• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
I haven't been here in a while, been trying to transfer my Wii Data to my Wii U so I can brawl with people, now I'm successfully done and happy.

It seems like the official site revealed that Mega man will be in the 3ds version..also heard that there will be no exclusive characters in SSB4, maybe it's true or not, I don't know where I remember where I got it from. I think you guys already discussed this topic, sorry to bring it up again if you did.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Yeah, I'm gonna move away from the Zelda talk if that's cool with everybody

I wonder what the new DKC game (which I can't wait for) could mean for Dixie Kong in terms of new abilities and whatnot

The new enemies BTW are looking better than dem Tiki's in DKCR IMO
Yeah, when we start talking about crossdressing gay orgie that's when it's time to leave.

I still do hope K. Rool will be in some way or another.

D

Deleted member

So far, she's been shown to be able to rise upward with her ponytail, which IIRC, hasn't been done so far in the series. (Again IIRC, it was mainly used to slow descent not unlike Diddy's jetpack post-Returns)
That's new at least.

And yes, Vikings > Tikis.

Now if only we got a Vi-King K. Rool....

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah Yoshi

The characters between the two versions will be the same (as IMO, they should be)

Some characters may be in danger of being cut tho

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sage of Shadow, nursemaid and bodyguard of Zelda (OoT) & Goddess Hylia's own personal warrior, Zelda and Link's instructor who protects Zelda in battle (SS) > Map salesman who charges ridiculous prices in Wind Waker (his most important role yet).

D

Deleted member

No, his most important role is having his own games.
Something hermaphrodite twig ***** hasn't done yet.

END OF DISCUSSION.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah, when we start talking about crossdressing gay orgie that's when it's time to leave.

I still do hope K. Rool will be in some way or another.
Lol yes exactly :laugh:

It's possible that K. Rool is in Tropical Freeze as like a final boss or something, maybe? Viking K. Rool? People have been asking about him for the longest so I can't imagine the devs would ignore all that and not put him in, or at least recognize people's concerns

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok Golden, by that logic, Toad should make it before Waluigi ;)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I haven't been here in a while, been trying to transfer my Wii Data to my Wii U so I can brawl with people, now I'm successfully done and happy.

It seems like the official site revealed that Mega man will be in the 3ds version..also heard that there will be no exclusive characters in SSB4, maybe it's true or not, I don't know where I remember where I got it from. I think you guys already discussed this topic, sorry to bring it up again if you did.
Yes, the roster is the same between version as Sakurai stated in this article.

On the Zelda discussion, the "crossdressing gay orgie" reasoning to not include a character is as valid as the "character being female" reasoning is to add a character.

When discussing character's chances we have to consider popularity and Sakurai's criteria when adding characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And stars in his own three games. Yeah, that beats Impa right out since that makes him an overall Main Character and a reoccuring prominent character in the regular Zelda games. Impa has nothing on him. Also, for the Oracle games, she only appears in Ages regularly via Veran's control. She's absent in Seasons outside of the Linked games. So I'd count her having 3 in-game appearances that are not cameos or in the manuals. That's... way less than Tingle, respectively.

@Scatman: I can't really quote inside quotes. Regardless, spin-offs or not, they're still him as a starring role as a main character. And yeah, he opens up major things with the Kinstone stuff as well in Minish Cap. His two biggest roles in the normal Zelda games are WW and MC at this time. Notably, his brethren exist in both.

And yeah, Vaati kind of beats out Impa on the main character route, since she never was one. Ghirahim's on her level, being a secondary villain to a secondary character.

@Diddy: Toad should make it in before Waluigi.(although he technically did since he's in Melee gameplay-wise)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here. I feel like Toad and Impa are pretty much in the same boat. I support both as Mario and Zelda newcomers.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For those saying Tingle is gay, watch the 100% ending of Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland:

Skip to around 1:05.

I remember this being posted in the Tingle support thread.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Just gonna jump in here and ask a random question... Is there any sort of resource that plainly outlines all of the key differences between the physics of Brawl and Melee? I'm doing a bit of research and this would help me greatly.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Sorry Hex, I don't know of anywhere where you could find what you're looking for

Tingle always reminded me of Myoga the Flea from Inuyasha for some reason

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Supposedly the first Tingle game was critically acclaimed everywhere it actually came out. It makes me regret voting against it coming to North America simply because I hated Tingle at the time.

I think some people might've been annoyed at the gambling and sexism shown instead of just hating him.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
We're talking about Tingle?

All for Tingle here. And he's not gay. He's just... wierd.

As in very wierd. Like hey, remember Magypsies from Mother 3? Are they considered gay? I guess not.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, in a way, yes xD

Fun Fact: Despite this, I've seen a lot of people very against removing his WW portrayal and Rupee greedery if the game were to be made different. Lowering prices, less maps, yes. But removing it all? Lots of backlash.

Funny how Wario's my favorite character in the Mario Universe... and Cranky's my favorite from the DK Universe. I blame the Cartoon.

D

Deleted member

It's as someone said, "Kooloo-Limpah" will never be the same again.

....that, and Tingle's a pimp, going on nights on the town with many girlfriends.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Fun Fact: Despite this, I've seen a lot of people very against removing his WW portrayal and Rupee greedery if the game were to be made different. Lowering prices, less maps, yes. But removing it all? Lots of backlash.

Funny how Wario's my favorite character in the Mario Universe... and Cranky's my favorite from the DK Universe. I blame the Cartoon.
Cranky is actually my favorite, too, but that's mostly because I'm a sucker for older characters in almost everything haha

Luigi is my favorite Mario character though... and yeah, I can kinda understand why they'd like to keep his personality intact in the remake

WW has always been my favorite Zelda game (besides Majora's Mask of course), but I've only played like 3 of them

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Cranky is actually my favorite, too, but that's mostly because I'm a sucker for older characters in almost everything haha
His snark helps.

Luigi is my favorite Mario character though... and yeah, I can kinda understand why they'd like to keep his personality intact in the remake
I don't have a direct favorite Mario character myself. Lots to choose from. To clarify, I mean one that isn't a Wario or Yoshi character. (nor DK, obviously) I do like Bowser and Bowser Jr. a lot.

WW has always been my favorite Zelda game (besides Majora's Mask of course), but I've only played like 3 of them

Same, except MM ties with LA for me. I admit, I really love the hell out of MC too. Fun game.

@Young Horsetail: Actually, his console appearances are him as a greedy wannabe fairy who generally is forced to be used to do well in MM and to beat WW. So it's some of each. I can understand the hatred, but he's still a very unique character for Zelda. It also helps that he's the second male "Fairy" we know of. Adult Link can turn into one in Zelda II after all.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think we can all agree that the 3 characters with the biggest chances are Tingle, Impa, and Vaati.
Is everyone ok with this?

I'd have to disagree. And no, not because Ghirahim. But because I don't want to pretend I know what I'm talking about when speaking about who is likely.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I almost want Tingle to be a new rep for his own series/Zelda just to see how fricking bizarre Sakurai could be with his moveset.

Zelda's Jar Jar be damned. Let's do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom