• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
And R.O.B.? Even more inapt. Now you're comparing a generic race from an everyman franchise with a core cast of characters to a gaming peripheral. (Though at least in the plot for Gyromite and Stack-Up, there is only one "R.O.B." in existence made by Prof. Hector.)
Let's also not forget that in Brawl, you're not really playing as any R.O.B.. You're playing as the Ancient Minister.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Due to the fact there is a clearly defined Yoshi, using Yoshi as a counter is inapt.

And R.O.B.? Even more inapt. Now you're comparing a generic race from an everyman franchise with a core cast of characters to a gaming peripheral. (Though at least in the plot for Gyromite and Stack-Up, there is only one "R.O.B." in existence made by Prof. Hector.)
The best example really is Pokemon. There are multiple of almost every Pokemon, and that's not a problem for the likes of Pikachu, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Jigglypuff, or Lucario. I know they're from a monster collecting franchise, but they're still part of a species and are not individual characters. What makes Pokemon different?

For the record, I'm legitimately asking a question here.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
And yeah I know Sakurai listen to the fanbase XD, that's why I said Bandana Dee was popular and requested.
I said the argument "what Sakurai wants is what happens" because you were saying that Kirby doesn't need more reps, if Sakurai wants more reps for Kirby or for another franchise he will add more reps, it was just an example to show you that the reps argument is very bad.
Thank you.
I'm a Ridley supporter, but even I don't like it when people bring up the fact that he should be included because Metroid doesn't have enough reps.
"No, that's not why he should be in!" I want to say. But, hey, people can support whoever they want for whatever reason they want I suppose. (Just don't say that it boosts Ridley's chances.)
Really, I shouldn't get too upset that they're supporting a character I support. :laugh:

What does Bandana Waddle Dee have over "Toad"?

Actual, non fan-****ed existence. :troll:
You've referenced this a some times before. Would you mind filling me in on your findings?
As someone who supports "Toad," I'd love to know more about what exactly I'm supporting!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Besides captain toad, there's no THE toad. Its just made up by fans.

And/or Nintendo of America.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
However, it is debatable that the Blue Toad from SM3DW is the same as the one from Galaxy. And maybe the NSM games.
Not the one from galaxy. That will always be Toadbert, by boogity.

I would say hes NSMB blue toad though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Not the one from galaxy. That will always be Toadbert, by boogity.

I would say hes NSMB blue toad though.
From my understanding, the entire Toad Brigade except for the blue toad, is shown at the end of the credits. That makes it seem like the playable Toad is the blue one from the Toad Brigade.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
From my understanding, the entire Toad Brigade except for the blue toad, is shown at the end of the credits. That makes it seem like the playable Toad is the blue one from the Toad Brigade.
Toads aren't advanced enough to have invented contact lens. Argument is invalid.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Besides captain toad, there's no THE toad. Its just made up by fans.

And/or Nintendo of America.
What about that whole "Kino" vs. "Kinopio" thing? Was it just a misinterpretation on English fans' part? Or were those never even distinct names to begin with?
This is all very...strange.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I can't honestly see them making a Rosalina quality trailer for waddle dee. I'm mean really, would that get people excited in the same way the other newcomers have made us? I doubt it

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
I can't honestly see them making a Rosalina quality trailer for waddle dee. I'm mean really, would that get people excited in the same way the other newcomers have made us? I doubt it
Considering I support Waddle Dee, I'd be pretty excited for that.
I'm hungry guys, get me something to eat
Breakfast, lunch or dinner?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Show Bandana Dee in epic and beautiful combat with Galacta Knight on the WiiU's Kirby stage (or a general interpretation of it, like Rainbow Road). Bandana Dee defeats Galacta Knight in the most epic fight ever. Smash characters appear. Cue trailer. :troll:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Visually I'm also a Dee supporter but other than the Awesome(spear)copter and poking what does he do for moves potential in the recent Kirby games?

D

Deleted member

The best example really is Pokemon. There are multiple of almost every Pokemon, and that's not a problem for the likes of Pikachu, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Jigglypuff, or Lucario. I know they're from a monster collecting franchise, but they're still part of a species and are not individual characters. What makes Pokemon different?

For the record, I'm legitimately asking a question here.
What makes Pokémon different? You literally just answered that.
It's a monster collecting franchise.

The best way to represent such a franchise is through, well, the monsters. Mario is different. It, as I repeatedly stated, is a franchise that has a core cast of characters. Best way to represent the franchise is through that core cast of characters. Generic Toad #52 isn't any more a part of it than Generic Koopa #37 or Generic Goomba #149.
Though, as I said, having a generic Toad be the "ambassador" of the Toad race for Smash is possible (but not for this upcoming pair of games for obvious reasoning). However, it really cannot be compared to Pokémon.

Especially when all the examples you listed outside of Jigglypuff (which even then is debatable) all have glaring counters to the case.

You've referenced this a some times before. Would you mind filling me in on your findings?
As someone who supports "Toad," I'd love to know more about what exactly I'm supporting!
To summarize my main points:
-The concept of "Toad" is not present in Japan. (You even mentioned the "Kino" vs. "Kinopio" thing; that isn't real. All "Toads" are "Kinopios".)
-There are too many inconsistencies in regards to who "Toad" is to the point of ridiculousness. I even have a quote for this: "Every Toad is 'Toad', except when they're not."

I'm actually going to make a video about it in the future.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
I heard from my unle's cat who sleeps on Sakurai's car that How about a cross series Rep just to confuse the hell outta everyone?
a Waddle Dee, a Toad, a Deku Scrub tri-team, handling like a Olimar-IceClimbers-Rosalina hybrid :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What does Bandana Waddle Dee have over "Toad"?

Actual, non fan-****ed existence. :troll:

Proof of Toad's existence is at 7:12. That generic Toad could be nameless or even be named "Bob" or something... just like the other generic Toads in the game who speak but don't show their names in the dialogue boxes... only this generic Toad is named "Toad". Some of the other Toads who have names in this game are Chancellor (a title), Gaz, and Raini & Raz.

Proof of Toad's existence is at 2:03. That generic Toad could have been nameless or be named "John" or something... but instead of being a nameless generic Toad... Luigi calls this Toad "Toad" as if that's his name... so he is Toad the Toad.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Proof of Toad's existence is at 7:12. That generic Toad could be nameless or even be named "Bob" or something... just like the other generic Toads in the game who speak but don't show their names in the dialogue boxes... only this generic Toad is named "Toad". Some of the other Toads who have names in this game are Chancellor (a title), Gaz, and Raini & Raz.

Proof of Toad's existence is at 2:03. That generic Toad could have been nameless or be named "John" or something... but instead of being a nameless generic Toad... Luigi calls this Toad "Toad" as if that's his name... so he is Toad the Toad.
So NoA invention?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

"Pic of the day. Palkia appeared in the Spear Pillar stage of the previous game…but now it's coming out of a Poké Ball?! Here's Palkia's signature move, Spacial Rend!"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pic of the day would mean Spear Pillar won't make a comeback for SSB4. Unless Alfonzo will substitute for Palkia :troll:

Doc Croca

Smash Rookie
I didn't like Spear pillars much

I am however quite happy to see Palkia as a new summonable Pokémon. He looks pretty cool.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually liked Spear Pillar, but I knew the chances of it returning weren't great, since only a few stages return in later games.

Palkia looks nice, even better than Brawl. Also, is it just me or he looks bigger than his appearance in Brawl? I know he appeared in the background, but he wasn't that away from the playable area.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I assume Palkia will mess up the scenario in a major way like it does in SP. Maybe Dialga would reset the match? :p

And maybe, just maybe, Giratina appears as a boss :awesome:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I assume Palkia will mess up the scenario in a major way like it does in SP. Maybe Dialga would reset the match? :p

And maybe, just maybe, Giratina appears as a boss :awesome:
Giratina as a boss would be so damn cool. Heck, what am I saying, even AT, Giratina origin form is just a too cool design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom