• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I dunno know 'bout you, but I'm maining Goku 1st day!
It's strange, actually.
I am against the idea of incorporating guest characters from anime/manga based franchises, but I'd be oddly ok with Goku.

I'm not even that big of a DBZ fan, I just feel that he's the only anime/manga guest character that makes sense.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's strange, actually.
I am against the idea of incorporating guest characters from anime/manga based franchises, but I'd be oddly ok with Goku.

I'm not even that big of a DBZ fan, I just feel that he's the only anime/manga guest character that makes sense.
Admit it! It's for the possibility for explosions! Don't deny it!

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Would you guys against or for Goku as a DLC character?
As much as I love anime/manga in general. Sorry mate, but smash bros. is a video game crossover of Nintendo franchises.
Goku doesn't fit in there at all.
Also why Goku? Can't it be another anime character?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
As much as I love anime/manga in general. Sorry mate, but smash bros. is a video game crossover of Nintendo franchises.
Goku doesn't fit in there at all.
Also why Goku? Can't it be another anime character?
Because he has the closest association with Nintendo that is not a video game character.
There have been games for Dragonball since the NES.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Because he has the closest association with Nintendo that is not a video game character.
There have been games for Dragonball since the NES.
Still, anime characters do not belong in a video game crossover game.
In fact, Sakurai himself stated that no anime/manga characters would make the cut.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Not really. They both technically have the same chances.
..Why are we still discussing this?...
I’m not talking about chances, I’m talking about sense. If a Nintendo crossover game were to get a anime/cartoon character wouldn’t someone like Captain N make more sense than someone like Goku? They both have 0 chance sure, but one should make more sense to have over the other. lol

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I come in, and see people considering the chances of Goku.
WHAT IS THIS?! MIIVERSE?!
No, if this was Miiverse, people would be begging Sakurai for 7 Sonic characters, Minecraft characters, the Powerpuff Girls and other cartoons, and nearly everyone here would think Mewtwo is definitely cut.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Honestly I prefer the rule of game originating characters only. Once you open the floodgates gates to other mediums I think it's hard to get it closed at that point.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I prefer the rule of game originating characters only. Once you open the floodgates gates to other mediums I think it's hard to get it closed at that point.
Agreed, smash at its core has always been not just a fighting game but a celebration of Nintendo's history. If Sakurai starts allowing literally anyone the game will lose part of why it is special.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
If Goku did orginate in a video game, I bet you that he'd be one of the highest requested 3rd party characters due to the amount of games he's had on Nintendo consoles and handhelds over the years.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
If Goku did orginate in a video game, I bet you that he'd be one of the highest requested 3rd party characters due to the amount of games he's had on Nintendo consoles and handhelds over the years.
I think he would be highly requested simply because he's one of the most well-known characters of all time. His connection with Nintendo really isn't any more special than any other licensed escapades, really.

That said, if I absolutely had to put a 4th-Party character in Smash (and I don't ever want that to be a thing, ever), Goku would probably be somewhere on my list. As someone who can't really stand anime and manga in general, I really like his character. People who don't take everything super seriously generally get high marks in my book.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Kinda makes me wish he was.
Honestly, I wish Dragon Ball Z wasn't practically dead at this point. Such an awesome franchise...now relegated to the same rehashed fighters every year.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So Project M's extended roster has apparently been leaked by some asshole who wanted to leave the team in a blaze of glory. For the most part, people aren't too happy.

-sigh- Why are people stupid?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So Project M's extended roster has apparently been leaked by some ******* who wanted to leave the team in a blaze of glory. For the most part, people aren't too happy.

-sigh- Why are people stupid?
What were the characters on the list?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Huh...

Kinda underwhelming...
Yeeeeeeeup. Pretty much everyone was expecting a new Metroid character, for starters.

Wait, I thought they said they wouldn't, just to be on Nintendo's good side?
Did they, break, a promise?
That's another thing everyone's upset about, because practically no one in the community wants another ****ing Sonic character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But why Knuckles of all people. While I could care less. Why not Tails or Shadow. Why Knuckles?!
Because Knuckles is the most well-suited for them. He was made for fighting. Shadow is only a mere "weapon".
Huh,they put a pun with him as an Assist.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
One thing is wanting anime characters, other thing is expecting them and arguing about their (im)possibility. Only a delusional fanboy (or fangirl) will EXPECT an anime character only to crash their head on the wall that is disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom