• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Gimme an Endless Ocean stage Sakurai, PLEASE. PLEEEEEAAAASEEEEE I BEG OF YOU

Dat HD oceany goodness
Not sure if Endless Ocean is an Nintendo IP, but it'd be a good opportunity to put in Steel Diver and Radar Mission music tracks.
Beating the snot out of eachother to Prayer and One World would also be funny.

So....

Beat a new game and that means I get a new avatar.

He's a pretty good looking fellow, isn't he? Get's a lot of ladies! They love playing with him in his tower!

So....Anyone wanna guess the game I just beat?
Super Mario RPG?

D

Deleted member

Gimme an Endless Ocean stage Sakurai, PLEASE. PLEEEEEAAAASEEEEE I BEG OF YOU

Dat HD oceany goodness
I've always liked the idea of having an underwater stage. I was thinking a stage from Starfy would do, but I like this as well.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was about to say "why not combine Endless Ocean and Steel Diver into one stage, kind of like how the Balloon Fight fish is in the Ice Climber stage," but then I figured submarines firing missiles at beautiful innocent fish would kind of ruin the whole peaceful and relaxing vibe.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I was about to say "why not combine Endless Ocean and Steel Diver into one stage, kind of like how the Balloon Fight fish is in the Ice Climber stage," but then I figured submarines firing missiles at beautiful innocent fish would kind of ruin the whole peaceful and relaxing vibe.
We could just have the Yellow Submarine drive by in the background. [Oh no not the return of the Earthbound copyright issues!]

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I now have a saw shark, whale shark, hammerhead shark, and a shark in my house

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
More like Nook's a jerk for making me choose between either making my house look cool, or making my house bigger. I WANT TO EXPAND IT AS FAST AS POSSIBLE, BUT I ALSO CAN'T PASS UP THE DECORATIONS HE SELLS SINCE THERE'S NO CATALOGUE, AND I CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE FOR THAT DAY.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Random thought.

But as I was playing Brawl earlier and thinking about how faithful they were to Mega Man and his NES looks and movements. What would you guys think if they changed Sonic to match his early days on the Genesis or is it best to keep his modern appearance in his case?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Random thought.

But as I was playing Brawl earlier and thinking about how faithful they were to Mega Man and his NES looks and movements. What would you guys think if they changed Sonic to match his early days on the Genesis or is it best to keep his modern appearance in his case?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Random thought.

I personally think he just needs some move changes. But if they wanted to try to make his speed and damage momentum based, I'd be up for it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I personally think he just needs some move changes. But if they wanted to try to make his speed and damage momentum based, I'd be up for it.

He definitely needs some move changes going back to him after all the hype and being away from him for a while I can definitely see how he feels a little stale and sort of samey. I just don't want them pulling into much from the gimmicky games with the werehog/sword, etc to change him up. There has to be a better way.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
He definitely needs some move changes going back to him after all the hype and being away from him for a while I can definitely see how he feels a little stale and sort of samey. I just don't want them pulling into much from the gimmicky games with the werehog/sword, etc to change him up. There has to be a better way.
He could use the elemental shield abilities as B moves maybe? Like the Fire Shield dash for a Side Special. The Sonic Adventure 2 Bounce Bracelet could be a down B.. But that would remove his iconic Spindash. :/ curses.

In Heroes and Rush [as a Boss] he could make Tornados.. But I doubt that would be done.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Or they could just base his moveset off of Sonic Battle instead of Sonic the Fighters this time around.

Like they should've to begin with.

Maybe add in a few elements from SA2, Heroes and the Boost games, but yeah.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Or they could just base his moveset off of Sonic Battle instead of Sonic the Fighters this time around.

Like they should've to begin with.

Maybe add in a few elements from SA2, Heroes and the Boost games, but yeah.
The Sonic Eagle from Battle would be amazing to have in Smash. It would be a great meteor smash. I agree, they should have taken more from Battle. Although I will admit it was charming to see the Fighters moves.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I do like the idea of combining Battle, SA2, and maybe some stuff from Heroes.

I don't know depending on how far developed he is and how far in advance they knew about Lost World is it possible they could pull elements from that game?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I do like the idea of combining Battle, SA2, and maybe some stuff from Heroes.

I don't know depending on how far developed he is and how far in advance they knew about Lost World is it possible they could pull elements from that game?
His semi-new parkour stuff? I have a hard time thinking how to use that in smash. Hmm.. Maybe a wisp power from colors/colours could work as a move.. [Those are returning in Lost World after all]

Alzi

Smash Master
Since smash 4 is going to be coming out, I was shown by a friend this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BS520SG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00BS520SG&linkCode=as2&tag=nintendoeverything-20
Now lets face it, everyone wants to use the gamecube controller for the next smash as the controller is just perfect. Do you people see this as being a legal thing in future tournaments regarding smash 4? (obviously the turbo aspect of it won't be allowed, but I mean in terms of the adapter itself). I only ask this since the wii u does not support the gamecube controller at all. Also in terms of connectivity how would this be do you think in a room full of these?

I personally hope Nintendo release one of these adapters mainly for legibility and reliability reasons, although from reviews this thing seems to do the job fine. Also based on the website design for smash bros 4 I have estimated that the character list will be between 42-49 (might seem odd that I am basing it off purely how the site is designed but it is legit reasoning).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The Sonic Eagle from Battle would be amazing to have in Smash. It would be a great meteor smash. I agree, they should have taken more from Battle. Although I will admit it was charming to see the Fighters moves.
I've always loved Sonic Eagle. I'd like to see Updraft and Flare as well. Sonic Drive would also work depending on how they do it, or Sonic Wave. Either one could be his Side-B so he can keep Spin Dash as his Down-B. Or it could be the Advance games' somersault like P:M did recently.

But even his 3 hit combo and dash attack could benefit from using Battle's 3 hit attack and Sonic Windmill.

...If anyone hasn't noticed, I'm part of the rare species that absolutely loves Sonic Battle. XD

Speaking of which, anyone else here ever play that one japanese fan-game, Sonic Battle Lost Ending Neo? The one with a weird title but awesome fighting system?

Shame 3.0 with Chaos never got released, though. >>

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I've always loved Sonic Eagle. I'd like to see Updraft and Flare as well. Sonic Drive would also work depending on how they do it, or Sonic Wave. Either one could be his Side-B so he can keep Spin Dash as his Down-B. Or it could be the Advance games' somersault like P:M did recently.

But even his 3 hit combo and dash attack could benefit from using Battle's 3 hit attack and Sonic Windmill.

...If anyone hasn't noticed, I'm part of the rare species that absolutely loves Sonic Battle. XD

Speaking of which, anyone else here ever play that one japanese fan-game, Sonic Battle Lost Ending Neo? The one with a weird title but awesome fighting system?

Shame 3.0 with Chaos never got released, though. >>
I haven't played Sonic Battle Lost Ending Neo. But being the huge sonic fan I am. I have heard of it. Also I really like your ideas for a Sonic moveset by the way, seeing as I enjoyed battle. I always overthink it and want as many Sonic games as possible in his moveset ^^; greedy I know. I remember when I saw he was in Brawl and thought "Is his recovery going to be Chaos Control?" Then I saw the spring and just sighed and went duuuuh. I'd just like one shout out to Sonic 3 & K. Well I guess his neutral A in mid-air is KIND of the insta shield.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I love Sonic Battle! There're so many great things Smash could take from it. But this is reminding me of how great Chaos would be, and I don't think his chances are all that high.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I love Sonic Battle! There're so many great things Smash could take from it. But this is reminding me of how great Chaos would be, and I don't think his chances are all that high.
As cool as Chaos is. I think Tails or Knuckles would be first priority if Sonic got any pals along for the ride ^^;.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
That's unfortunately the case. But just think of the unique playstyle he'd bring! He'd be absolutely the slowest, heaviest character. But his range and power would be incredible.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Since smash 4 is going to be coming out, I was shown by a friend this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...S520SG&linkCode=as2&tag=nintendoeverything-20

Now lets face it, everyone wants to use the gamecube controller for the next smash as the controller is just perfect. Do you people see this as being a legal thing in future tournaments regarding smash 4? (obviously the turbo aspect of it won't be allowed, but I mean in terms of the adapter itself). I only ask this since the wii u does not support the gamecube controller at all. Also in terms of connectivity how would this be do you think in a room full of these?

I personally hope Nintendo release one of these adapters mainly for legibility and reliability reasons, although from reviews this thing seems to do the job fine. Also based on the website design for smash bros 4 I have estimated that the character list will be between 42-49 (might seem odd that I am basing it off purely how the site is designed but it is legit reasoning).
I'm just going to quote myself to answer how I feel in regards to controllers. XD

Classic Controller Pro.

Basic Custom Controls:
x & a = Jump
y = Special
b = Standard Attacks
L & R = Grab
ZL & ZR = Shield

Easier to use and hold than the WIi U Pro Controller and easier to press the buttons with than the Gamecube Controller. Lighter than both too and even seems to respond more quickly for me no matter where I go to use it.

I've been long since prepared for Smash 4 and haven't even thought about going back to a Gamecube controller since I bought this baby a year ago. Not even in P:M. ¦3

Who needs old Gamecube controllers anymore?
So yeah, I can take or leave the Gamecube Controller, honestly.

I haven't played Sonic Battle Lost Ending Neo. But being the huge sonic fan I am. I have heard of it. Also I really like your ideas for a Sonic moveset by the way, seeing as I enjoyed battle. I always overthink it and want as many Sonic games as possible in his moveset ^^; greedy I know. I remember when I saw he was in Brawl and thought "Is his recovery going to be Chaos Control?" Then I saw the spring and just sighed and went duuuuh. I'd just like one shout out to Sonic 3 & K. Well I guess his neutral A in mid-air is KIND of the insta shield.
Thanks! Since I used to make Brawl PSAs on occasion, I've always thought a lot about what could be done with Sonic's moveset. I even made one in particular that's "kind of" called "Sonic the Hedgehog: Full Throttle" where the whole basis was using Sonic's full potential and speed with absolute control over everything he could do. It kinda put him at Meta-Knight status because of all he could do, and it's a little dated so it could use some re-polishing, but 3800 downloads tells me that everyone felt it achieved what it needed to do. Plus, it wasn't at all hard to beat either. XD

If you feel like checking it out, look here. :3

http://smashboards.com/threads/psa-character-submission-topic-v2.247073/page-14#post-10752494

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=9426

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
That's unfortunately the case. But just think of the unique playstyle he'd bring! He'd be absolutely the slowest, heaviest character. But his range and power would be incredible.
Yeah that sounds pretty spot on, and his Final Smash would be Perfect Chaos from SA1 of course.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'd rather see what Sakurai could do with Robotnik/Eggman to be honest.
Realistically, I don't see a second Sonic character being in Smash. However, if one was, it'd have to be someone well known but very different from Sonic (Eggman), or someone rather similar to Sonic but distinct enough to shine on their own without looking like a carbon copy of him both in their designs, their character structure, and their abilities. Both being fast is fine, but the second could be slightly slower and have a lot more to bring to the table. Honestly, while Tails, Knuckles and even Shadow might be able to fit those slots, I don't see them bringing as much new to the table to make them unique enough because of their history and how people today tend to label them. In addition to that, adding another female character to the roster would help, but I don't see people being excited over Amy or Rouge too much.

If anything, if it's a character that fits all of those tropes and is well respected as one of the cast, and even as a female character, I'd have to say Blaze is the only character I'd see working aside from Eggman in Smash. Tails and Knux remaining in the background and Shadow remaining an Assist Trophy.

On the other hand, Sakurai made comments a couple years ago stating he'd like to see Tails in Smash 4, along with Raiden from MGS. So who knows? ¦D

D

Deleted member

What? Were we talking about movesets for Sonic?

Side B should be the Speed Boost from the newer games, notably Generations. It worked real well there. I'd add some sort of run gimmick to Sonic that builds up a "Boost Meter" which can let him use a Speed Boost both on the ground and mid-air, giving it solid killing power, but also making it a useful recovery move. Kinda like the Run Feature in SMB3, except it degenerates much slower.

His Dair should be more like PM, as should his Homing Attack.

Down B should be Spindash, and it should be a mix of the two in Brawl and PM.

And his Fair should be a Meteor Smash like in PM.

As for his UpB, the Spring is fine, but with MegaMan having the same ability with Rush Coil, how about UpB is now the LightSpeed Dash, as a sort of Cross between Pika's Quick Attack and Fox's Fire Fox.

Everything else, just make him like PM, and Sonic is now a Solid and Interesting Character.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
I still think I'm going to use the GameCube controller for my Smash, I can adapt quickly but I love this controller. I will transfer to the pro controller when I know the adapter is illegal, but hey, you never know, Nintendo may make an official GameCube controller adapter (Since they may be making GameCube games DLC) so it couldn't be banned or illegal in smash tournaments then so I'm gonna just stick with my adapter for now.

Also Sonic should have his wind kick (Seen in Sonic Lost world) for a Air Side B attack.

I would doubt it, but they could add Dark Sonic in some way...Idk.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That new controller looks cool. Wish it was official. Am still hoping for something official. How did Brawl play with a Classic Controller? Never used one. Is it close to the NGC controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom