• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Have Namco fighting games been balanced well before then?

Cause I'm pretty damn sure Kilik is God Tier in Soul Calibur 2.
Tekken Tag 2 is really well balanced. The tiers typically range from S+ to B- at the lowest. Even then, everyone has a fighting chance against each other. The Mishimas may be at the top, but they can be beaten.

The thing that makes things harder for some characters are their learning curves and the skills they emphasize. You have characters like Xiaoyu, Lei, and Zafina that are super big on stances in one way or another. Meanwhile, Mishimas are a little bit more straightforward, but require good technical skill for EWGFs and spacing in general. A lot of matchups become much easier to deal with once you know certain string paths, transitions into stances and followups, along with just being aware of a character's top ten moves.

My guess, though, is their balancing is better than what Brawl put out. At least Namco was smart to make every Tekken character's jabs have the same startup along with everyone having at least three different grabs.

D

Deleted member

lmao Yamcha

That dude is the definition of getting *** ***** by life
Yet, if you think about it, he's got it the best.

Too weak to fight evil mosters, but still a ****-load stronger than any other human being, using his powers to be a pro baseball player and get MAD *****.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yamcha looks like Goku and Vegeta mixed with longer hair.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yamcha vs. Squidward

Who is the most unfortunate sap in life?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You finally managed to do it didn't you? :smirk:

NowIwannaseeSquidwardImpa c:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

If we're all posting ****, might as well post cute ****.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What are you talking about? That nose is pure perfection.

@Habanero
You mean Spongebob?

@Shorts
Needs more Korean girls and less guys.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
The funny thing is, I'm still currently clearing Skyward Sword. I have to say, the game's...

sometimes annoying to-average at best. (-=`=-)
I still haven't beaten Skyward Sword yet (Twilight Princess is to blame)
But I love it so far. I really don't care about the 'gimmick' and graphics being too cartoony and blah blah blah.
I dare i say it... Prefer Skyward Sword over Ocarina of Time.
If this was a Zelda forum, I'd probably be dead and shunned right now.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well I'm glad you enjoy it, I wish I could too... I guess I have some higher standards for that though. It's great for those who enjoy it though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel like a total Zelda-dunce for saying this, but I'm actually stuck on one part of SS, probably due to my own stupidity...there needs to be something I'm not noticing.

D

Deleted member

Skyward Sword is one the best 3D Zelda game ever made. And the art is wonderful.
Imo, SS is the most repetitive of the console Zelda games.

I'm at the 3rd fight with the Imprisoned. It does a lot of things right, but just as many things wrong. I'll give a more thorough review later, but tbh, many people have already gone in depth with all the game's flaws.

I feel like a total Zelda-dunce for saying this, but I'm actually stuck on one part of SS, probably due to my own stupidity...there needs to be something I'm not noticing.
What part?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Also being so vulnerable to gimping is pathetic. PK Thunder is such a joke that you can snipe the projectile with another projectile to cancel it out. In particular a good Pit player can use Palutena's Arrow in order to snipe the PK Thunder from pretty much any angle without problems.
Not to mention using Mirror Shield to reflect PK Thunder if the opponent feels like getting close. Though I still need to practice getting the timing right, I always find it satisfying reflecting opponents when they're recovering, especially DK. :evil:

I'd say Lucas is above decent. His moveset allows him to have good options up close and in the air. Buffering tilts or grabs out of N-air and D-air really allows him to get in and deliver some damage up close. He also has that wicked scary aeriall >tilt lock > U-smash combo.
Yeah, that combo is also fun to use, though I still need more practice haha.
So while Lucas isn't really bad he has some important disadvantages caused by the way Brawl is played competitively and the engine (which also gave him a great tool). Lucas is amazing in doubles (2v2s) and in free for alls too so he isn't close garbage if you don't play 1v1s competitively.
He's good in doubles, huh? I know the use of PSI Magnet becomes extremely useful when Friendly Fire is on. I guess some characters do better in a team setting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What part?
The part in that lava cave where you roll around on a boulder. I can tell I probably screwed it up somewhere, since I've tried everything I can think of. Right after you get the Bomb Bag, iirc.

I also haven't played the game in a while, but I should start it back up soon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skyward Sword:

-Did many things good
-Did many things bad
-Repeated many things Zelda usually does

Average 3D Zelda game / 10

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Is in the second dungeon right? I remember there was a wall to destroy to make a path and being able to get to the other side. Maybe you didn't see that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom