• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've been rereading Miiverse just to laugh at stupid posts,then a new trend to speculate when Yoshi will be confirmed.

March 14th.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We all know Bandana Dee is more reddish than that, and obviously, he has a bandana.
Such a difference, how amazingly not a generic enemy with just a single identifying thing that supposedly makes him unique. Tell me, how does this bandanna magically make him not a Kirby Goomba with a stick? Let's give a Goomba an axe and a headband and make him playable, or maybe a Redead with a leather jacket, how about that one Metroid that thought Samus was it's mother? Why not a Bulborb with an eyepatch and a Pikmin shaped tumor? Or Shy Guy. :troll:

[collapse=]In case you were wondering, I'm not hating on your odd choice of a character. I'm genuinely curious as to why one would so avidly want such a thing. And how the hell you think he's any better than those other characters. [/collapse]

I hate it so many people trash Miiverse all the time. It's not like it's comprised of tons of established adults.

It's just a bunch of kids.
It's like going into a daycare and asking why it's filled with tiny idiots and that one creepy old dude in the back that's giving you the eye.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Or Shy Guy. :troll:
[collapse=]In case you were wondering, I'm not hating on your odd choice of a character. I'm genuinely curious as to why one would so avidly want such a thing. And how the hell you think he's any better than those other characters. [/collapse]
HOW DARE YOU.

Anyway, Bandana Dee could be the first spear user in Smash.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's like going into a daycare and asking why it's filled with tiny idiots and that one creepy old dude in the back that's giving you the eye.
Exactly. So why do we pity them? IGN, and GameFAQs, and Youtube, they're all different; IGN has fanboys that defend their stuff religiously and without reason, GameFAQs, well, there sort-of a spin-off of IGN. Youtube has actually belligerent religious people, and spammers, and trolls.

Miiverse...it's just a bunch of kids. Especially in the Mario, Sonic Smash communities.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If Goomba was playable, getting footstooled would cost you a stock. :laugh:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Such a difference, how amazingly not a generic enemy with just a single identifying thing that supposedly makes him unique. Tell me, how does this bandanna magically make him not a Kirby Goomba with a stick? Let's give a Goomba an axe and a headband and make him playable, or maybe a Redead with a leather jacket, how about that one Metroid that thought Samus was it's mother? Why not a Bulborb with an eyepatch and a Pikmin shaped tumor? Or Shy Guy. :troll:

Maybe Bandana Dee is better than a generic enemy with an accessory because:
A:Bandana Dee is now one of the main characters and a staple in the Kirby series.
B:He has multiple roles and appearances.

Unlike I don't know... Goombario? XD

And odd?
He is pretty popular and makes a lot of sense.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Maybe Bandana Dee is better than a generic enemy with an accessory because:
A:Bandana Dee is now one of the main characters and a staple in the Kirby series.
B:He has multiple roles and appearances.

Unlike I don't know... Goombario? XD

And odd?
He is pretty popular and makes a lot of sense.
...I'm still not convinced...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
...I'm still not convinced...
He obviously has some power; he's the first opponent in Megaton Punch.

He also wields the Spear ability, which IMO is arguably the best ability in the entire series.

He's also the only Waddle Dee that can survive multiple Hammer Flips.

Also...

“Hey, it’s everyone’s idol! Don't let the cute fool you! He’s a brave warrior who may be small, but his spear packs a huge wallop!”

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'd put Waddle Dee supporters in the same boat as Toad supporters. Both have generic and 'real' versions, both are ridiculed just as much as each other, and both have generics currently being used by other characters.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'd put Waddle Dee supporters in the same boat as Toad supporters. Both have generic and 'real' versions, both are ridiculed just as much as each other, and both have generics currently being used by other characters.
The difference is that Bandana Dee doesn't have competition, he has moveset potential unlike Toad and obviously, he isn't deconfirmed :C
But I understand your point.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd still put Waddles a nose bit ahead of Toad just because he practically has a complete moveset.
I say deconfirmed or assist if Dedede's Waddle Dee special is shown,because it can be a rare part where Bandana dee comes out and throws a spear at you. Like Grodos or whatever the **** they're called. Also,new trend. I'm going to be saying **** a little bit more often,because new sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom