• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I want something LIKE Peach's Castle. With the little thing sliding under the stage. It's so weird nothing like that ever came back, I always liked how unique it was.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why, yes. Reminds me of the 3DS Battlefield.
Took me a bit to remember the joke behind that one.

Rafiki better be an unlockable character, and now I'm remembering our little Disney Fighter roster.

1. Mickey - All Around
2. Donald - Rushdown
3. Goofy - Defensive, play it safe, with hilarious mixups
4. Pete - Grappler
5. Pinocchio - Pokes
6. Bambi (Child) - Setups and Mobility
7. Simba - Opportunistic rushdown, sort of a playing with food until the moment strikes for high risk, high rewards attacks.
8. Mulan - Parry-based moveset (think Anji)
9. Aladdin - Toolbox (think Link) with aerial mobility options
10. Beast - Powerhouse with mobility mode (think bears in Tekken)
11. Peter Pan - Aerial oriented with pressure
12. Woody - Zoner

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm not so fond of New Pork City in Brawl (except for the Ultimate Chimera, that thing is awesome), but I love the place in Mother 3, and I like His Highness' Theme. Maybe if we were to get Empire Pork Building as a new stage, that'd be a concept with a lot of potential. And Magicant is of course an amazing idea.

Also we need Onett to return, one of my favorite stages!
New Pork City has fantastic atmosphere but absolutely terrible design from a gameplay perspective. It could easily be made into a great stage by cutting down the size and reworking the overall design.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Whatever, I DON'T want New Pork City. (-_-)
Oh my goodness yes. That stage is an abomination coming off Fourside.
I hope Sakurai doesn't stick to his dumb specific series returning stages thing that he did in Brawl. I guess this time it'd be the ones that were in Melee... which means The Summit, Castle Siege, and... Flat Zone 2 as well as stages from the original 10 series.

Or maybe if he does stick to that dumb rule, he'll actually use past stages from all three games. Wouldn't that be nice. :rolleyes:
Doubt it though.
If returning stages come back, it will be from Brawl exclusively. I don't think every series (coughNewPorkCitycough) will see a returning stage, but I do believe the more popular stages will return:

Mario - Delfino Plaza
Yoshi - Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong - 75m
Legend of Zelda - Bridge of Eldin
Metroid - Norfair
Kirby - The Halberd
Pokémon - Pokémon Stadium 2
F-Zero - Port Town: Aero Dive
Fire Emblem - Castle Siege
Star Fox - Lylat Cruise
Kid Icarus - Skyworld
Pictochat - Pictochat

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think the big thing with New Pork City is that they need to try to make the stage actually interact with the city. The only things from the city in Brawl you could interact with were the Chimera and the limo. Otherwise, New Pork City was just in the background. I would've preferred something more Onett or Fourside like.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
New Pork City wasn't large enough. We need a larger stage with much more random terrain and a **** ton of hazards.

How do I put this... just imagine SmashChu's dream stage, and you'll get a rough idea on how it would look like.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only thing I disliked with New Pork City wasn't the design itself. I actually like that stage, gameplay-wise.

My problems with that stage are:
- the camera: why doesn't it zoom like it does in every other stage? Even Temple has the camera close up when characters are near.
- Classic Mode. Team Ness or Lucas on Intense difficulty. Good luck trying to not run out of time.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If returning stages come back, it will be from Brawl exclusively.
Has it been confirmed they'd only be from Brawl, or did Sakurai just say it would be tricky to bring back Brawl stages? I mean, of course the chance of 64/Melee stages are pretty low (pretty damn low), but have they actually been ruled out? I really don't know, I haven't been paying attention much today. :p

I don't think every series (coughNewPorkCitycough) will see a returning stage, but I do believe the more popular stages will return:

Mario - Delfino Plaza
Yoshi - Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong - 75m
Legend of Zelda - Bridge of Eldin
Metroid - Norfair
Kirby - The Halberd
Pokémon - Pokémon Stadium 2
F-Zero - Port Town: Aero Dive
Fire Emblem - Castle Siege
Star Fox - Lylat Cruise
Kid Icarus - Skyworld
Pictochat - Pictochat
Well yeah, then he wouldn't stick to that pattern, which I hope as well. Though I don't know if Sakurai would include all those major series but omit Mother, unless he really cares that no one liked NPC. The past stages in Melee were pretty random, hopefully the SSB4 ones will be as well (though random popular - not just random random).

And if we get Pokemon Stadium 3 this time, I personally hope Spear Pillar comes back instead, even though that stage pissed me off countless times. :laugh:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Killing in New Pork City was nigh impossible due the crazy layout with big empty space up to the screen.

So hoping we don't get stages like that anymore.

Anyway guys, to commemorate Mega's debut in SSB-series, I'm gonna start a MegaMarathon. (Playing all Classic Megamans I can get).

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
New Pork City wasn't large enough. We need a larger stages with much more random terrain and a **** ton of hazards.

How do I put this... just imagine SmashChu's dream stage, and you'll get a rough idea on how it would look like.

This but obviously allowing people to fall or walk off?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The only good thing about that stage was the music.
I was actually disappointed with most of the tracks. Sure, some arrangements were great like the Snowman theme, but others just fell flat. They didn't have that same charm that Onett and Fourside had with their songs. Even more disappointing is how little Earthbound/Mother 2 tracks there were. If there aren't any legal issues with the music than there is very little excuses why so many good tracks were ignored. Case and point:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Spear Pillar... ugh... I would have been somewhat okay with it if it wasn't for the control reversals...

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Really? I had more of the problem with the hollow middle part more than anything. I think the gimmicks are pretty crazy/fun, I'd honestly give the stage a try competitively with my pals if it was just the upper platform.

There would be salt at first, but I think we'd be able to get past it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Has it been confirmed they'd only be from Brawl, or did Sakurai just say it would be tricky to bring back Brawl stages? I mean, of course the chance of 64/Melee stages are pretty low (pretty damn low), but have they actually been ruled out? I really don't know, I haven't been paying attention much today. :p
Given what he has said and how he has handled them in the past, it's a safe bet it will be Brawl only. Now, I do think you'll probably see some stages like Sector Z and Pirate Ship reimagined due to their respective games.

Well yeah, then he wouldn't stick to that pattern, which I hope as well. Though I don't know if Sakurai would include all those major series but omit Mother, unless he really cares that no one liked NPC. The past stages in Melee were pretty random, hopefully the SSB4 ones will be as well (though random popular - not just random random).
Sakurai did not bring back Infinite Glacier and Flat Zone, and many fans, myself included, really really hated those stages. I can see him dropping New Pork City in favor of a new large stage (probably from Xenoblade) and a new Mother stage (Saturn Valley).

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Really? I had more of the problem with the hollow middle part more than anything. I think the gimmicks are pretty crazy/fun, I'd honestly give the stage a try competitively with my pals if it was just the upper platform.

There would be salt at first, but I think we'd be able to get past it.

Commenting just to say I love your user name. That is all.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't care what anyone says this is the best "song" in Brawl.
I don't know about you guys, but I get pumped listening to this!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was actually disappointed with most of the tracks. Sure, some arrangements were great like the Snowman theme, but others just fell flat. They didn't have that same charm that Onett and Fourside had with their songs. Even more disappointing is how little Earthbound/Mother 2 tracks there were. If there aren't any legal issues with the music than there is very little excuses why so many good tracks were ignored. Case and point:
Nah, I think Onett and Fourside had much better music in general. I still want the music from the MOTHER 1 soundtrack in Smash 4. I've been wanting this particular song in Smash since I first heard it eight years ago:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Nah, I think Onett and Fourside had much better music in general. I still want the music from the MOTHER 1 soundtrack in Smash 4. I've been wanting this particular song in Smash since I first heard it eight years ago:
Technically speaking, we already have a rendition of this song in Super Smash Bros.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
New Pork City wasn't large enough. We need a larger stage with much more random terrain and a **** ton of hazards.

Forgive me wanting stages to be unique rather than having every stage be carbon copies of Final Destination and Battlefield.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm not so fond of New Pork City in Brawl (except for the Ultimate Chimera, that thing is awesome), but I love the place in Mother 3, and I like His Highness' Theme. Maybe if we were to get Empire Pork Building as a new stage, that'd be a concept with a lot of potential. And Magicant is of course an amazing idea.

Also we need Onett to return, one of my favorite stages!
It would be nice if only the Ultimate Chimera came back as an Assist Trophy. We don't need New Pork City.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This a My Music set for Gerudo Valley, assuming the feature returns and there are more Zelda stages in SSB3DS other than the ones shown already:

The Legend of Zelda Main Theme (New remix)
Gerudo Valley (Ocarina of Time)
Gerudo Pirates' Fortress (Majora's Mask)
Hidden Village (Twilight Princess)
Lanayru Desert (Skyward Sword)
Ganondorf's Theme (Zelda series)

I think all songs would fit in the stage. If this feature is in the 3DS version, I don't think stages will feature as many songs as some Brawl stages had. Then again, memory is not an issue on the 3DS version... in that case, I would throw those as well:

Ocarina of Time Medley (Brawl)
Lanayru Sand Sea (Skyward Sword)
Boss Theme (Ocarina of Time)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Technically speaking, we already have a rendition of this song in Super Smash Bros.
I know, but I'd like the vocal renditions to appear. Pollyanna and Eight Melodies are two of my favorites.

Forgive me wanting stages to be unique rather than having every stage be carbon copies of Final Destination and Battlefield.
We just don't like it when the stage kills us for no apparent reason other than being at the wrong place at the wrong time with no way to control anything. In the Backroom, I made the suggestion to include controllable hazards like those in Injustice (which is tourney standard btw) along with breakable floors and walls by throwing the opponent into them. Would you be okay with this?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I know, but I'd like the vocal renditions to appear. Pollyanna and Eight Melodies are two of my favorites.

We just don't like it when the stage kills us for no apparent reason other than being at the wrong place at the wrong time with no way to control anything. In the Backroom, I made the suggestion to include controllable hazards like those in Injustice (which is tourney standard btw) along with breakable floors and walls by throwing the opponent into them. Would you be okay with this?

IN PSAS we had the power to turn them on or off if we wanted, it was intense but honestly just ended with everyone turning them of even though some were honestly good for play.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
IN PSAS we had the power to turn them on or off if we wanted, it was intense but honestly just ended with everyone turning them of even though some were honestly good for play.
There's definitely that option too. I was thinking that a mix of Tekken and Injustice's stage designs wouldn't be such a bad idea.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Forgive me if you want to have every stage to be carbon copies of New Pork City on crack, instead of having stages that would actually be fair.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
There's definitely that option too. I was thinking that a mix of Tekken and Injustice's stage designs wouldn't be such a bad idea.

It's a cool idea, but you know the items on/off discussion? It makes you have to do it twice, and even for some being on some off. it's a major pain ruleset thinking.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Aren't all Tekken stages virtually the same though? Or are you talking about aesthetically?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Speaking of stages.... I wish there is a new Donkey Kong Country stage with a Barrel Cannon. There's a reason I prefer Kongo Jungle (Smash 64) and Kongo Jungle (Melee) over Jungle Japes (Melee) and Rumble Falls (Brawl).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This a My Music set for Gerudo Valley, assuming the feature returns and there are more Zelda stages in SSB3DS other than the ones shown already:

The Legend of Zelda Main Theme (New remix)
Gerudo Valley (Ocarina of Time)
Gerudo Pirates' Fortress (Majora's Mask)
Hidden Village (Twilight Princess)
Lanayru Desert (Skyward Sword)
Ganondorf's Theme (Zelda series)

I think all songs would fit in the stage. If this feature is in the 3DS version, I don't think stages will feature as many songs as some Brawl stages had. Then again, memory is not an issue on the 3DS version... in that case, I would throw those as well:

Ocarina of Time Medley (Brawl)
Lanayru Sand Sea (Skyward Sword)
Boss Theme (Ocarina of Time)
Ooh, now we're talking. Here are my guesses:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Gerudo Valley
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Mini-Boss
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Final Battle Against Ganon
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Ganondorf Battle
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Gerudo's Pirate Fortress
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Stone Tower Temple
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Majora's Wrath
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Tarm Ruins
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Gerudo Desert

Even though I'm pretty sure Skyward Sword tracks won't appear, this would still be excellent to hear:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Lanayru Sand Sea

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think we should have stages with no platforms, just projectiles and hazards.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Rafiki better be an unlockable character, and now I'm remembering our little Disney Fighter roster.
NO GASTON?!?
I only build suspension bridges. They are much better than cobblestone
You don't even need tresses when building with Rearden Metal.

Stages? I would like to see Grima's back. I never understood why he didn't just roll over, it'd be the new Brinstar Depths. :troll:
Sometimes, you just gotta put dat team on yo back doe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom