• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You guys are so stiff, I'm having a blast with this! This is just so random you cannot help but laugh, and I think that is the point. This isn't going to "take away" somebodies spot. If Sakurai did not already to have character X, Y and Z in then they weren't going to get in regardless of whether Wii Fit Trainer was playable or not. We've been saying for years now we wanted a good surprise, and Sakurai gave us just that. Have a little fun.
We're in for a rocky speculation scene.

Though it makes me wonder. If a Wii Fit trainer can get in, are they going all out on the increasing the roster size?
Probably. Sakurai is like Santa Claus, so he can't help himself. It's in his nature.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
You guys are so stiff, I'm having a blast with this! This is just so random you cannot help but laugh, and I think that is the point. This isn't going to "take away" somebodies spot. If Sakurai did not already to have character X, Y and Z in then they weren't going to get in regardless of whether Wii Fit Trainer was playable or not. We've been saying for years now we wanted a good surprise, and Sakurai gave us just that. Have a little fun.
It's very funny, I agree, but the fun is short-term, while wasting a slot lasts for the entirety of the game's lifespan.

I'm sure she'll be fun, but given that we know characters were cut from Brawl/potential newcomers were scrapped to make room for others, I'm not really certain of the notion that she won't be pushing other prospective inclusions out.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't know what to even think.

The only way I can forgive her is that she was included just for the soccer moms and other casual fellas. Rest better be real fanservicey choices, or I'm just...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Definitely surprised about the Wii Fit Trainer, now to wait for the site to update. She looks pretty cool, reminds me of Chun Li a tad.

Nice to see Sakurai confirm weekday pics of development progress for Miiverse.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hehehe, I see, that's all that was bothering me. Learning about Wii Fit Trainer from some twitter post made it seem more baffling and shocking. But with Sakurai presenting her, it's much easier to warm up to her.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
*sigh* I guess I'll have to get used to her. Still not thrilled, but... it's not like it's game-ruining.
Probably won't play as her very often though.

And all trolls should aspire to be like Sakurai. He's a master at it. :smirk:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also, I'm kind of glad that they're getting this out of the way now instead of having people piss and moan about it for months after its revealed in game like with ROB.
Yes. Because Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B were a nightmarish experience.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I still can't fathom Wii Fit Trainer...... Just can't.
Bowser's new Dash Attack is pretty cool.
Loving Megaman right now.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
It's only noon over there right now, right? I wonder what else Nintendo has in store for today. If they revealed one character outside a trailer, there may well be more. Of course, with the Dojo currently needing only one more character to make the frontpage whole, perhaps not.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I'm sure she will be perfectly fun to play. There's just so many better options out there for female characters that the choice of Wii Fit girl really smarts. We get very few female characters as is, and if Wii Fit Girl knocks another far more interesting female character out of the running that's just awful.
Characters don't take other characters' slots. That's not how it works. If Trainer was not in the game then that just means there will be one less character. She's just an addition.

HDER

Smash Rookie
That video was awesome. Already loving the Trainer.

I already forgot, what was her official name in the video? Wii Fit Trainer?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Characters don't take other characters' slots. That's not how it works.
But we know that, for example, Ike muscled out Roy for Brawl. Roy was developed, but only partially, and later dropped while Ike was completed as a character.

The team always wants to include more characters than they have resources for, which means some are scrapped to make way for others.

Like I said, I'm sure she'll be fun, but the notion that a character from an actual game may have been scrapped as a result of her inclusion kinda smarts.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Wii Fit Trainer.
Now that is how you do a FTW Character!
And her Gameplay didn't actually look that bad.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looks like Pit got the Upperdash Arm for a new Side Special and the Guardian Orbitars for a new Down Special. I wonder if this means he'll be getting the Great Sacred Treasure as a New Final Smash. Palutena...? :3

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hope they reveal at least one more character today, but I doubt it. A conventional character, one that people actually wanted and expected. Not that I dislike the Villager or Mega Man, but it would just be a relief to be able to stop speculating about at least one more of the characters actually brought up around here (other than Mega Man).

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Okay, now I'm just laughing right now.
EDIT: LOL Wii Fit Trainer just broke Horsetail :rotfl:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Wii Fit Trainer.
Now that is how you do a FTW Character!
And her Gameplay didn't actually look that bad.
I'm sure she'll be a blast to play, both ROB and G&W are.

I hope they reveal at least one more character today, but I doubt it. A conventional character, one that people actually wanted and expected. Not that I dislike the Villager or Mega Man, but it would just be a relief to be able to stop speculating about at least one more of the characters actually brought up around here (other than Mega Man).
No matter who it is, at least we got another Nintendo rep announced!

Looks like Pit got the Upperdash Arm for a new Side Special and the Guardian Orbitars for a new Down Special. I wonder if this means he'll be getting the Great Sacred Treasure as a New Final Smash. Palutena...? :3

If they change his Final Smash that's a fantastic sign that Palutena is in. Of course, it also might just be because his Final Smash sucked. :grin:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, I've warmed up to her a lot. Really respect Sakurai's outright admission that no one wanted her in as if he is doing it to shock. :laugh: And she seems fun, and that's what matters most to me! ^_^

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You have to admit it was an unexpected, trollish move Sakurai pulled, but she seems to... work out. :smirk:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Suppose this is worth posting.

I will give credit to Sakurai, he did manage to give a lot of personality and potential to a character otherwise pretty bland and boring.

Plus it gives me hope that all newcomers will receive a trailer.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think everyone would still appreciate a Nintendo newcomer that was actually requested though... *HOPES FOR JUST ONE MORE REVEAL*

*Also pats my fragile little Horsetail*

EDIT: Oh man, that trailer for her is amazing.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
So she gets a unique video too? Hope that's a sign that they are giving every newcomer one!

Really hope that some of her alts change the skin color to pink or purple or something. That'd be hilarious.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
But we know that, for example, Ike muscled out Roy for Brawl. Roy was developed, but only partially, and later dropped while Ike was completed as a character.
Roy would have been taken out whether Ike made it in or not because he's not a deserving character, like Pichu and Dr. Mario.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah, I've warmed up to her a lot. Really respect Sakurai's outright admission that no one wanted her in as if he is doing it to shock. :laugh: And she seems fun, and that's what matters most to me! ^_^
Yeah i'm starting to accept her place. and warming up myself...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Also the Villager and Mega Man footage in that video were amazing... and it seems like the tree chopping is like a taunt? :laugh: One that hurts a lot more than Luigi's kick haha. But the saw power with MM is awesome, and his smash attack being the buster charge is just too awesome. Tons of people are going to be playing as him that's for sure. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom