• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
As cool as that image is, it's now really looking like she won't be in Sm4sh (not that I was really wanting her or anything).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Tier whoring happens no matter the game. The problem with the Smash games in general is that the balance is so skewed. In Brawl especially, the top tiers were more fun as well.

The issue here is balance. I mean, look at Tekken. That game is pretty well balanced with a wide variety of characters used. The thing is that certain characters are simply more popular in general like the Laws and Mishimas. Then there's learning curves to factor in. There's a lot more to it than meets the eye.

@N30N Mikasa
You got any weapons for me to okay with?
See, I got lucky in that my two favorite characters (Diddy and Olimar) just happened to be top tier.

I was a very happy fanboy!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
What are your thoughts about this pattern in many games?
I've been maining mid/low tier characters since 64. It's a fun experience and I'm pretty stubborn dropping them for a more...how do I put it...easier winning experience. :laugh: (but I do understand things are different in a tournament setting). I like to play as my favourite characters, or characters that naturally "click" with me, regardless of tier. Well, if you like me to break down why I chose my mains:

64: Jiggs: I really liked the Pokemon in general (game and anime wise). I mostly play Jiggs for her cuteness and charm...and I love making people fall asleep. So cute. Well, until you get them with Rest. Dropped her in Brawl because I'm not really fond of how she "feels". Weird, huh?
Link: I was a huge Zelda nerd back then, not surprising why I liked playing as Link. I also thought his moves were pretty cool.

Melee: Roy: I originally played as him to rival my friend who always played as Marth (I always teased her about Marth's girliness lewl). But his character and playstyle grew on me. Plus I love fire users in video games. So perhaps that's also why Roy intrigued me.
Bowser: I wasn't really fond of how he played, but I do like Bowser character wise. Why I dropped: see Jiggs.
Dr. Mario: Lab coats make everyone look sexier. Plus I love shooting out those brightly coloured pills! :chuckle: Eat them. EAT THEM AND DEVOUR THEEEM!! :colorful:

Brawl: Lucas: I'm just going to flat out say that I've always thought Lucas was weird/nerdy in the beginning. But once I knew about all the **** that happened in Mother 3, I kinda appreciated Lucas more and had this passion to play as him. He naturally clicked with me once I tried him, so I guess I play as him because I love his character and playstyle.

My secondaries are: Pit, Marth, and Toon Link. You guys are probably not surprised on Pit and Toon Link. :estatic: Pit and Marth I only got into recently, but they naturally clicked with me. Funny how they are all higher on the tier list. Even so, I do prefer to play as Lucas, and only my secondaries if I get bored.

When I'm against a MK player online (who is good), I usually switch to Marth or Toon Link (I don't mind using Lucas, but I do find it more frustrating). Took Link in particular I like to play more defensively, spamming projectiles and keeping my distance (at least I could ADCIT out of Nado easier). Though I do think it's important to know when to switch between being aggressive and defensive. Anyway, if I still cannot do decently well against MK, well, then I drop out. There's nothing much I can do about it, and there's not point in raging.

Like what has been already said, balance is a major issue. Many other fighting games have more balanced tiers, and I really hope Smash 4 will have the same. I have more faith in Sakurai since he's not doing this alone.

I'm not sure who I will main come Smash 4. Like I've already said, I've dropped Bowser and Jiggs since I'm not fond of how they play in Brawl (though that could change in Smash 4). I guess you could say that I'm very picky choosing my mains haha. I mean, I'm not fond of Wario character wise, but I like how he plays in Smash. The same thing might happen to me towards some newcomers. So I can't really make an accurate guess who I'll main. What I do know is if Roy's playable, I'd main him in a heartbeat. doki doki <3 Unlike Bowser and Jiggs, Roy would be the only character that I'd stay faithful to haha.

Sorry of the long post Embarrass It's like my life story of Smash lol.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I'm not one of the people who mains characters, I just play who I feel like, which lately was O Captain My Captain Falcon (I have a theory that the poem was a prophecy about captain falcon more then it was about Lincoln)

I do like Shiek (but I got to get into more zelda), Ness, Yoshi, Diddy, Lucario, Marth, and PT

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Y'know, I do like Playing as Random sometimes. Never know who you're going to get and sometimes you have to adapt fast if it's a character who you're not good at. But sometimes I get the same fighter like 3 times in a row >.> lol

Side topic: anybody play LoL, cause we should put a team together
I do play LoL, but I've started like 4 months ago...I'm still learning a lot of things, so I'm not the best. But if you don't mind a newb like me, you can always hit me up if you're interested in forming a team.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I've always been a low-tier person myself. Heck, I'm actually pretty good with Pichu in Melee. I'm not very good with high tier characters though, except Sheik and Snake.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I do play LoL, but I've started like 4 months ago...I'm still learning a lot of things, so I'm not the best. But if you don't mind a newb like me, you can always hit me up if you're interested in forming a team.

Cool, what's your summoner name, I'll send you a friend request

who do you use

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
As someone who mains Ness in all three games I know how you guys feel! I love the satisfaction of owning my friends with him. Of course I main reason I use Ness is to show my love for the Mother series. In other news, the new AC is fantastic! I can kiss getting anything done anymore goodbye

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
But tbh, the majority of my character choices became mid tiers and below. Donkey Kong/Link for 64, Bowser/Pichu/Mewtwo/Zelda for melee, Pit/Bowser with some Zelda and D3 (though I had a tiny bit of MK who I dropped quickly) for Brawl. I was introduced to competitive stuff and tier lists around like the 4th month of Brawl, though. Pit and Bowser were the only ones who stayed though.
So although I hate top tiers with a passion (mainly because of how dependent ppl are when they're losing), I have already decided on my mains for the next Smash, who shall be Pit and Palutena, Bowser and Bowser Jr, provided that the newcomers are in, regardless of their future tier placing.

What are your thoughts about this pattern in many games?
I never really cared for tiers, and just played a character if I liked how they looked/played. Hell, I mained Brawl Ganondorf for a long time and considered him the best in the game (mind you, it was until 2012 when I saw my first tier list).

Wherever Palutena is on the tier list, I'm planning on maining her because I just find her awesome, and no complaining about how 'useless' she may be at the time is going to change my mind.

Random rant that sort of fits the topic:
Regarding tiers and tournaments, I never really can get into watching a tourney because it's most likely going to be the same thing (I.E: Fox vs Marth or MK vs MK). Watching the same 4 characters is just so boring, no matter how hype/drunk the commentators get. It ruins the experience when you're 99% sure that Fox is going to beat Link. Hopefully Sm4sh will at least have balancing to fix the issue, and we may see a diverse amount of characters after new patches and whatnot.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Side topic: anybody play LoL, cause we should put a team together
Like I said before last time this came up, I dabble. I'm not very good and have little experience playing outside of stupid AI though.

community gif
Respect. In fact, before it is too late, you can leave John and come join us. This way you can avoid being destroyed. <3

For those asking, today's my 20th birthday. :)
I'm 20 years old.

Wow. What a copy cat.

Sure, either way, I'm sort of a Chaotic Good. I do my own thing, but I do the right thing. I work for no-one though.

Then you'll fit in just fine, be you chaotic neutral or chaotic good that works in with our philosophy. So long as you aren't ev--

Your Chaotic Good probably wouldn't mesh well with my Neutral Ev- I mean, yeah, we'll be allies. ;)
Hehehehehe :evil:

:crazy: Ev...

Ev...

Everlasting N3ON Heels? Sounds good to me. :awesome:

You can sign up with Holder, I just take care of the motivating speeches and accidentally making new enemies. :troll:
Haha jk, signing up is for Moonknights, so they can secretly keep tabs on you, just like the Xbone. Glad to have you aboard! :grin:
Motivational speeches that manipulate I assume. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm gonna go get New Leaf and be antisocial until I've caught everything. :p
Neon Heels! :colorful:
Sweeeet!

Everyone who possesses or is about to possess AC: NL should call out so we can visit each other's villages. :chuckle:

I was playing at the bowling alley just now, and my 3DS died on me while I was playing. :cry: Fortunately I saved at least after I got my Pikmin from the fortune cookie. That made my day. :)

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Like I said before last time this came up, I dabble. I'm not very good and have little experience playing outside of stupid AI though.
I usually just play against AI as well (mainly cuz I hate the community in league)

Fortunately I saved at least after I got my Pikmin from the fotune cookie. That made my day. :)

Dang, the Chinese own everything :troll:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Respect. In fact, before it is too late, you can leave John and come join us. This way you can avoid being destroyed. <3

I'm 20 years old.

Wow. What a copy cat.
A tempting offer (Trust me it really is, I think we are outnumbered by a ratio of 2:1 :laugh:). I'm really not all too sure who is against my beloved Moonknights (and why actually, I'm pretty lost). BUT! I am thinking of pulling a SEGA and go 3rd party.
But as of right now I'm staying on this sinking ship, I can't be that spineless!
*insert classic titanic gif here*

P.S
I'm 20 also :grin:

P.S.S:
Are we doing this Free-4-All thing??? E3 is tomorrow! :surprised:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thanks everyone for the birthday messages! ^_^

Now, being June 10th already here, it's only one day left till E3 for me. I'm hyped!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
A tempting offer (Trust me it really is, I think we are outnumbered by a ratio of 2:1 :laugh:). I'm really not all too sure who is against my beloved Moonknights (and why actually, I'm pretty lost). BUT! I am thinking of pulling a SEGA and go 3rd party.
But as of right now I'm staying on this sinking ship, I can't be that spineless!
*insert classic titanic gif here*

P.S
I'm 20 also :grin:

P.S.S:
Are we doing this Free-4-All thing??? E3 is tomorrow! :surprised:

Excellent... The Moonknights are falling apart... :evil:

And I can't do the free-4-all. No good at Brawl without a proper controller. :urg:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just 2 days left until we see some B.I.G. details on SSB4. I've been browsing the recent E3 community on MiiVerse and chatting with some fans after completing the newest chapter of my fanfiction. Everybody's body is ready to the point of bursting out of their clothes. I can already feel the hype train coming our way for this fantastic Tuesday. Leave luck to heaven.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
@Poppy: Not yet we aren't!
I don't have a good controller either! I have a WiiU, I'm stuck with a nun-chuck...

Check out the New CoD: Ghosts fish AI! Thanks to the PS4/Xbox1 Infinity ward can do so much more!

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
If you guys need a jungler, add Rattly. I don't play too much anymore, but I'm fairly decent.

Request sent (I'm TheWatcherofDoom)

Edit: the first trailer for hobbit to will be up tuesday as well,

TOO MUCH HYPE!!!!!!!! :psycho:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
We should definitely do a Smash 4 free-for-all after most if not all of us get Smash 4. :kirby:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

E..............3.............Smash.............Bros............Too.............Much...........Hype

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Tbh i really hope we get a decent ammount of info on the game not JUST a trailer...u know...put alotta minds at rest like the sort of crossplay the 2 versions will have is worrying.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom