• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Who's staying up til midnight (PDT) to check the Super Smash Bros site? Just for good ol' times sake.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...folks.

If we get a new character or two revealed tomorrow.

What time would it be?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No can do. I got work in the morning. Good night, everybody.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I'm gonna be gone most of tomorrow, so I'll be late on the hype fest if we get more news.
I'll be on for a while more though.

I have a feeling we'll get Chrom announced soon.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Who's staying up til midnight (PDT) to check the Super Smash Bros site? Just for good ol' times sake.
I sleep like three hours a night anyway, I'll be there. ;)

So...folks.

What time would it be?
Nintendo's schedule is almost as hard to predict as Sakurai. Your guess is as good as mine.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So...folks.

What time would it be?
There's no way of telling when that will be. Nintendo will be doing so much during their last day of E3 it could be at any time. I wouldn't wait all day for it but it will come if and when it does.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
The 3 characters I keep looking at on the dojo are DK, Fox, and Link.

They all look so great (the fur, the bad***sery, the sillyness)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I literally got back from a maths exam to hear Megaman, WFT and villager confirmed.

THIS IS SO EXCITING GUYS!!!! IS THERE ANYONE ELSE I'VE MISSED!?!?

I was gonna ask whether anyone had noticed (new) SV's double platform but that was obvious in the other video. Also I like Fox's pose design this time around especially. Also wondering hw Megaman will function - is he meant to be like kirby or Samus/ZSS or some other system? There seems to be wayyy too many special moves for the one moveset!

And are there new moves confirmed? Like a new type of attack?

Oh guys i'm so hyped!!! I know i'm late to the party but... fill me in, please!!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I literally got back from a maths exam to hear Megaman, WFT and villager confirmed.

I was gonna ask whether anyone had noticed (new) SV's double platform but that was obvious in the other video. Also I like Fox's pose design this time around especially. Also wondering hw Megaman will function - is he meant to be like kirby or Samus/ZSS or some other system? There seems to be wayyy too many special moves for the one moveset!

Oh guys i'm so hyped!!! I know i'm late to the party but... fill me in, please!!
Luco!!!

As for Megaman, he functions pretty much like we all expected him too. Robot Master abilities for Smash/Tilt/Aerials.

New moves? Pit got some Kid Icarus: Uprising weapons and Bowser is revamped... Completely.

What have you missed? A credible rumor stating that Little Mac, Mii and Pacman have yet to be shown off at E3.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude

The PGD (thanks to Red) has everything you need to know in case you must know and don't wanna wait.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For me that would probably be until 3am given time zone differences. Not sure if I can do it, I'm pretty out of it due to waking up early. My body isn't ready... :laugh:

Nice to see ya posting in something Smash 4 related again Luco.

@Iblis: And not to sound like a jerk for only saying Hi to Luco: Nice to see you posting again as well. Sorry if I was a little late on the greeting.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Luco!!!

As for Megaman, he functions pretty much like we all expected him too. Robot Master abilities for Smash/Tilt/Aerials.

New moves? Pit got some Kid Icarus: Uprising weapons and Bowser is revamped... Completely.

What have you missed? A credible rumor stating that Little Mac, Mii and Pacman have yet to be shown off at E3.
Star!!! <3

@Megaman stuff: Haha yep yep, okie I see how that works. Some of his moves look surprisingly retro, I wonder if that will affect his hitboxes at all?

@Pit stuff: Ahh yes I saw in the original trailer!! I wonder whether they'll be using his customizable options or whether it would be too much of a bother?

@Bowser stuff: OH MY GOODNESS THAT'S INSANE! I've always loved Bowser but maaaaan he looks so awesome in this! LOOK AT THAT REALISTIC REPTILIAN SKIN! I wonder whether his viability will rise in this game?? OH MY GOODNESS THE SHELL HAS SO MUCH SHAPE AND IT LOOKS SO INSANELY CRAZILY AWESOME!! And his face looks uber cute in a weird way. :p

@New rumours: :OOOOOOOO

I wonder how that will all work!?!? I can't wait for their trailers - oh wowwwww!

Thanks Star!!! :D :D :D

The PGD (thanks to Red) has everything you need to know in case you must know and don't wanna wait.
Auto!! :D :D

Okidokie, i'll check it out soon, thanks auto!! <3

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm surprised no one else has talked about this.

Am I the only one who thinks that the new boxing ring confirms Little Mac?

I mean, it looks pretty similar to the Title Defense ring from Punch Out!! Wii.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

Actually I thought this from the very beginning.

Of course so much of it is smash logo'd that I could be convinced against it but i'm not sure, seeing as they've been showing it in the original trailer without L.M.

But who knows? :o

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

No, because it isn't punch out themed.

But if the rumor is true, Little Mac is confirmed anyway

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The ring has been mentioned, some view it as doing the exact opposite of confirming.

Deconfirming. :awesome:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No, because it isn't punch out themed.

But if the rumor is true, Little Mac is confirmed anyway
The smash logo has appeared on stages before.

Besides...

Start observing around :19.

It looks eerily similar to the new stage.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Star!!! <3

@Megaman stuff: Haha yep yep, okie I see how that works. Some of his moves look surprisingly retro, I wonder if that will affect his hitboxes at all?
This video will probably help you out.

@New rumours: :OOOOOOOO

I wonder how that will all work!?!? I can't wait for their trailers - oh wowwwww!
Have no idea but if they come it will be tomorrow. Until then I'd keep checking the new website.

http://www.smashbros.com/

With that, I'm out for the night.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Remember when I said my face would look like my avatar during the smash trailer, I was wrong

it really was everybody's face would look like my avatar when they first saw the WFT trailer

D

Deleted member

I'm going to try to see tomorrow if I can get my hand on a Wii-U, preferably a Deluxe. Definitely want to be part of the Miiverse community.

I am going to be doing two big things; a spiritual successor to Wiseguy's prediction thread and a re-run of Rate Their Chance, which I will start working on once Pac-Man (bleh, but at least Mega Man is in), Little Mac (don't care for, but he deserves in Smash) and Mii (actually kind of cool) gets confirmed. One thing is for certain, competitions is fixing to get really, really intense and I will summarize my thoughts on the recent days so I can screw back my mind.

@Luco: Great to see you back here! Missed having you around in the SSB4 thread.
Gonna have to agree that it doesn't top Brawl. Not bad in the least though.
I'll have to agree. It's good on it's own right, but it just can't compare to what Melee and Brawl offered. Still though, Mega Man's inclusion has me super pumped for this game.
Secondly, anyone else thinking Toon Link is oust? I have a feeling that cuts are definitely coming. I'm glad everything most people "expected" didn't happen. It's good to see the "Shoe ins / very likely" characters according to us get no mentions yet. Just goes to show we actually have no idea what we're talking about. To me, that's a good thing. Villager's reveal already livens up the roster. It isn't so SWF cookie cutter.

Also, if Toon Link IS cut, Toon Zelda won't be added, so who do you think would be?.... Or would they keep it Link Zelda / Shiek, and Ganondorf?

Third, Link isn't in SS attire, so, I'm guessing Zelda won't be either, lame. Also, is the DOJO actually going to be updated? . . .
Sakurai did mention having two Links as important. I don't think he would go for a game without two Links (though I personally don't care that much about Toon Link).
That trailer.

Poor SSBF is probably in cardiac arrest.
Nope, but I will say I'm more than relieved to see Mega Man in the next Smash. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about him like a lot.
SSBF, wherever you are, here:

Nope, none shown. Although I do not doubt there will be eventually.
Would have used it if I hadn't already gotten one, but I will put it in the OP of the Mega Man IN SSB4 thread.
Now that is a Snake-like reaction; a sucker punch no one expected. Will be curious to see what happens here.
You'll never see Mewtwo again.

If I'm wrong I will eat this post. :D
I think you'll be eating Starphoenix's post. Just wait for Mewtwo's reveal.
Oh come on. So we got this one character out of nowhere? Big whoop. One of your wanted characters is bound to show up. Not only that, but even if they're not in, this looks to be a very solid game altogether.
I already have mine. :grin:
Could be Sakurai just trolling us. Still feel as Mewtwo will return at the very least.
Haven't done it before, but considering that we could very well be seeing the confirmation of Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii, I'd figure it's best to get them over with.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Thing that throws me off is the lack of the WVBA logo from the games. I can understand having the Smash Logo appear, but I would have thought like Mute City in Melee there would have been more Punch Out related stuff. Who knows at this point.

Also was I the only one who originally thought that when Mario was backed into that corner for the first time in the trailer that Little Mac was about to make an appearance? :laugh:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think the stage is enough for the Punch Out series.

The Animal Crossing character does have punching gloves. Not that that really means anything, but Little Mac's only real unique feature is a set of punching bags so that does seem odd. And the Crosser does represent another series with his Balloon Fighter Up B special.

I hope no Little Mac, but we will see.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the stage is enough for the Punch Out series.

The Animal Crossing character does have punching gloves. Not that that really means anything, but Little Mac's only real unique feature is a set of punching bags so that does seem odd. And the Crosser does represent another series with his Balloon Fighter Up B special.

I hope no Little Mac, but we will see.
It's not a punch out stage. Even if little mac is confirmed, it's not a punch out stage

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Don't forget guys, the three newcomers will likely also come with three veterans as well based upon the way the website is laid out. If that happens I expect another "large" trailer. Still going with Yoshi, Marth and Sonic the Hedgehog.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't forget guys, the three newcomers will likely also come with three veterans as well based upon the way the website is laid out. If that happens I expect another "large" trailer. Still going with Yoshi, Marth and Sonic the Hedgehog.
Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man...

The perfect third party triad

Zario777

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to get on these forums all day! I want to laugh at all of those who forsaken Villager as a playable character with your (They'd choose Tom Nook over Villager) or your (Animal Crossing isn't a violent game; they wouldn't put him in!) Well the proof has been released; Villager for top tier

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Hyped as f..k I've been watching the trailer over and over like I did when Brawl was announced I'm just that excited! Though besides MM I'm pretty "meh" on the character reveals so far. Come on Nintendo give us something awesome like Goldensun characters or Little Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom