• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If we get Mewtwo, it better be classic only or both forms. If only Awakened Mewtwo makes in, there will be massive outcry across the Internet.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Awakened Mewtwo is the one that is the star of the movie though not regular Mewtwo. And if Awakened Mewtwo gets in then fans will have to deal with it they can't get everything that they want.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Awakened Mewtwo is the one that is the star of the movie though not regular Mewtwo. And if Awakened Mewtwo gets in then fans will have to deal with it they can't get everything that they want.
I'm well aware of that.

I dealt with the lack of Mewtwo in Brawl, so if he doesn't return, I won't whine. I don't like wasting my time whining over things we can't control.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
An alternate with Classic Mewtwo wouldn't be impossible to make though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm pretty sure everyone knows my opinion on Mewtwo already.

But anyway, Awakened Mewtwo will most certainly get some outcry should this be the default Mewtwo for obvious reasons (not just from nostalgia goggled ******s who hate change), but I would say that most would probably agree that like Tail Whip Mewtwo, it's still better than no Mewtwo at all.

Am still betting on the Final Smash stuff (it's just too perfect), either way it could be worse, like the MMX alt that Zero got in UMvC3.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Until Namco can prove their worth, Mewtwo is still a **** stain.
Just out of curiosity, what do you think should be done to Mewtwo to make him actually good?

I'm open to the spoon idea.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^Nice to see that not everyone knows about the Spoon Sword, and here I was thinking that I was getting old. Now I'm going to go throw up.

I'm open to the spoon idea.
Just remember, Kuma was the one who brought it up this time, not me.

D

Deleted member

^^^^^^ WHAT THE **** DID I JUST WATCH???

That is NOT the definition I knew for "spooning." Goddammit Vintage, next time I'm cuddling with a girl I'm gonna be thinking of this ****.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
^^^^^^ WHAT THE **** DID I JUST WATCH???

That is NOT the definition I knew for "spooning." Goddammit Vintage, next time I'm cuddling with a girl I'm gonna be thinking of this ****.
Oz is a great TV series. Taught a me lot.

Anyway what is this spoon thing really?

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I'd prefer normal Mewtwo, but I wouldn't complain if it was just the new form. I mean yeah I was upset he got the axe from Brawl, but I'm over that now so it's not like I'm going to complain that he makes a comeback, he could be dressed in a fedora and trenchcoat for all I care. As long as he's back.
Hopefully it's a Zelda/Sheik relationship.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh no. Not a spoon. Make him use psychic powers. He is psychic.
Anyway what is this spoon thing really?
In the Pokemon manga (yes that's a thing and yes its been running as long as the anime), it's Mewtwo's primary form of attacking. Since Mewtwo creates it with psychic energy, Mewtwo can extend it infinitely (like Goku's Power Pole), change it's shape, turn it back into energy on the fly for other psychic attacks like Barrier, or even throw it and control it's trajectory.

Arguably Mewtwo's signature move, Psystrike, was inspired by this as it too uses Psychic/special energy to deal physical damage.

Not related to the above, but assuming Awakened Mewtwo becomes Mewtwo's Final Smash, Psystrike, which is arguably a must for his moveset, could mean that it's already a given that Mewtwo's moveset will receive some major changes (cause lets face it, there is still a large chance Mewtwo won't get any changes).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, what the hell is up with the abnormally large amount of Mewtwo mains around these parts? Are people really that dense towards the idea of Mewtwo that they fail to realize that he's a rubbish character? I just don't get it at all, I don't get how people are so oblivious to how poorly Mewtwo is implemented in Super Smash Bros. and beg and plead for the character to return. It's like people are screaming "We want our ****ty character back! We love absolute garbage!". It's baffling...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also, what the hell is up with the abnormally large amount of Mewtwo mains around these parts? Are people really that dense towards the idea of Mewtwo that they fail to realize that he's a rubbish character? I just don't get it at all, I don't get how people are so oblivious to how poorly Mewtwo is implemented in Super Smash Bros. and beg and plead for the character to return. It's like people are screaming "We want our ****ty character back! We love absolute garbage!". It's baffling...
My, what an horrendous scandal you describe.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Because people like the character for the character and therefore don't mind the moveset...?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Because people like the character and not everyone is playing to win, maybe? And there's always a chance that improvements can be made to him anyway, especially since he's been absent from Smash? Just throwing that out there

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Not only that but it'd be kind of cool to be competent with a character who is hard to succeed with.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In the Pokemon manga (yes that's a thing and yes its been running as long as the anime), it's Mewtwo's primary form of attacking. Since Mewtwo creates it with psychic energy, Mewtwo can extend it infinitely (like Goku's Power Pole), change it's shape, turn it back into energy on the fly for other psychic attacks like Barrier, or even throw it and control it's trajectory.

Arguably Mewtwo's signature move, Psystrike, was inspired by this as it too uses Psychic/special energy to deal physical damage.

Not related to the above, but assuming Awakened Mewtwo becomes Mewtwo's Final Smash, Psystrike, which is arguably a must for his moveset, could mean that it's already a given that Mewtwo's moveset will receive some major changes (cause lets face it, there is still a large chance Mewtwo won't get any changes).
Well, this greatly depends on how the combat system is changed in Smash 4. For all we know, the Final Smash may have its name changed to Super Smash and every character gets two.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Because people like the character for the character and therefore don't mind the moveset...?
Liking the character only for the character is foolish. If the character is rubbish, the character is rubbish. No pretty face can compensate for a badly designed moveset. But of course, people would rather be ignorant of the truth.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to laugh so effing hard if Dillon is in the game and ends up being garbage.
There'd be one of two options that would be lol-worthy.
a) Habanero sucks it up and accepts Dillon is garbage but plays as him anyway because it's Dillon.
or
b) Habanero goes off saying Dillon should be scrapped and never come back because he sucks.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Habanero complaining about Mewtwo and how "impossible" is for him to be buffed in the new Smash. Like I never seen that before...

Heh, why would I care? I play as the characters I want and I don't give a **** about what others play as.

I'm going to laugh so effing hard if Dillon is in the game and ends up being garbage.
I guess you could call that a delicious irony.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Riiight, apparently now I'm an ignorant fool who "can't accept the truth" because I like a character for their... wait for it... character

seemslegit.jpg

D

Deleted member

Riiight, apparently now I'm an ignorant fool who "can't accept the truth" because I like a character for their... character

seemslegit.jpg
Don't forget that you're also an idiot blinded by nostalgia because that character happens to be Mewtwo. :troll:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Liking the character only for the character is foolish. If the character is rubbish, the character is rubbish. No pretty face can compensate for a badly designed moveset. But of course, people would rather be ignorant of the truth.
Pretty sure that's no one is denying that Mewtwo's moveset sucks, they just like the character too much to not care about winning or losing. Honestly this isn't a situation where people are being ignorant. People like Mewtwo and want the chance to play as him for better or worse (I believe the term is called "character loyalty").

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Were you mounted by a gang of wild boars as a child? Calm down.

I am sure if Mewtwo returns he will be better.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
As far as I know, there is no "wrong" or "right" way to enjoy a character in Smash. Some people like whatever fighter for the moveset/playstyle more than anything else (like me and Lucas). And some people like a character for who they are in their source games and the character itself, not caring how good or bad they are (like me and Roy. Plus the fire effects). Some people might think that latter is shallow or whatever, but really, there's no rules saying on how people should enjoy characters, nor if they're foolish for liking a bad character, just an opinion that I humbly disagree with. ;)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Liking a character for the character itself rather than overanalyzing the moveset? What a tremendous sacrilege!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom