards newer characters than classic characters in that game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Barbara getting in will give more teeth to the people advocating "more females in Smash",which I certainly do not want to see happening.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Isaac and Little Mac are the only AT playable characters I'd expect. Maybe Lyn to. Or at least, I'd hope...

Lol @ the thought of a Square rep. :laugh: :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

That seems to be kind of a two-pronged sword.

You don't want more females because then the idiotic "MOAR GURLZ" people will be on the rise, but at the same time, that also gives off the vibe that Smash shouldn't have more female characters.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Speaking of Final Fantasy. not related to playstation all stars but Smash. If one was EVER considered [which I'm going to say I highly doubt] I'd think it would be Cecil because the guy has been on almost all Nintendo consoles maybe one of the old FF1 classes or something but I'd just thought i'd throw that out there.

Also I like Cloud in FF7 after his development but the various spinoffs put him back in brood mode haha

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Anyone from the first 6 Final Fantasies, really... And Crystal Chronicles. Generic Races don't matter at this point. Or characters. *looks at Villager*

Never said my hatred was rational. I haven't been able to much play the game. But yes, the spin-offs make me facepalm since I've watched him in those.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
That is what is lost about this game. It should be an ALL-STAR game. I have always argued that from the start on here.

If I was in charge, it would become the BEST VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS all-time and not just be limited to Nintendo or at the very least include 3rd parties that frequently appear on Nintendo Systems... i.e. Megaman and Sonic.
Then you've come to the wrong place, friend. Also, irregardless is not a real word. The word you're looking for is "regardless."

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My problem with Square Enix is when people go towards Sora. I like Sora, but he's always seemed more of a Sony character. There's also the Disney implication and lord knows we'd have people going ''MICKEY MOUSE FOR SMASH!"

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Anyone from the first 6 Final Fantasies, really... And Crystal Chronicles. Generic Races don't matter at this point. Or characters. *looks at Villager*

Never said my hatred was rational. I haven't been able to much play the game. But yes, the spin-offs make me facepalm since I've watched him in those.
True on both counts.

Fair enough on the hatred haha.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That seems to be kind of a two-pronged sword.

You don't want more females because then the idiotic "MOAR GURLZ" people will be on the rise, but at the same time, that also gives off the vibe that Smash shouldn't have more female characters.
As long as they pick ones that would make logical sense in a Super Smash Bros. game, then it's alright. In other words, not just simply adding chicks just for the sake of chicks, but rather them having notable characteristics or roles to warrant an inclusion. For example, Palutena.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
My problem with Square Enix is when people go towards Sora. I like Sora, but he's always seemed more of a Sony character. There's also the Disney implication and lord knows we'd have people going ''MICKEY MOUSE FOR SMASH!"
If Disney owns Star Wars now can I start the Luke Skywalker speculation? -gets held at gunpoint- Was it something I said? xD

D

Deleted member

So Barbara the Bat would be fine, right?
-Represents own series
-Unique fighting style
-Somewhat promoted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom