• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey guys, a bit off topic from what we are talking about now, but I'm updating and trying to reboot the Vaati thread. Does anybody have any good arguments against him?

Other than there being much bigger Zelda characters to rep the franchise(like Tingle), I can't think of any.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Hey guys, a bit off topic from what we are talking about now, but I'm updating and trying to reboot the Vaati thread. Does anybody have any good arguments against him?
This thread has such a thing as off topic? And why am I just now discovering this thread? It seems pretty legit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If you mean why he shouldn't be in Smash, let's just say there's many different other Zelda characters that could qualify compared to him, not to mention he hasn't been around much lately, but what do I know? I don't want to get into Zelda related debates for various reasons.
Villain-wise, Ganon (via Zelda 3DS version) and Ghirahim or Demise via Skyward (they do have that Skyloft stage too after all) seem more recent than Vaati if anything.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This thread has such a thing as off topic? And why am I just now discovering this thread? It seems pretty legit.

He means off-topic from the current one.

It's possibly to be fully off-topic in this thread, as a Mod(or two) have told us to get back on it before, so...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If not Vaati I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Minish Cap stage. But that's probably not going to happen despite that Sakurai wants to make handheld games based stages for the 3DS version and all. Ah well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If not Vaati I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Minish Cap stage. But that's probably not going to happen despite that Sakurai wants to make handheld games based stages for the 3DS version and all. Ah well.

Well it did just get re-released on the 3DS' VC, so it's not entirely possible. But there's only so many games he can reference. I wouldn't mind 3 Zelda courses. We already have the Spirit Train. One based around OOT or that era would work.(Termina Bay being returned?) Minis Cap and Four Swords series never had a stage, and they could be on either version, as they're both Handheld and Console.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Fire Emblem games look cartoony compared to games like Call of Duty, Doom, Metal Gear Solid, etc.

Snake opens the door to a more Mature themed game. Granted Sakurai did a good job changing him to fit the series so I liked Snake as a character but I always did feel like he was an oddball.
Are you implying that cartoons can't be taken seriously?

Yeah having female characters adds to the the roster variety to some degree, but when people want to include female characters and say "Smash needs more female fighters" as their sole reasoning I can't get behind this.
What next? We need more blacks! lets get Doc Louis and Anthony Higgs? Need more hispanics/indians, etc...
Its a Nintendo All-star game not a virtual U.N meeting people.
Oddly enough, this reminds me how I didn't grow up with that many Hispanic characters in TV shows outside of stereotypes that I really couldn't relate to.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well it did just get re-released on the 3DS' VC, so it's not entirely possible. But there's only so many games he can reference. I wouldn't mind 3 Zelda courses. We already have the Spirit Train. One based around OOT or that era would work.(Termina Bay being returned?) Minis Cap and Four Swords series never had a stage, and they could be on either version, as they're both Handheld and Console.

I suppose so, I think zelda could do with three or four stages, I mean Mario had like 5 stages in Brawl didn't it? It wouldn't be overkill, especially if the handheld and console versions are seperate. Minish Woods or Mount Crenel would make for some interesting stages, or maybe Hyrule Town as well?

It would be nice to see a stage based on that game imo. Perhaps Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass and the Oracles could also potentially get a stage? :/

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I suppose so, I think zelda could do with three or four stages, I mean Mario had like 5 stages in Brawl didn't it? It wouldn't be overkill, especially if the handheld and console versions are seperate. Minish Woods or Mount Crenel would make for some interesting stages, or maybe Hyrule Town as well?

Any could work. I'm not too picky myself. I loved the game itself, and despite being super linear in direction(not that there isn't side quest stuff, or at least it has a lot of it), it had some really neat courses. And apparently the most well-loved Water Dungeon of all. Temple of Droplets could also be fun to rep.

To be fair, there was one course for each pure Mario character. One new course for Yoshi and Wario. One for Diddy and DK. And the last Mario course was R.O.B.'s. The Zelda series had two courses... which is kind of silly. To note, I'm going by Franchise symbols for the purpose of saying this.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Speaking of stages, I do wonder since we see a Fire Emblem Awakening stage on the 3DS if this means we are getting one from one of the Famicom, Super Famicom, GC or Wii FE's for the Wii U version? Maybe I'm just too hopeful for more FE xD

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Any could work. I'm not too picky myself. I loved the game itself, and despite being super linear in direction(not that there isn't side quest stuff, or at least it has a lot of it), it had some really neat courses. And apparently the most well-loved Water Dungeon of all. Temple of Droplets could also be fun to rep.

To be fair, there was one course for each pure Mario character. One new course for Yoshi and Wario. One for Diddy and DK. And the last Mario course was R.O.B.'s. The Zelda series had two courses... which is kind of silly. To note, I'm going by Franchise symbols for the purpose of saying this.

Yeah I suppose so.

Besides characters and any new features the games have to offer, I'm also looking forward to what new stages we may get in the game. ^^

Speaking of stages, I do wonder since we see a Fire Emblem Awakening stage on the 3DS if this means we are getting one from one of the Famicom, Super Famicom, GC or Wii FE's for the Wii U version? Maybe I'm just too hopeful for more FE xD
I'm very certain we will get a new Fire Emblem stage for the Wii U version. :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah I suppose so.

Besides characters and any new features the games have to offer, I'm also looking forward to what new stages we may get in the game. ^^

So am I.

I'm guessing we'll get a WarioWare stage on the 3DS and if we're lucky a Wario Land/World stage on the Wii U.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm very certain we will get a new Fire Emblem stage for the Wii U version. :)
Unfortunately I doubt it'll be based on Genealogy the Holy War or Thracia 776. It'll probably be.. Hmm the Crimean Courtyard or Riven Bridge. Maybe Serenes Forest? From the Tellius ones [which I wouldn't mind. I'd just like to see Jugdral get something this time]

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So am I.

I'm guessing we'll get a WarioWare stage on the 3DS and if we're lucky a Wario Land/World stage on the Wii U.

Well I'm pretty sure will be getting a Wario Ware stage for both versions and since we got Wario Land the Shake dimension and I think also a Wario Land game for the DS I think we are likely to at least get a Wario Land stage for the Wii U version.

Unfortunately I doubt it'll be based on Genealogy the Holy War or Thracia 776. It'll probably be.. Hmm the Crimean Courtyard or Riven Bridge. Maybe Serenes Forest? From the Tellius ones [which I wouldn't mind. I'd just like to see Jugdral get something this time]
Well I don't know which Fire Emblem game was the latest on the Wii and all. But I'm fairly certain we will get a Fire Emblem stage for the Wii U version though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well I'm pretty sure will be getting a Wario Ware stage for both versions and since we got Wario Land the Shake dimension and I think also a Wario Land game for the DS I think we are likely to at least get a Wario Land stage for the Wii U version.

I'll take one of each for each. Or maybe keep WarioWare as a past course only. >_> Fun course, but is horrid in single player stuff. Mini-games aren't usually horrible, but being Invincible because you won was bad design for anything but multi player/casual play. When anything's on the line, that type of stuff is no good. :mad:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'll take one of each for each. Or maybe keep WarioWare as a past course only. >_> Fun course, but is horrid in single player stuff. Mini-games aren't usually horrible, but being Invincible because you won was bad design for anything but multi player/casual play. When anything's on the line, that type of stuff is no good. :mad:

Well I guess that was pretty much the whole point of that stage. Just a casual madness stage. I hope we get something a bit more peaceful though for a Wario Ware stage. (lol peaceful and Wario Ware in the same sentence.) Maybe Diamond City? :/

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oddly enough, this reminds me how I didn't grow up with that many Hispanic characters in TV shows outside of stereotypes that I really couldn't relate to.
Same. I don't even think I can recall a non-stereotypical Hispanic character. The only Hispanic character I can think of when I was growing up was Speedy Gonzales.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I hope the two Jugdral games get representation in SSB4. At least have music tracks and trophies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well I guess that was pretty much the whole point of that stage. Just a casual madness stage. I hope we get something a bit more peaceful though for a Wario Ware stage. (lol peaceful and Wario Ware in the same sentence.) Maybe Diamond City? :/

Nah, I'd have been fine if you could only become Giant. It would be annoying, but not complete and utter bullcrap. And yeah, that could work.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Nah, I'd have been fine if you could only become Giant. It would be annoying, but not complete and utter bullcrap. And yeah, that could work.
Now the new warioware stage chucks blueshells at the people who fail the microgames! Have fun! Who cares if Blue Shells aren't related to Wario Ware? Wouldn't that be grand!? :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Mario Kart 8 stage with anti grav, blue shells, squid ink and lightning bolts.

Sounds fun doesn't it? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom