• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149

"Hey, let's just pretend that Nintendo's most selling game of the year didn't just happen and keep on uploading other stuff"

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Sakurai can't just ignore Pokemon; even if not a character, there's still a stage he could've revealed, or at least the Pokeball confirmation. No, Sakurai is setting up for something big coming down the road that he's saving the Pokemon reveal for. Another direct coming up? A major gaming convention whereupon he'll reveal newcomers (including the Pokemon newcomer/veteran)? Biding time for a reveal of Pac-Man later in the month upon the release day of his new game (which is also the same day that Sonic Lost Worlds comes out, explaining why they revealed Sonic early)? In any case, the banner is down, meaning we're getting somebody soon. Maybe it's Pokemon-related, maybe not, but we're getting something.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm starting to think he held back on the Pokemon reveal because the prievous character reveal was quite earlier than it would've been had there been no direct.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Seriously. Nothing.

Nothing for X and Y. Are we in a parallel world? This is so unlikely. Even if it's just a copy and paste Jigglypuff from Brawl or a stage. Why is there NOTHING for their biggest release of the year?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
After Friday/Saturday I figured there still wouldn't be a Pokemon update by this time, to be honest. Not like they said there would be a character reveal for each game release. People grasping for patterns as always.

And happy birthday Falchion.

Goddamn @ someone here already beating the story on X/Y... Stop making it look like I have a life!

Lawl. I think I was the only one on board with the fact that we won't get any pokemon characters this month but I wish there were a new pokemon character because that'd prove something

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Lol, no Pokemon announcement.

Sakurai wouldn't want us to finally figure out his patterns or anything.

Although it may be more of a case that Pokemon is already going to sell so well that Sakurai didn't need to promote it anyway. He has announced a lot of characters lately.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Good thing I didn't hold my breath. I'm guessing Sakurai is just mad that he can't catch his favorite new Pokémon so he's putting his rage on Miiverse.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, it strange that there were no updates related to Pokémon X/Y. At least, we got an image showing something previously unknown about the new Mario stage.

Guess we should forget about a Pokémon reveal...

That's the point. Why are they showing a mario stage when X and Y just got released.... That doesn't make sense right?

Right?

So yep. Oh, and I'm sticking with my 5-6 newcomers prediction >.>' Sorry guys. That's possible imo.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I guess no new Pokemon-reps? Or even a veteran reveal on the future regarding Pokemon?

Unless we could wait into Thursday or Friday for one more chance. I believe not though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You guys speed up to conclusions a bit too much which trying to predict Mr. Unpredictable imo. After all, TL and Sonic were just revealed a few days apart, and it does take time to work on the character development. At least wait til the end of the month, or a month from now for another character, but at best I'd wait for a month from when the last character was revealed to be safe. So that'd be say November 1 (A Friday).

In the meantime, I should be getting Pokemon this week but planning which to get as well as which to get is a difficult choice.
EDIT: Oops, Happy Birthday Falchion! D:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hmm... my crystal ball is broken, lemme resort to my back-up.

"Ahem! Will Sakurai reveal a Pokemon character tomorrow?"
[collapse= Real Time Feedback]
[/collapse]

Edit: Happy B-day FalchionX7!

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Happy Birthday FalchionX7!!

Well,when I wake up there's usually like 10 new pages and now there was only one.I sent messages to my friend on Miiverse and he didn't reply in 4 days until I saw him IRL and told him.Pokemon is really keeping people busy,huh?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Seriously. Nothing.

Nothing for X and Y. Are we in a parallel world? This is so unlikely. Even if it's just a copy and paste Jigglypuff from Brawl or a stage. Why is there NOTHING for their biggest release of the year?
That's exactly the reason.
X/Y is Nintendo's biggest release this year. They don't need advertisement from an upcoming 2014 fighting game.
Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3 probably did.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You guys speed up to conclusions a bit too much which trying to predict Mr. Unpredictable imo. After all, TL and Sonic were just revealed a few days apart, and it does take time to work on the character development. At least wait til the end of the month, or a month from now for another character, but at best I'd wait for a month from when the last character was revealed to be safe. So that'd be say November 1 (A Friday).

In the meantime, I should be getting Pokemon this week but planning which to get as well as which to get is a difficult choice.
EDIT: Oops, Happy Birthday Falchion! D:
I doubt anyone really cares who gets the correct date right, because 6months from now, no one is gonna be known as the person who successfully predicted Jigglypuff's return. I'm pretty sure most of us do it for the fun of it, as long as we get more characters.
After all, TL and Sonic were just revealed a few days apart, and it does take time to work on the character development.
Well that is assuming that Sakurai isn't working on multiple characters at once and is actually working on characters only when they are posted publicly on the site. Which I doubt.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Seriously. Nothing

Taken from my comment in the Miiverse thread. It's possible Sakurai and Nintendo felt Pokémon X/Y didn't need anymore hyping up. Outside of Luigi and possibly Peach, the other characters have all been centered around Wii U title releases. If there really is a promotional aspect to it, I doubt the 3DS really needs it right now, let alone one of the largest titles to hit the system this year. We'll see.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm not happy with how there's only 69 new Pokemon. Disappointing, considering the location the games take place in. Kalos is far from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and even Unova. Why are Pokemon from those regions swarming it? What I loved about the original BW was the totally new feeling and encountering only new Pokemon. It added a real element of surprise. On the other hand, it's nice to have lots of choices in what Pokemon you'd like to add to your team.
Umm... maybe it is because Kalos is France and France is on the same Eurasian super-continent with Japan where it is broken down into Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh so these Pokemon are swarming all over Kalos. Unova is New York City so it is on a different continent (North America) so it gets different Pokemon. Just my guess...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm hoping that I'll be able to obtain a few other past starters in X/Y. Not sure what my regular team is gonna be, yet....

O_O I didn't even notice I've come so close to 5,000 messages on this site until a minute ago.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pokémon XY has been keeping people busy, it seems. Thread is much slower than usual...

Also, happy birthday to FalchionX7!

Holy ****. My childhood youtube show is back : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MYGmyvpTlI

I watched this series when I was um... around 8 or 9? I forgot. Blurry memory but I remember watching it when I was young. I liked Toad that time btw since I was mushroom-headed literally that time (Now I'm not because it looks too silly). I can't believe it's back! Thank God. A good day today

Have a birthday of happiness, HyperFalchio--- I mean, FalchionX OvO'

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Did somebody mention cake?
[collapse=Happy Birthday Falchion]
[/collapse]
Anyway, the cake is a lie, so why not have some pie?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Happy Birthday, Falchion.

The Miiverse picture that's supposed to be linked is still Friday's, annoyingly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom