• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzi

Smash Master
I can imagine it all now. Next Nintendo direct iwata is talking then the topic changes to smash brothers.

"Many of you might be wondering why mr sakurai did not reveal a pokemon related character during the release of pokemon x and pokemon y. Well we've got something special for those of you who are viewing right now.....please take a look...."

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I bought Birth By Sleep, but I never got a chance to finish going through everybody's stories, so I'm very much looking forward to the remake being on PS3, since I'm not even sure where my brother's PSP is now, and I liked the game a lot.
If you played through Terra's campaign, then you have 80% of the story figured out. They should have saved his for last because, although it is somewhat predictable, it is the most revealing and dramatic.

Kingdom Hearts started going downhill when they began distributing titles across completely different lines of platforms. For a time, it seemed like the series broke out of the child-game expectations with its heavy concepts in Chain of Memories and it was looking like the ball was going to keep rolling. Then all the forces driving the core of the games stopped - Few interesting things to think about, constantly abandoned story arcs, virtually zero Square-Enix franchises represented, and short stories spread out over 60 hours of gameplay.

I am fully away Kingdom Hearts is deeply entrenched in Disney elements, but this franchise has utterly failed to grow with its audience. Kingdom Hearts III is without a doubt going to be marketed towards and developed for young child. It's sad to note that by the time the game is released, the age of the median gamer will be the same number of years between the release of Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts III.

It's a petty grievance, but the Keyblade Armors ended up being anti-climactic too. The mysterious entities in the secret ending of vanilla Kingdom Hearts II were looking like the next installment was going to take the franchise into very serious territory, but their size and intimidation were dramatically reduced to looking like Power Ranger spin-offs.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If you played through Terra's campaign, then you have 80% of the story figured out. They should have saved his for last because, although it is somewhat predictable, it is the most revealing and dramatic.

Kingdom Hearts started going downhill when they began distributing titles across completely different lines of platforms. For a time, it seemed like the series broke out of the child-game expectations with its heavy concepts in Chain of Memories and it was looking like the ball was going to keep rolling. Then all the forces driving the core of the games stopped - Few interesting things to think about, constantly abandoned story arcs, virtually zero Square-Enix franchises represented, and short stories spread out over 60 hours of gameplay.

I am fully away Kingdom Hearts is deeply entrenched in Disney elements, but this franchise has utterly failed to grow with its audience. Kingdom Hearts III is without a doubt going to be marketed towards and developed for young child. It's sad to note that by the time the game is released, the age of the median gamer will be the same number of years between the release of Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts III.

It's a petty grievance, but the Keyblade Armors ended up being anti-climactic too. The mysterious entities in the secret ending of vanilla Kingdom Hearts II were looking like the next installment was going to take the franchise into very serious territory, but their size and intimidation were dramatically reduced to looking like Power Ranger spin-offs.
And this is why I'm one of those "crazy" KH fans that thinks KH has WAY too much Disney and not enough FF or anything else Square period. XD

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Holy crap!

By reset the entire game... you mean delete your data?
Sorry for late reply, and yes to the question. While I don't have the game just yet, better to be safe than sorry after all. Tbh, a friend at Deviantart showed me that. Be safe. D:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sorry for late reply, and yes to the question. While I don't have the game just yet, better to be safe than sorry after all. Tbh, a friend at Deviantart showed me that. Be safe. D:
Apparently, there are workarounds that do not resort to starting the game over:
Shut down the game and remove the SD card. Load the game again, exit Lumiose City, save again, turn off 3DS, insert SD card and voilà.
The wireless connections should be off too.

Anyway, I think Game Freak and Nintendo should be informed of this bug and get it fixed with a DLC patch.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thanx for the warning. But I pretty much never save in city streets anyways. I save either inside buildings or routes and not much more.

Guys, check this out. You won't regret knowing important info regarding not only Smash but also about video games and even life

EDIT : Just saw the KH III trailer. Graphics? Um.... Honest opinion? Okay well -----

It's okay. Gameplay wise, looks the same as the old kingdom hearts which I have no qualms against.

Overall and surprisingly, not that hyped

Just me but I find all these use of the word "Mix" and "Remix" with kingdom hearts funny. I don't know why. I just find it as funny as how much zippers exists in this game :rotfl:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
A rare lightning bolt that transforms characters into 8-bit graphics could be cool. The opponents would be able to walk and have one jump, but not to perform any moves. But the effects are brief. G&W could be unaffected.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman

Well i see your point about the overwhelming amount of ****ty spin offs such as coded, X(chi), and 358/days. I really didnt like those games AT ALL. Even if i am a really REALLY BIG KH fan. Id never buy those three. But the other games that were released such as BBS,kh1,COM, Kh2, and DDD are all probably the best ones they have made. Aside from that, i agree that the story is pretty hectic. I love the story and its elements but if you arent really into the series you'll never get it. Which is kinda disappointing when you think about it. There are plenty of Cliff hangers throughout the entire story, especially with the characters. And that part kills me in a way lol. But all in all, its a great game in my eyes aside from the story dilemmas and ****ty side stories. And I STILL will buy 2.5 remix, and KH3 because i cant live without them due to my over the top fanboyism for the series.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The new EXP Share is broken as hell.
Poke-amie is broken as hell if you get the affection high enough. Your pokemon will act as if they have a focus sash and endure hits that would otherwise K.O them, not to mention increased evasion, permanent 20% exp boost and quicker recovery from things like confusion & sleep.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So what are you guys doing in regards to your teams? I'm still going through story mode so I'm just clearing it with that in mind. Post-game, I'll get to working on a more competitive team with things like EV training and breeding.

I just need to find a **** Ditto.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So what are you guys doing in regards to your teams? I'm still going through story mode so I'm just clearing it with that in mind. Post-game, I'll get to working on a more competitive team with things like EV training and breeding.

I just need to find a **** Ditto.
Dittos can only be found in Pokemon Village, which is near the end of the game. They're rare, too. I'm breeding for Fennekins right now.

Also just tried Pokemon-amie with my Talonflame. Kinda cool; it's basically Nintendogs without the worry of them running away if you leave it alone for a while.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Is it possible to GIVE Pokemon to friends? Because I'm wondering about doing a Pokemon Sex Ring with Ditto.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Has anyone else noticed that Sakurai has reached legendary levels of trolling with SSB4 and the game isn't even due out for at least another 8 months?

1. Teases a Mario Galaxy stage a month ago. Shown nothing since.

2. Teases Ridley almost two months ago. Shown nothing since with pictures of the Pyrosphere being shown off weekly.

3. Shows nothing for Nintendo's biggest releases of the year and then proceeds to brag about having both X and Y when preorders sold out worldwide in most places within hours of being opened.

And, of course:

4. Reveals Wii Fit Trainer at E3, causing half the internet to crap themselves laughing and the other half to violently kill themselves.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yeah, Sakurai's pretty much being a troll. He's mastered the art of unpredictability when it comes to teasing for SSB4.

What also bothers me about his reveals this time around is that we're only getting to see tiny glimpses of things in the game and nothing substantial but some characters, stages, and early gameplay footage. I'm seriously wondering what he's doing behind the scenes with "character customization."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom