• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Well yeah there's that too. :laugh:
But at the same time seeing that also makes me Ponder is Sakurai just showing that stage and character for reason ? or is just more to show on the stage ah the mysterious sakurai is like looking to a advance version of wheres waldo book

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
HA! I knew that conductor Link would be gone if Toon Link fights on the stage and I was right.
uuuuuh they showed a pic before with toon link and conductor link side by side each other also conductor link is toon links ancestor and i don't think that would make anything wrong unless conductor link kills toon link and also speaking of zelda omg i love this theme
i mean man looking back on wind waker if think about it wind waker was darker then it should've been

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
uuuuuh they showed a pic before with toon link and conductor link side by side each other also conductor link is toon links ancestor and i don't think that would make anything wrong unless conductor link kills toon link and also speaking of zelda omg i love this theme
i mean man looking back on wind waker if think about it wind waker was darker then it should've been
It's not about The Wind Waker & Spirit Tracks having two different Links, it's about the Toon artstyle. Toon Link does not represent The Wind Waker alone but any of the 6 Zelda games that uses this artstyle.

Oh, and fyi, the game Four Swords (that uses the Toon artstyle) came out BEFORE The Wind Waker did.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
It's not about The Wind Waker & Spirit Tracks having two different Links, it's about the Toon artstyle. Toon Link does not represent The Wind Waker alone but any of the 6 Zelda games that uses this artstyle.

Oh, and fyi, the game Four Swords (that uses the Toon artstyle) came out BEFORE The Wind Waker did.
Yep it did

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
[quote="The Original Robot boy, post: 16247851, member: 221044"i mean man looking back on wind waker if think about it wind waker was darker then it should've been[/quote]
This goes to show how art style affects how we perceive/expect things. When you get right to it, Wind Waker had a much more violent finishing move on Ganondorf than the more realistic Twilight Princess.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
What sense does removing Conductor Link when someone plays as Toon Link?

To remove a possible paradox? Well that doesn't really work when more one person can play the same character.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

To remove a possible paradox? Well that doesn't really work when more one person can play the same character.
Not to mention, Link and Young Link in Melee is probably an even bigger paradox anyway. But yeah, this move was pretty unnecessary as the two look different enough aesthetically anyway. I think there may be a possibility that Toon Link will probably be getting the Conductor outfit as an alternate costume which would probably be why they replaced Conductor Link whenever Toon Link is put into play...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Nope. I think I get Sakurai's point of view in this scenario. Toon Link is an artstyle, not one specific Link. So outside of obviously four players playing one of each, there can only be one Toon Link at a time. Keep in mind Young and Adult Link are different artstyles overall due to their size.

I do think it's silly, or maybe it means he can have the Conductor costume. :grin:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I am leaning to the possibility that Toon Link might get the conductor outfit as an alternate costume. Or maybe it's just the Outset clothing.... or both... or neither.... :dizzy:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We just got some Mighty No. 9 screen shots. It's still in the alpha stages. But it looks good. In one screen shot we see an emblem for a burst of energy and one for a boot. I wonder what's so special about that boot. Maybe it makes Beck run faster. Or let's him jump higher. Just guessing. Either way, I guess I'm a little more interested than I already was.

Side note, I like the look of the health gauge. It's got a cool style to it, very similar to what Beck has on his arms and legs.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of TMNT, Nintendo just posted a Yoshi video with the title, "It's a shell of a time"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Speaking of TMNT, Nintendo just posted a Yoshi video with the title, "It's a shell of a time"
Glad to know I wasn't crazy when I heard that. Pretty sure that was in the 2003 Ninja Turtles theme song. I can remember that theme a little too well.

D

Deleted member

Matthew from BitF is back since a few days.

And, as always, his work never gets old.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think it looks like a mediocre game, which is disappointing because I really enjoyed Yoshi's Island
What exactly is NEW about it? The last trailer I saw there was LITERALLY nothing in it that wasn't from Yoshi's Island besides stuff being big.

This is like a new low. New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't even near this level of rehash. This barely even qualifies as a new game. It's more like Conker: Live and Reloaded. A remake with twists in it. Except this has new levels which is Nintendo's apparent definition of a "new" game.

It looks uninspired and like nothing more than a level pack for the original Yoshi's Island.

But I wouldn't say it looks bad.
Well, on top of that the controls look sluggish and the levels look empty and basic. And the music sounds annoying compared to the music from the original. It's like an Elmo game or something gameplay wise.

Would have just preferred Yoshi's Story 3D if they weren't even going to make the effort to attempt something different.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
yeah Yoshi's new island is so meh all around. its not appealing at all. I didn't even like Yoshi's island ds though so.....
most of the comments on youtube even say how uninspiring this game looks. its just so damn boring looking.
yarn Yoshi pls

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Actually it pretty much was, what with not even trying to come up with a Raccoon suit substitute and having the exact same structure as every Mario game since NSMBWii.
Honestly I liked it. ...But I agree, heck they didn't even bother to make new music!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well here's the thing. Everyone's gonna ****ing buy the game because as long as they are assured it's "New" they'll be like. "OH MY GOD! REMEMBER YOSHI'S ISLAND! IT'S A NEW YOSHI'S ISLAND!".

I honestly believe that's why it's called "New Island". There isn't actually anything new in it so they are using false advertising.

Rehashing is just Nintendo's new thing now. They're always like "Remember Link To The Past!? Remember Super Mario World!? Remember Yoshi's Island!?". I'm just so glad they didn't do this with 3D World and Tropical Freeze. They spend so much time trying to be what the original classics were that they don't realize that Super Mario Bros. 3 and Link to The Past WAS NEW when it came out!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
^^^ pretty much. anyone getting sick of Nintendo doing this??? now I was worried that ALBW was going to be the same way but I honestly LOVED that game, so I havnt lost all hope. but DAMN I hate that they do this **** and yet say "you want a new F-Zero? sorry but we cant do anything NEW with that durrhurr"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom