• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was pretty good. I regret not being able to watch the entire show due to Disney XD. I want to like Ultimate Spider Man due to all of the Marvel references, but a lot of the jokes just fall flat and it doesn't capture the spirit of the awesome 90's cartoon.

Maybe it's because I haven't seen Sleeping Beauty in forever, but I don't remember Maleficent being that great of a character. I did love seeing Wicked, however, so I would hope this new movie turns out good.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I also love Maleficent. She is probably my favorite Disney Villain, right beside Hades.
Exactly the same for me, my friend. Oogie Boogie being right there with him too just cause he's so fun to listen to and imitate. <3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know who stared in a movie that came out around the same time as hackers but was a lot hotter than Angelina jolie in it?

Halle Berry in Flintstones.

LOL, great movies for them. Flintstones and Hackers

Morbi

Scavenger
Exactly the same for me, my friend. Oogie Boogie being right there with him too just cause he's so fun to listen to and imitate. <3
That dude is my right up there too (as one might infer from my signature). Now that I am actually thinking about it, Disney has some radical villains, but Maleficent has always been up there as she can turn into a dragon. Green Flames > Blue Flames. Also... vines. Yes, vines!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was pretty good. I regret not being able to watch the entire show due to Disney XD. I want to like Ultimate Spider Man due to all of the Marvel references, but a lot of the jokes just fall flat and it doesn't capture the spirit of the awesome 90's cartoon.

Maybe it's because I haven't seen Sleeping Beauty in forever, but I don't remember Maleficent being that great of a character. I did love seeing Wicked, however, so I would hope this new movie turns out good.
I highly suggest watching the Spectacular Spider-Man if you haven't already. It's probably one of the best Super Hero cartoons Marvel ever made. One of the head writers, Greg Weisman made the Gargoyles series. And they manage to capture a lot the spirit and humor of Spider-Man. Though the art style based off of Sean Galloway's art might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I got used to it and it works for a cartoon, since the fight scenes are still so impressive and it flows smoothly. Josh Keaton does the best job voicing Spider-Man since Chris Barnes.

Avengers: EMH was also pretty awesome, but like most of the good Super Hero series to come out in the early 2000's it was cut short.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Shout outs to Hugo Strange, @ Morbi Morbi . Great villain.

@ --- --- Yeaaaah. Marvel's animations have been falling flat for a long time. Ultimate Spidey kills me inch-by-inch every time I watch an episode. I love all of the little nods to the Ultimates brand, the mainstream (626) 'verse, and the movieverse, but it's got nothing else to stand on. Also, the fourth-wall asides where Spidey does his best Deadpool impression are grating sometimes.

Oh? Greg Weisman did Spectacular Spider-Man? *adds that to his growing backlog.*

Smooth Criminal

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I highly suggest watching the Spectacular Spider-Man if you haven't already. It's probably one of the best Super Hero cartoons Marvel ever made. One of the head writers, Greg Weisman made the Gargoyles series. And they manage to capture a lot the spirit and humor of Spider-Man. Though the art style based off of Sean Galloway's art might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I got used to it and it works for a cartoon, since the fight scenes are still so impressive and it flows smoothly. Josh Keaton does the best job voicing Spider-Man since Chris Barnes.

Avengers: EMH was also pretty awesome, but like most of the good Super Hero series to come out in the early 2000's it was cut short.
Yes, watch spectacular spider man

It's a shame it was cancelled

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Yeah the artwork of it is what has me raising an eyebrow despite the popularity (also that there are way too many Spider Man shows lol). I'll definitely have to look into some time, though after I finish some of the older cartoons.

Shout outs to Hugo Strange, @ Morbi Morbi Yeaaaah. Marvel's animations have been falling flat for a long time. Ultimate Spidey kills me inch-by-inch every time I watch an episode. I love all of the little nods to the Ultimates brand, the mainstream (626) 'verse, and the movieverse, but it's got nothing else to stand on. Also, the fourth-wall asides where that Spidey does his best Deadpool impression are grating sometimes.
[/USER]
This. And while I can forgive not being able to get Nolan North to voice him, the episode with Deapool was god awful.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shout outs to Hugo Strange, @ Morbi Morbi . Great villain.

@ --- --- Yeaaaah. Marvel's animations have been falling flat for a long time. Ultimate Spidey kills me inch-by-inch every time I watch an episode. I love all of the little nods to the Ultimates brand, the mainstream (626) 'verse, and the movieverse, but it's got nothing else to stand on. Also, the fourth-wall asides where Spidey does his best Deadpool impression are grating sometimes.

Oh? Greg Weisman did Spectacular Spider-Man? *adds that to his growing backlog.*

Smooth Criminal
My experience with Batman is limited to Adam West version, the animated series, the original movie series, nolan series, and justice league

I'm not too familiar with Hugo strange except 1 episode of a new Batman cartoon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Back on the topic of DVD animated films. I wonder which kinds of X-Men arcs would be a good fit for the format. Maybe a proper Age of Apocalypse story. Or one of the times that the X-Men have to fight that Mojo guy.

DC's got like four animated films on the back burner. One is Justice League War. Two are Batman based. And the last one is rumored to be about Aquaman. I personally would want another one for the Flash myself. Too bad all of their DVD movies are based on the New 52 only now. We never got a Judas Contract film for Teen Titans. Or anything Teen Titans related for that matter.

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
That dude is my right up there too (as one might infer from my signature). Now that I am actually thinking about it, Disney has some radical villains, but Maleficent has always been up there as she can turn into a dragon. Green Flames > Blue Flames. Also... vines. Yes, vines!
Plus Maleficent has the most bad*ss, wickedly awesome fashion; she makes Cruella look like a crackwh*re. LOVE the royal purple and the extremely high necklines and the ridiculous pointed crowns!

I wouldn't have picked Angelina for the role myself... but at least she has SOME experience playing a powerful sorceress (she's the demon-lady from Beowolf right?) Still, I'd like someone more commanding, more fearsome.... Idk, I wish Shelly DuVall were still alive, she could've been a creepy and awesome choice. Also super random that she popped into my head but I'm going with it!!

Same problem for X-Men... they should re-cast Storm with Angela Basset- she looks, and sounds WAY more like Storm than Halle Barry. Don't try to deny it because if you look her up you'll see its true!! She could play Storm SO WELL.

Also speaking of which, and in a half-@ssed attempt to stumble back on topic.... who would you cast as any of the Smash Bros fighters, either confirmed, veteran, or prospective? Any celebrities come to mind immediately for any of them?

For Captain Falcon, I'd cast Chris Evans. Ness? totally going with the kid from the 6th sense, but as he was then. Mario- Screw it, lets bring Bob Hoskins back from the dead to reprise his role as the red plumber from the 1993 movie. For Peach, definitely gotta go with an actual peach. We'll catch a sewer rat and paint it yellow for PIkachu, (toss in some sparks for effect).... oh and New Jersey's governor Chris Christie can play Jigglypuff!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of the later episodes has the sinister six against mobsters with spiderman in the middle and opera music plays in the background

I can't remember the whole thing

But it was awesome

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Back on the topic of DVD animated films. I wonder which kinds of X-Men arcs would be a good fit for the format. Maybe a proper Age of Apocalypse story. Or one of the times that the X-Men have to fight that Mojo guy.

DC's got like four animated films on the back burner. One is Justice League War. Two are Batman based. And the last one is rumored to be about Aquaman. I personally would want another one for the Flash myself. Too bad all of their DVD movies are based on the New 52 only now. We never got a Judas Contract film for Teen Titans. Or anything Teen Titans related for that matter.
A proper Age of Apocalypse story? Hellz yeah! Would surely make up for what the 2nd season of Wolverine and the X-Men was leading up to (with Apocalypse) which got cancelled. Of course, any arc with Poccy as an animated film would do fine for me, as he's practically fresh now compared to most of the other villains, with how he hasn't been used in like years.

Yeah. Almost forgot, need to catch up again on my DC animated films sometime. And yes, that is a shame about Teen Titans.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
One of the later episodes has the sinister six against mobsters with spiderman in the middle and opera music plays in the background

But it was awesome
Didn't Spider-Man take on Tombstone underground that time?

Also, yeah. Angela Basset would be a better fit for Storm.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Didn't Spider-Man take on Tombstone underground that time?

Also, yeah. Angela Basset would be a better fit for Storm.
Tombstone was the leader of the mobsters, but I don't remember any specifics

And somehow Tombstone was a public figurehead

Who the hell would trust someone that has razor sharp teeth and grey skin?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tombstone was the leader of the mobsters, but I don't remember any specifics

And somehow Tombstone was a public figurehead

Who the hell would trust someone that has razor sharp teeth and grey skin?
He was a fill in for the Kingpin. And a damn good one at that. They couldn't use him for one reason or another. It's all company contracts for TV,Movies, and other such junk.

Also in the world of Comic books, civilians are really dumb. They won't trust Spider-Man(sometimes)or The X-Men despite the thousands of times they saved their asses. Yet Tombstone is a perfectly cool dude. Norman Osborn leading a team of "reformed" villains is cool too, nothing can go wrong with that.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
In stark contrast to the regrettable disappointment that is Yoshi's "New" Island, it appears the previews for the upcoming Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are glowingly fantastic; in fact, dare I say, perhaps a foretelling proclamation for high-ranked quality we can fully expect from Retro Studios.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/20/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-the-wii-u-strikes-back
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fe...ey-kong-country-tropical-freeze/1100-6417204/

So far, Nintendo seems to be directing Tropical Freeze into the pathway of the rosy highroad, especially with the commendatory previews. I'd be considerably hard-pressed for Masahiro Sakurai to not commemorate the month of February without, at the very least, Donkey Kong-related material (pertaining to either stages, items, or a returning veteran in Diddy Kong/debuting newcomer in King K. Rool and/or Dixie Kong).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
In stark contrast to the regrettable disappointment that is Yoshi's "New" Island, it appears the previews for the upcoming Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are glowingly fantastic; in fact, dare I say, perhaps a foretelling proclamation for high-ranked quality we can fully expect from Retro Studios.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/20/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-the-wii-u-strikes-back
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fe...ey-kong-country-tropical-freeze/1100-6417204/

So far, Nintendo seems to be directing Tropical Freeze into the pathway of the rosy highroad, especially with the commendatory previews. I'd be considerably hard-pressed for Masahiro Sakurai to not commemorate the month of February without, at the very least, Donkey Kong-related material (pertaining to either stages, items, or a returning veteran in Diddy Kong/debuting newcomer in King K. Rool and/or Dixie Kong).
Maybe Nintendo needs to let Retro Studios make a new Yoshi game...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe Nintendo needs to let Retro Studios make a new Yoshi game...
Nah, that seems more like Hal's job. I think Retro should keep it up with Donkey Kong and Metroid. And then throw in the occasional Star Fox game. At least, that's what I would do.

I don't know why but a part of me wants that "leak" to be true and another part of me does NOT want it to be true despite my semi support for Palutena

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
yeah, the kirby team probably are the ones who should make a new yoshi game.

also, the biggest thing that was unnappealing to me in yoshi's island DS (and this NEW one too) was the music, it's way too calm. it's not anything close to the yoshi's Island SNES soundtrack and just plain boring.

hold onto your hats, because you're just going to slump over and your hat is going to fall off.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

But it was awesome
It wasn't the sinister six, it was just tombstone, Doc Oct, and silvermane. That episode was gangland iirc.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That would be an awkward but funny partnership.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
...is anyone here?

Gosh, you'd think people would post here more often, given how much they seems to like talking about random stuff in other threads.

Edit: in any case: here, have some jammin' tunes:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, I noticed this place as a whole had been unusually inactive for a Saturday. Well, guess I'll be hangin' out somewhere other than home tomorrow.

And nice tunes so far.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since we don't really have a topic at the moment, let's discuss this rumor for Hyrule Warriors. This originated from /v/ and was spread on Gamefaqs. Some of it seems good, but falls flat at some parts (Story Mode, guests, ect.). What do you think?

* The game is being aimed at Western Musou fans, as Zelda is very popular in the West compared to Japan. It is planned to be released in the West first in Fall 2014, and the game's script and dialouge is being built around the localization as mentioned before.
* A Zelda first, the game will have full voice-acting, except for Link who, as tradition, will only grunt. The English dub is being prioritized and the script written around it, while the Japanese version, being released a bit later, will have a Japanese dub. It's unlikely the English version will have dual-audio since it's being released first, but could be released as DLC.
* The game will be "more difficult" that traditional Musou games to appeal to Western fans, while still accessible to classic Zelda fans who are unfamiliar with the Musou franchise. There's more focus on defending and evasion rather than using brute force, for example, and even some basic "puzzles" placed within the levels. But it will be just as fast-paced and fun though according to the developers.
* Link, Zelda (+ Shiek), Ganondorf (+ Ganon), and Impa are the only pre-existing Zelda characters slated to be playable, apparently because they are the "mainstay" characters of the franchise who appear in different forms throughout the mythos. Tingle is not planned to be included due to his lack of popularity in the West.
* Aonuma and the Zelda team are creating a plethora of new, original characters that will be playable, the titular "Hyrule Warriors", which they hope will become popular among fans. Although they are new creations, they incorporate pre-existing elements of the franchise (such as the idea of Seven Sages, and the various races) and will not feel alien to Zelda fans. The playable roster will be around 25 or so.
* The game utilizes a version of Dynasty Warriors' "Weapon System" for Link, where he has his Sword as his primary weapon, but can also switch to a secondary weapon that changes up his basic moveset, such as the Flame Rod.
* The other playable characters are locked to using their signature weapon (these weapons include some of the same ones Link can use as his secondary weapon), but have longer combo strings, their own Musou attacks, and unique abilities to help them stand out and make up for the lack of weapon diversity Link has.
* Zelda and Ganondorf are unique in that they can "transform" using their Musou Gauge into Shiek and Ganon respectively, changing up their movesets. Zelda normally uses the Bow and Arrow, but as Shiek is armed with throwing knives and much faster. Ganondorf normally fights with a Spear, but as Ganon is larger and uses the classic Trident.
* Impa, her design based on the Ocarina version, is Zelda's bodyguard and fights using a Japanese-styled sword. Another one of Zelda's bodyguards is a comical Captain of the Guard who uses the Ball-And-Chain.
* There are a Moblin and Stalfos Boss that serve Ganondorf which are playable, as well as a new Gerudo character who has a "love-hate" relationship with him.
* The Blue-haired girl seen in the reveal trailer is named "Ryuna", and fights using the "Book of Mudora" as her primary weapon to cast magical spells. She's one of Link's "childhood friends" and an ally character.
* Link's other "childhood friend" is a short, red-headed guy named Nid, who fights using the Hammer. Him and Ryuna due to their names are apparently related to the Goddesses.
* The Seven Sages are all playable, but they are new characters instead of the pre-existing Seven Sages. There is a Deku Scrub, Goron, and Zora among their ranks.
* There are three Nintendo Guest Characters planned, Takamaru, Pit, and Samus, who have new make-overs to fit within the Zelda Universe. Samus for example has a more "ancient" looking Power Suit, and Pit is a bit older looking. Takamaru will draw from his previous Samurai Warriors appearance.
* The game's plot is an original story overseen by the Zelda team that focuses on a war between Zelda and Ganon's forces to find the Triforce, with Link joining up on Zelda's side. Although it will not fit within the central timeline, it borrows heavily from established Zelda mythos, specifically the Link To the Past and Ocarina of Time, the most well-known among stories of Hyrule.
* The game's Story Mode focuses on Link's role in the Hyrule War, and you only play as him, but as you go through levels, you find new Weapons to utilize. You also can walk around Kakariko Town between battles and buy weapons and items. After beating the central Story Mode, you're able to play new, more difficult episodes that focus on the other playable characters where you play as them and see their side of the story. In Free Mode, you can replay any level as any character. Finally, there is also a Mode that is akin to "Ambition Mode" in DW8, where you must build up Hyrule Castle by battling through miniature stages.
* The Stages and Enemies will be drawn from throughout the Zelda Series. The trailer showed an early build, as the final version will have new models for the Bokoblin and Lizalfos as opposed to using their Skyward Sword models, and other returning enemies will also have a new look to fit the game.
* Characters can Level Up by defeating enemies, increasing their various stats, except for Health, which is increased by finding Heart Pieces in Story Mode by completing special missions and in Treasure Chests. Characters share Heart Pieces, and you can choose how many Heart Pieces you wish to use for each battle, with some rewards being given to those that play with less Hearts. There is also the traditional Difficulty Select, including the mainstay "Chaos" for skilled players.
* You can bring extra items like Bombs and Potions into battle to help you. During battle you also find temporary power-up items, and rupees used to buy new versions of weapons and your shield.
* The Magic Meter charges up during battle like the Musou Bar, when it's filled you can utilize a character-specific "Team Ability" that powers up your entire army for a duration.
* The game is planned to include 2P, couch and online, as well as various DLC being planned such as new stages and costumes. There's no plans for DLC characters however.[/spoiler]

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
* There are three Nintendo Guest Characters planned, Takamaru, Pit, and Samus, who have new make-overs to fit within the Zelda Universe. Samus for example has a more "ancient" looking Power Suit, and Pit is a bit older looking. Takamaru will draw from his previous Samurai Warriors appearance.
Aside from this bit, all that seem mostly plausible. And the only thing about this part that sounds off to me is Samus(seriously? Samus, but no FE character?).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aside from this bit, all that seam mostly plausible. And the only thing about this part that sounds off to me is Samus(seriously? Samus, but no FE character?).
Just the idea of an ancient Samus just seems laughable and random. Yeah, Marth would be a better fit since the Dynasty Warriors games do involve wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom