• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The gameplay footage, most of the time, reinforces their belief that Smash 4 will be Brawl 2.0 actually.
How? seems faster to me. Sure not as fast as Melee, but at least quicker than Brawl.
But, then again, this is the fanbase that wouldn't trust interviews of Sakurai because someone translated for him.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Another problem with that Star Fox thing is that Platinum's Hideki Kamiya stated he doesn't want to make a Star Fox game anymore because people would not stop bugging him about it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Another problem with that Star Fox thing is that Platinum's Hideki Kamiya stated he doesn't want to make a Star Fox game anymore because people would not stop bugging him about it.
Wait, what? New Star Fox game? Where?
Edit: Found it.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
How? seems faster to me. Sure not as fast as Melee, but at least quicker than Brawl.
But, then again, this is the fanbase that wouldn't trust interviews of Sakurai because someone translated for him.
How you ask? There are 2 words that can answer that. stupidity or idiocy. Take your pick of which word you would rather use.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I found out that CWC, aka Chris-Chan, has a Facebook account yesterday. His house was just recently burned down, apparently from a coffee brewer he keeps in the bathroom (like that's not a recipe for disaster). All his statuses and comments relating to it got a bunch of likes which he hated.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Could just be to throw people off, he says he's done with it and won't make the game so people will stop bugging him, then he makes the game while he has more peace due to said people not bugging him. Stranger things have happened, anyway.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I found out that CWC, aka Chris-Chan, has a Facebook account yesterday. His house was just recently burned down, apparently from a coffee brewer he keeps in the bathroom (like that's not a recipe for disaster). All his statuses and comments relating to it got a bunch of likes which he hated.
I'm disappointed that he's still active somehow.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Tsk, Facebook. I went to its Smash page to check out those new Zelda pics, and pretty much every post's "top comment" was some variation on "lol wheres falcno."

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Anyone know what's up with the social forums being down? I don't like it out here. It is truly a dark and scary place.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh, so we are sharing? Fine, but you are the one taking care of the Lumas. I'll be busy with Rosalina while you are doing that. :troll:
Well, I didn't mean it quite like that initially, but okay.. Never been that much of a babysitter though, but whatever makes her loveappreciate me more than you in the long run! ~ Unless of course we share some responsibilities, because no one ever said being princess of the cosmos was easy.

Okay... Done being weird there.

Anyone know what's up with the social forums being down? I don't like it out here. It is truly a dark and scary place.
Huh. Apparently you weren't added to the PM conversation over the status of them strangely enough (just noticed), but pages 3 and 4 of this thread pretty much explain what happened to 'em...

http://smashboards.com/threads/smashboards-upgraded.344845/page-3

tl;dr version: They're probably not coming back at this point, for probably more reasons than AZ's willing to tell us (keep in mind it takes money just to maintain them for us). You can fight tooth and nail with some of the others to try and get 'em back if you want, but it'll likely do ya no good. What's that saying, all good things must come to an end?

There's currently some plan on regrouping/rebuilding elsewhere off-site for our social forum needs though in case we're presuming right, but nothing concrete yet.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, Minecraft came to XBOX partially because Minecraft clones were doing great on the XBOX

One of those Minecraft clones should come to Nintendo, since Minecraft isn't planning on coming to it

It might just end up pushing Minecraft to come to Nintendo

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I used to play MC, but I got horribly bored after a year or so...

You know, Minecraft came to XBOX partially because Minecraft clones were doing great on the XBOX

One of those Minecraft clones should come to Nintendo, since Minecraft isn't planning on coming to it

It might just end up pushing Minecraft to come to Nintendo
I remember seeing you a few times on the MC forums. Agreed though, the Wii U gamepad is just screaming for great Minecraft potential.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Looking at more of these pics of Zelda, it really looks like they just took the Skyward Sword Zelda and threw her in the TP Zelda outfit (sans wider eyes). Especially that clear close up picture of her on Battlefield (and even her Character Art on the website).

I'm so curious to see what Shiek will look like. Obviously using the design in Brawl but possibly looking slightly younger?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of character voices, which characters do you think will have their voice actors changed?

I think Pit and Sonic have been confirmed to have different actors this time, being the same as Uprising and the newer Sonic games, respectively. (I don't have a source, but I've read somewhere that the actors themselves stated that.)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Speaking of character voices, which characters do you think will have their voice actors changed?

I think Pit and Sonic have been confirmed to have different actors this time, being the same as Uprising and the newer Sonic games, respectively. (I don't have a source, but I've read somewhere that the actors themselves stated that.)
Didn't also Rosalina's voice change?
Anyway I'm hoping they'll drop that realistic feral voice for Donkey Kong and Bowser and give them their real cartoonish voice.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It'd be interesting if Fox gets his old Brawl actor back.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
As long as Wolf gets something more like his Assault voice (or the British sounding SF64 voice, which I doubt) and not that awful Brawl voice I'll probably be fine with whatever VA's most of the characters get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom