• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Brace yourselves Next Gen is upon us!

:glare:
That reminds me, I'll just leave this here.

With how even the xbone hates itself this early on ( :troll: ), not even any old Rare IPs M$ pulls out of its butt that it's sat on for so long (Killer Instinct) can likely help it that much at this point.

A baby? Oh yeah, that's right. Congrats Diddy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No no no, the best way Sakurai can celebrate this is with the reveal of
Sheik
who transforms into

Toon Sheik

:troll:

:awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No no no, the best way Sakurai can celebrate this is with the reveal of
Sheik
who transforms into

Toon Sheik

:troll:

:awesome:
I can't help but picture you as Mom from Futurama now.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The stone men return, it seems.
I imagined Entei saying this while giving the most stern and serious stare as if he was expecting to attack or something or knew he would have to knock them down eventually. XD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yup, that'll do nicely, thank you. ¦D

Such a good movie. Easily one of the best, if not THE best.

D

Deleted member

I agree, and it's not just because I like Entei.

In fact, it was rewatching the movie again after a few years that made Entei one of my favs.
I know it seems rather cliché, but if I were to ever have a daughter, I'd probably be like Entei was to Molly.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I agree, and it's not just because I like Entei.

In fact, it was rewatching the movie again after a few years that made Entei one of my favs.
I know it seems rather cliché, but if I were to ever have a daughter, I'd probably be like Entei was to Molly.
For me, it's for...Honestly how the entirety of the movie itself was constructed.

But these guys and can explain what I mean easily. =D

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I remember seeing a few parts of that movie when I was younger but I never saw the full thing..... unsurprisingly I mostly remember it because of the talking Entei that acted as a father figure to Molly.

I'll have to watch the whole movie sometime. The only Pokemon movies that I've watched completely are Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Destiny Deoxys and the Rise of Darkrai.

I recall watching most of one movie that involved a Pirate as the main antagonist. I forgot what that one is called though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I recall watching most of one movie that involved a Pirate as the main antagonist. I forgot what that one is called though.
Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea.

Aka, the one with Manaphy and Kyogre in it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I remember seeing a few parts of that movie when I was younger but I never saw the full thing..... unsurprisingly I mostly remember it because of the talking Entei that acted as a father figure to Molly.

I'll have to watch the whole movie sometime. The only Pokemon movies that I've watched completely are Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Destiny Deoxys and the Rise of Darkrai.

Greninja'd...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pokemon 1 and 2 were my favorite movies, but I'm not sure if I've seen all of them

D

Deleted member

I'm curious to see what this Suede team has to say about Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
In my opinion, that was the best movie made and sadly, the last one I actually liked. Everything since was mediocre to me.

And unlike previous films I found mediocre, I don't have a nostalgia filter for them.

@Wave regarding Silver : Your threats are NO USE

@Diddy having a baby : Congrats :D

@IsmaR with the Peach pic : If anyone is Toad in that picture, I think that's probably me (But it's more of you but I support Toad and all so ****)

@Shion : A new baby is the biggest deal ever to a parent.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm curious to see what this Suede team has to say about Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
In my opinion, that was the best movie made and sadly, the last one I actually liked. Everything since was mediocre to me.

And unlike previous films I found mediocre, I don't have a nostalgia filter for them.
The whole thing is that the team has to review ALL of the Pokemon movies. the 3rd one is as far as they've gotten so far, so they'll get to the others ones after 4Ever which is what everyone is waiting on right now. (And have been for ages now).

But to clarify, Suede is the guy in the middle, Linkara is the one with the fedora and Jewario is...Well, that's obvious. XD

Going back to the movie you mentioned, how about that fight between Ash and Lucario in the river? XD

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I knew who Linkara and Jewario were so I figured Suede was the other guy

I forgot how good the third movie was before that

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Pokemon: The First Movie and Pokemon 2000 are my favorites not just because I'm a nostalgic 90's kid, but also because I genuinely like the films.

Jirachi Wish Maker is one of my favorites as well, but it's only really because of "nostalgia", if you could call it, for...2003/2004. =P
It's decent, but not as good as the first two films. I mean, Ash's Treecko didn't even appear in the film aside from the intro and the Gotta Dance short.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is a cool film. The tree of life and its fossil Pokemon-shaped antibodies were interesting, and it's one of the few Pokemon films that talks about death more. (if I remember)

I can't say I care too much about the recent films. Most recent one I saw was the Victini and Reshiram/Zekrom one on Cartoon Network.

I used to have the first two films on VHS (they were thrown away when we moved) and still have Jirachi Wish Maker on DVD.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
All you lucky people, I've only seen the the first movie (which I saw for the first time last month), 4Ever and Heroes.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
There's this repetitive pattern I see in the Pokemon films that is apparently added for dramatic effect.
Y'know, when the main Pokemon is (apparently) killed or seriously injured and then comes back to life later. (Giratina, Darkai, Victini, Lugia, Arceus, etc.)
The only two Pokemon who are killed off for real are Latios and Lucario. (haven't seen the more recent films so I don't know about them)

It's not necessarily a bad thing, as it plays off well for some of the films, but it just feels overly dramatic and cheesy in others.

I like 2000 mostly because I like the song in it
Yeeeah boi.

Apparently, so did Herman Cain. ¦D
Oh yeah.
I never cared for him, but you have to admit it was pretty awesome when he quoted the lyrics for "The Power of One".

I don't want to derail the thread too much, so how about the pic of the day?

Oh, looks like Arena Ferox changes during the battle.
Why that doesn't resemble something from Castle Siege at all.

And has anyone seen this yet?
http://www.examiner.com/article/sup...and-3ds-director-explains-balancing-procedure

-----

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I personally thought Herman Cain was a better Republican choice than McCain but whatever

I'm not too into politics because the more I get into it the more pissed I get at everything

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
To be fair, when you take off the nostalgia glasses, there's nothing about the Pokemon anime (movies included) that's really objectively good...

Pokemon Origins is where it's at baby.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
To be fair, when you take off the nostalgia glasses, there's nothing about the Pokemon anime (movies included) that's really objectively good...

Oh shut up with that bull****. XD

There without a doubt things in the main series that have been enjoyable when you're not watching it with the close-minded "WAAH IT'S NOT LIKE THE GAMES/MANGA" mentality. Is it perfect? Of course not. It has PLENTY of flaws. But ti's enjoyable and can be fun and in the end, that's what matters.

Well, that, and that the kids love it. Let's all remember that they're the ones this is all for, even now. We just happen to be old people who still like it. ¦D

Origins was okay, but it's not as perfect as people hype it up to be at all. Sure it was exciting when it first came out, but that period of hype is gone. On it's own, it really needs more than what it has. It could benefit from being longer and fleshing out the very different aspects out a bit since, shocker to some of you, not everyone knows and understands them. And don't try to pull some elitist "But this is only for the TRUE fans of Pokemon who already know everything" BS on me either, because that's most certainly not the case. It's a reboot for a reason.

At any rate, the people who wrote and animate Origins are doing Pokemon XY's anime right now and so far it really shows. It's been shaping up to be a very decent series and I'm hoping it continues to do so and expands further as it goes along. As long as it's exciting and entertaining and engaging like Origins was but with more substance and room to flesh things out, I'll be very satisfied. :3

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

The earlier seasons were pretty good but a bit cheesy.
Pokemon Origins disappointed me, the only part that I really liked was the battle against Mewtwo. The first episode was okay too but felt like I was watching the normal anime with different characters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The earlier seasons were pretty good but a bit cheasy.
Pokemon Origins disappointed me, the only part that I really liked was the battle against Mewtwo. The first episode was okay too but felt like I was watching the normal anime with different characters.
I liked the part where Blastoise got hit by Megaton Punch and he was all like

"That's the best you got?"

But then they ruined it by having Charizard beat him

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh shut up with that bull****. XD

There without a doubt things in the main series that have been enjoyable when you're not watching it with the close-minded "WAAH IT'S NOT LIKE THE GAMES/MANGA" mentality. Is it perfect? Of course not. It has PLENTY of flaws. But ti's enjoyable and can be fun and in the end, that's what matters.

Well, that, and that the kids love it. Let's all remember that they're the ones this is all for, even now. We just happen to be old people who still like it. ¦D

Origins was okay, but it's not as perfect as people hype it up to be at all. Sure it was exciting when it first came out, but that period of hype is gone. On it's own, it really needs more than what it has. It could benefit from being longer and fleshing out the very different aspects out a bit since, shocker to some of you, not everyone knows and understands them. And don't try to pull some elitist "But this is only for the TRUE fans of Pokemon who already know everything" BS on me either, because that's most certainly not the case. It's a reboot for a reason.

At any rate, the people who wrote and animate Origins are doing Pokemon XY's anime right now and so far it really shows. It's been shaping up to be a very decent series and I'm hoping it continues to do so and expands further as it goes along. As long as it's exciting and entertaining and engaging like Origins was but with more substance and room to flesh things out, I'll be very satisfied. :3
I see where you're coming from on all that, but disagree on most of it, tbh. Much of it is subjective anyway.

It's not like one has to be nitpicky about the anime not being like the games or manga for them to not like it. Admittedly though, if it had the kind of maturity the manga did instead of being the quick kid-friendly cash-grab that it is (and the thing most responsible for Pokemon having the "kiddy" image that it does to people), I'd probably still watch it to this day.

You're right. Origins is in no way perfect. My biggest problem was that it summarized up too much of Red's journey, like Brock and Giovanni being like the only gym leaders we really saw him battle. On that note though, Giovanni's character as a Team Rocket leader was much more interesting there than his regular anime self, who was a typical Saturday morning cartoon villain.

... So does that mean the latest season of the anime actually has better writing than before, and not, you know, the same predictable **** that led to people easily outgrowing or losing interest in it after awhile?

The earlier seasons were pretty good but a bit cheesy.
The first bit I can agree to.
The battles with Giovanni were pretty much as intense IMO, but to each their own. The other characters were more (if not exactly) like the NPCs in the games than they were like other/different characters in the anime. Plus it's not like you saw Blue having his own cheerleader squad like Gary or anything.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
... So does that mean the latest season of the anime actually has better writing than before now, and not, you know, the same predictable **** that led to people easily outgrowing or losing interest in it after awhile?
So far.

And I say that because I am still cautious. XY has had a very powerful start. I just hope it doesn't go into an absolutely terrible downward spiral like the first season of Best Wishes did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom