• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Two Links being important.

He also said no to Villager and Miis. So, yeah, he could change his mind.

I agree with you Star, I was thinking the EXACT same thing earlier today while looking at the website. Marth, Yoshi, and Ness maybe?

(Animal Crossing isn't a violent game; they wouldn't put him in!)
You can't blame people, Sakurai pretty much said that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
@Two Links being important.

He also said no to Villager and Miis. So, yeah, he could change his mind.

I agree with you Star, I was thinking the EXACT same thing earlier today while looking at the website. Marth, Yoshi, and Ness maybe?

You can't blame people, Sakurai pretty much said that.
I was going to track down that image and post it whenever someone says anything about Sakurai never going against his word.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Don't forget guys, the three newcomers will likely also come with three veterans as well based upon the way the website is laid out. If that happens I expect another "large" trailer. Still going with Yoshi, Marth and Sonic the Hedgehog.

But that wouldn't complete the square on the main page. Newcomers take up three spaces, effectively requiring two veterans to be in the same row as them. If we are to add three newcomers two newcomers would not fit, I think we'd need five veterans.

I mean, yeah that'd fill up the six slots on the second row we have, but then the main page isn't perfect. :c Perhaps that obsession is getting my priorities mixed up here. :laugh:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I know I should have left by now, but I just realized something sad. Sakurai pretty much tore apart Smashchu's five part character dissertation. Poor guy, wait until he gets back...

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I'm going to try to see tomorrow if I can get my hand on a Wii-U, preferably a Deluxe. Definitely want to be part of the Miiverse community.
i'm AntwonGodefroy if you wanna friend me

I am going to be doing two big things; a spiritual successor to Wiseguy's prediction thread and a re-run of Rate Their Chance, which I will start working on once Pac-Man (bleh, but at least Mega Man is in), Little Mac (don't care for, but he deserves in Smash) and Mii (actually kind of cool) gets confirmed. One thing is for certain, competitions is fixing to get really, really intense and I will summarize my thoughts on the recent days so I can screw back my mind.
cool

I'll have to agree. It's good on it's own right, but it just can't compare to what Melee and Brawl offered. Still though, Mega Man's inclusion has me super pumped for this game.
agree 100 percent

Nope, but I will say I'm more than relieved to see Mega Man in the next Smash. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about him like a lot.
while I somewhat expected him, it was still surprising

Now that is a Snake-like reaction; a sucker punch no one expected. Will be curious to see what happens here.
surprise to amusement to anger to disheartening, while snake I believe caused emotion, he didn't cause as much emotion of different kinds

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
But that wouldn't complete the square on the main page. Newcomers take up three spaces, effectively requiring two veterans to be in the same row as them. If we are to add three newcomers, I think we'd need five veterans.
Villager - Mario+DK
Megaman - Link+Samus
WFT - Kirby+Fox
Little Mac - Pikachu+Bowser
Pacman - Pit+Yoshi
Mii - Marth+Sonic

See?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Villager - Mario+DK
Megaman - Link+Samus
WFT - Kirby+Fox
Pacman - Pit+Yoshi
Mii - Marth+Sonic

See?

Embarrass

Well that's embarrassing.

Edit: As for who they are, Yoshi, Peach, and since there is only one spot left after that, perhaps Ice Climbers.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ohhh thanks for the vid dude, that helps so much.

SAKURAI'S GOING TO BE AROUND MIIVERSE!!! :D

This is so exciting. Good to see you too SSB fan! :D How's your megaman thread doing now hey? =D

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh I hope Sakurai "Yeah!"s my posts and comments on them. :awesome:

Judging from how it sent everyone flying I'm guessing the flame move will be MM's FS.

It's actually his Down Smash, and it's (tentatively) ridiculously powerful, potentially speaking.

I HATE YOU NINJAS! YOU NINJAS ALWAYS DO THIS TO ME!

D

Deleted member

I know I should have left by now, but I just realized something sad. Sakurai pretty much tore apart Smashchu's five part character dissertation. Poor guy, wait until he gets back...
SmashChu is especially going to be shocked when he finds out that there are two new third-parties (assuming the leak is true) and that Pac-Man, a character he completely dismissed, is in the game.

He will not be amused, that's for certain.
Villager - Mario+DK
Megaman - Link+Samus
WFT - Kirby+Fox
Pacman - Pit+Yoshi
Mii - Marth+Sonic

See?
I'd swap Yoshi and Sonic's spot. I think it'd would make sense for Pac-Man and Sonic to go closely together given that they're well... third-parties.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, am I the only one who's happy Sakurai pooped on all the stupid "Smash speculation logic/reasoning" bull****? I mean, I'm happy to see more people realize it was just a bunch of nonsense.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, am I the only one who's happy Sakurai pooped on all the stupid "Smash speculation logic/reasoning" bull****? I mean, I'm happy to see more people realize it was just a bunch of nonsense.
Nope, never been so wrong... And yet so happy.

SmashChu is especially going to be shocked when he finds out that there are two new third-parties (assuming the leak is true) and that Pac-Man, a character he completely dismissed, is in the game.
I said all along I believed Sonic would be shown off from the very start if third parties were included in the game again. If this comes to fruition, he'll come back to Megaman, Pacman and a returning Sonic the Hedgehog.

Zorua4Ever

Smash Rookie
What I wonder is why Sakurai didn't show Captain Falcom, Yoshi, and yes... Jigglypuff. I know they will be confirmed eventually but why didn't he just go ahead and show them?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wait, I'm a little lost. What did Sakurai crap over when it comes to speculation?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Jiggly's being redesigned with her new fairy moves ;) that's why. Also, I don't think Snake is returning. I'll add him to my cut list.

Nope, never been so wrong... And yet so happy.
It just opens most's eyes to the fact that character inclusion is a pretty level playing field, based on EXACTLY what Sakurai's criteria is. No more, no less.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yoshi's absence is the most shocking. Considering we got Pit and Bowser... Mostly Bowser.

Regardless, he's pretty safe, but it is kinda odd.

D

Deleted member

It certainly has thrown the kitchen sink on my expectations for the game and how I think about characters. Before E3, I had expected Ridley, Palutena, Takamaru and Little Mac to all show up at E3 with Mega Man as the most likely third-party reveal (who I was much less confident on). Funny how the only character that I actually guessed right on was a third-party (and really, I couldn't have been happier that it was Mega Man I was right on).

I know that after E3 is over, my prediction roster will be seeing significant changes.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

No, I am too. I've lately made it a point to try and remind people that Sakurai is Sakurai, and that people are being really silly with the prediction and the probability stuff etc. (when I first made this account I was all serious business though), even if they were doing it smartly and that it does have some weight. I participated for the Toise thing, but ultimately only added a few in based on trends and just did what I wanted with the rest because, like the expression you used before that is quite nice, the roster is not going to be cookie cutter SWF style, so might as well put my own spin on it and just see what happens.

At any rate, a character representing the Wii Fit series isn't all that nonsensical I guess. But in part, it might comfort those who like unconventional or "unlikely" characters because Sakurai might just go ahead and roll with it because he sees that he can do something fun with it!

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
What I wonder is why Sakurai didn't show Captain Falcom, Yoshi, and yes... Jigglypuff. I know they will be confirmed eventually but why didn't he just go ahead and show them?
Playing devil's advocat, CF series is on life support, while a KI game is still fresh, and while pokemon is big, so is Mario, and bowser is way more useful to show off veteran changes and character graphic changes then jigglypuff (especially when kirby is around)

dk covers the mario spin-off series (plus he show off the wii u better with dat sexy fur he has)

Zorua4Ever

Smash Rookie
1} That does make sense about the Jigglypuff thing... and yeah I know he is safe but if Yoshi got cut my friend would freak out and die O-o
2} I forgot that falcon is being redesigned for new moves since they said no clones
3} I hope they put in Bowser Jr/Shadow mario and I hope they dont put in Birdo O-O

D

Deleted member

Jiggly's being redesigned with her new fairy moves ;) that's why. Also, I don't think Snake is returning. I'll add him to my cut list.
At this rate, I feel as Snake is gone. The style Smash is taking REALLY doesn't favor Snake in the slightest. Compare Brawl's relatively realistic graphics to the considerably more cartoony style Smash 4 has and it's not hard to see why Sakurai changed his mind on an Animal Crossing rep. It's just so hard seeing Snake fitting in a more cartoony style, especially when he already suffers from disjointed hitbox with graphics that are more realistic.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Smaschu's roster analysis thread and conventional wisdom.

Man I need to sleep.
You mean the Villager? Sorry if I'm acting dense, all 3 newcomers and the possible characters from the rumor are a mixed thing for me.

Also go to sleep if you need it. I know I sure did a few pages back.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
At this rate, I feel as Snake is gone. The style Smash is taking REALLY doesn't favor Snake in the slightest. Compare Brawl's relatively realistic graphics to the considerably more cartoony style Smash 4 has and it's not hard to see why Sakurai changed his mind on an Animal Crossing rep. It's just so hard seeing Snake fitting in a more cartoony style, especially when he already suffers from disjointed hitbox with graphics that are more realistic.
Anything is possible with Smash man...Even slightly cartoony Snake.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
One thought that's been burning in my mind for a little while now:

The soundtrack. How in the hell can SSB3DS and SSBU top Brawl's music selection? It may have been a little...lackluster in certain departments, but Brawl had some sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet tunes. Nobody can deny that. Motoi Sakuraba, Koji Kondo, Nobuo Uematsu...just to name a few.

WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom