• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why were people talking about GameFAQs and more specifically DEDEKONG of all people?

dedekong being stupid is not really news. In fact, I don't take his posts seriously and laugh at his stupidity.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why are we even speaking about GameFAQs and their dumb posters overall? I don't think they're worth any mention in these forums.
That's what I was asking too...

Heh, maybe I should open an account there and teach that dedekong fellow and other dumb posters a lesson or two. :evil::smirk:

D

Deleted member

That's what I was asking too...

Heh, maybe I should open an account there and teach that dedekong fellow and other dumb posters a lesson or two. :evil::smirk:
Don't even bother.

GameFAQs has got this stupid popularity system for posting.

You're only able to post like 5x in 24hrs until you get more popularity points.

I had an account and I think I even argued with the guy about Zelda, then I got my account banned for some reason.

But yeah, seriously...

Why are we having a ****fest over how we teach those fools at GameFAQs a lesson? It's like everyone is teaming up together to teach the ignorant.

I guess it goes to show how bored we are...

Anyway, I''ll do those cold readings later today, I'm gonna play some Squidward Sword and then draw for a bit.

Oh, btw, anyone got an edit of SS Zelda with Squidward's Nose? That'd be hilarious!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Don't even bother.

GameFAQs has got this stupid popularity system for posting.

You're only able to post like 5x in 24hrs until you get more popularity points.

I had an account and I think I even argued with the guy about Zelda, then I got my account banned for some reason.
Wow, seriously?

With a system like that, no wonder the people there got dumber and dumber.

Looks like I won't be bothering to create an account there.

Why are we having a ****fest over how we teach those fools at GameFAQs a lesson? It's like everyone is teaming up together to teach the ignorant.
In theory, that would be quite the positive thing to do, but knowing the morons at GameFAQs, I doubt that such effort would be worth the time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fire Emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi: 9 9 8 10 (GBA) (36 / 40)
Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken - 9, 9, 8, 8 (34 / 40)
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones 9,9,9,8 (35 / 40)

Famitsu score for the entire series in general

* Awakening - 36
* New Myster of the Emblem - 34
* Shadow Dragon - 34
* Radiant Dawn - 33
* Path of Radiance - 34
* The Sacred Stones - 35
* Blazing Sword - 34
* Sword of Seals - 36
* Thracia 776 - 35
* Genealogy of the Holy War - 31
* Mystery of the Emblem - 36

FE series is pretty consistent in terms of the score it received from Famitsu.
Sacred Stones and Thracia 776 as #2 surprises me a lot. And Path of Radiance and Blazing Sword being under them especially and to top this: Shadow Dragon is considered even with those??? It's also weird FE4 did worse than Radiant Dawn.

@ Squidward Sword: There's still this:

And, proudly presenting; da bes:

Also Habanero, your Marth images are always awesome! :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really ****ing don't know but I don't really care either it's funny. :laugh:

dedekong says this place is laughable. I don't think he'll come here, but if he does we'll be waiting.

I'll show this fake wannabe-me how this **** is done. :cool:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Two Wii U rumors:
  • Several studios are returning their Wii U development kits to Nintendo, because they had no ideas about what kind of games would they create.
  • It seems that Nintendo is preparing to lower Wii U's pricing as well as preparing a new bundle consisting of a Wii U basic model packaged with Nintendo Land. It also seems that they're preparing more bundles besides this one.
Saw these on Eurogamer Portugal, but I'm sure you may find this information from other sources.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Maybe if I'm lucky they'll do the Ambassador program for the Wii U and I'll get free **** out of it!
Enjoy your GBA games on the Wii U then. :troll:

Maybe they could launch GameCube games for the console? If they did that, I would buy a Wii U before the price drop, so I could possibly get some GCN games that I never had the chance to play without resorting to buying used GCN games at absurd prices.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You're saying that like it's a bad thing.
It's not bad and I never said it was bad, but still, it makes no sense having games for a portable console on a home console.

If they're going to have an Ambassador program, it would be best if they offered GameCube games.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also in other news, found this page on Tumblr regarding to varies characters.

http://challengerapproaching.tumblr.com/

Feel free to do whatever.

It's not bad and I never said it was bad, but still, it makes no sense having games for a portable console on a home console.
Yes it doesn't make sense, but at the same time complaining about getting games is kind of silly. But if GBA are going to be distributed, they better also do it for the 3DS too just to be fair.

If they're going to have an Ambassador program, it would be best if they offered GameCube games.
I wouldn't mind that, if one of the games is Metroid Prime or Kirby Air Ride.

D

Deleted member

Looking at that page, I find sheer stupidity within it.

Even as a Waluigi fan, the fact they treat Waluigi as a near inevitability as a character is jarring to me. I mean, I like Waluigi as much as the next guy, but I know that he's got limited chance.
Then I see that they claim Mewtwo was replaced, Ridley is unfeasible, Medusa is "pretty damn likely", a 6th Gen Pokémon is inevitable because patterns, etc., and yeah.
Why in the Hell should I take that tumblr seriously?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Never said you had to take it seriously.

It's ****ing tumblr, it's like questioning why a Mexican restaurant sells Mexican food.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So I was gone for a day, and what has happened?
******** about GameFAQs and dedekong.
Wanting Lords in Fire Emblem to be more interesting (That picture of Roy Manly made was neato).
Briefly talked about Takamaru and The Mysterious Murasame Castle.
Oasis found his Fire Emblem counterpart in the form of Cherche.
Pit cosplaying as Chie.
Marth cannot hold all his fabulous.
The Legend of Zelda: Squidward Sword.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
When y'all ain't ******** about me you gotta pick another Kong huh? :smirk:

D

Deleted member

When y'all ain't *****ing about me you gotta pick another Kong huh? :smirk:
We can't help that Kongs tend to be annoying and ignorant. :troll:

As a Klumsha (hybrid between a Klump and a Krusha), my limited tolerance of them is justified.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Also in other news, found this page on Tumblr regarding to varies characters.

http://challengerapproaching.tumblr.com/

Feel free to do whatever.
There's just something that I'd like to clear up that was said:

A lot of people outside of Japan were pretty annoyed when this dude [Lucas] was announced on the Smash Bros. Dojo site back in 2007.
I don't know if this is true or not. Iirc, there were fans that wanted characters from Earthbound (like Poo?), though I don't know how big those characters support was, nor how loud the people who were annoyed with Lucas were.

And yet, now that over half a decade has passed, we have a hunch that Lucas has fallen enough away from the public eye for Nintendo to decide to do away with another clone. Which is a real shame. A large amount of Smash players say that they actually prefer the psychic coward over Ness, because he plays a bit better. Hell, some people even think he’s kind of overpowered.
I haven't even heard of people saying that Lucas is OP. Maybe its' just me? I've been maining low-tier fighters since the original Smash Bros., and believe me, I wouldn't be complaining about Lucas if he's OP (and he'd probably be higher on the tier list). But yeah, I do complain about Lucas sometimes, mostly about his bad recovery. GodDammitWhyDoIKeepGettingGimped. Or being very punishable missing a grab (though I do like how he has powerful throws). And smaller things, but I do like him overall.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
*****ing about GameFAQs and dedekong.
Wanting Lords in Fire Emblem to be more interesting (That picture of Roy Manly made was neato).
Briefly talked about Takamaru and The Mysterious Murasame Castle.
Oasis found his Fire Emblem counterpart in the form of Cherche.
Pit cosplaying as Chie.
Marth cannot hold all his fabulous.
The Legend of Zelda: Squidward Sword.
I guess I didn't miss too much.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I guess I didn't miss too much.
Not really.

I haven't even heard of people saying that Lucas is OP. Maybe its' just me? I've been maining low-tier fighters since the original Smash Bros., and believe me, I wouldn't be complaining about Lucas if he's OP (and he'd probably be higher on the tier list). But yeah, I do complain about Lucas sometimes, mostly about his bad recovery. GodDammitWhyDoIKeepGettingGimped. Or being very punishable missing a grab (though I do like how he has powerful throws). And smaller things, but I do like him overall.
Lucas is a pretty underwhelming character, but I will say that his attacks do seem to sync better then Ness's. Maybe that's just bias talking since I kind of like both Lucas and Ness. However, Lucas is by no means overpowered. Clearly the person that wrote the article did not do the bloody research like the filthy casual he is.

Also being so vulnerable to gimping is pathetic. PK Thunder is such a joke that you can snipe the projectile with another projectile to cancel it out. In particular a good Pit player can use Palutena's Arrow in order to snipe the PK Thunder from pretty much any angle without problems.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I had this impression of Lucas being OP because a lot of his attacks were better than Ness's. Faster and more power Smashes at times, more practical special attacks and just me overally hating how much Ness got nerfed in Brawl.

Though really, I hate when some characters were made worse in Brawl, mostly the majority of veterans. Had to ditch few of my mains because how impotent they became (though Kirby getting buffs was very welcome)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also being so vulnerable to gimping is pathetic. PK Thunder is such a joke that you can snipe the projectile with another projectile to cancel it out. In particular a good Pit player can use Palutena's Arrow in order to snipe the PK Thunder from pretty much any angle without problems.
And let's not forget how ****ty of a recovery move it is. Seriously, what the hell was Sakurai thinking of making this a recovery move?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
And let's not forget how ****ty of a recovery move it is. Seriously, what the hell was Sakurai thinking of making this a recovery move?
That and tether recovery. Seriously grab the ledge and *Ploop* useless move.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In other words, Sakurai and co. can't balance worth a damn.

Thank God for Namco.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Have Namco fighting games been balanced well before then?

Cause I'm pretty damn sure Kilik is God Tier in Soul Calibur 2.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Lucas is a pretty underwhelming character, but I will say that his attacks do seem to sync better then Ness's. Maybe that's just bias talking since I kind of like both Lucas and Ness. However, Lucas is by no means overpowered. Clearly the person that wrote the article did not do the bloody research like the filthy casual he is.
I'd say Lucas is above decent. His moveset allows him to have good options up close and in the air. Buffering tilts or grabs out of N-air and D-air really allows him to get in and deliver some damage up close. He also has that wicked scary aeriall >tilt lock > U-smash combo. Unfortunately he can be grab released into kill %, and his better offensive options don't really comply with the more defensive metagame. So while Lucas isn't really bad he has some important disadvantages caused by the way Brawl is played competitively and the engine (which also gave him a great tool). Lucas is amazing in doubles (2v2s) and in free for alls too so he isn't close garbage if you don't play 1v1s competitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom