• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
90% of mine come from having connected my Pokemon Global Link account via Game Sync.

The rest are MK7/a few in-life Street Passes, I assume. Weirdly I get mostly Swedes, German, Australian and Korean players.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah, this Japanese girl keeps asking me to trade :l
I had to turn off passerby because I had TOO much spam. I'm guessing the passerbys are people I've played online with in MK7 and Kid Icarus Uprising.
Same only it was Korean girls.

After restarting numerous times to get a decent nature for Froakie, I'm finally getting into X.
One thing I gotta say is that I kinda wish all the Pokémon got the Pikachu treatment, and actually said their names instead of getting HD audio versions of their cries.
Oh well, maybe next gen they'll go all out.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Same only it was Korean girls.

After restarting numerous times to get a decent nature for Froakie, I'm finally getting into X.
One thing I gotta say is that I kinda wish all the Pokémon got the Pikachu treatment, and actually said their names instead of getting HD audio versions of their cries.
Oh well, maybe next gen they'll go all out.
Honestly, I'm loving the updated cries. Making everything sound fresh, you know? It's a nice touch, especially Pikachu.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You don't think they'll put in the effort to actually make Psyduck actually say "Psyduck" instead of
in the future?

TheKingOfTown

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell if this game's pace is high or low. On the one hand, after beating the third gym, I have level 32 to 40 Pokémon, but on the other, well, I've only beaten 3 gym leaders.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Nope. At least not for every Pokemon. Pikachu just gets special treatment. Because Pikachu.
I see where your coming from, are there any others Pikachu is the only one ive heard so far

But Moon, he doesn't sound like that anymore. :awesome:
True, none of their cries sound like 8-bit screeches it has this organic sound to it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I can't tell if this game's pace is high or low. On the one hand, after beating the third gym, I have level 32 to 40 Pokémon, but on the other, well, I've only beaten 3 gym leaders.
I think it's basically compensation for the Exp. Share's new abilities. You can train all of your Pokemon at one time instead of force switching or grinding. That and the huge break in between the first and second Gyms.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm on vacation now.

My Froakie and Torchic evolved

I super trained them

Reseting until I get a Calm Venusaur

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Contemplated a 2DS.

Then thought about how embarrassed I'd be carrying that ugly thing around.

Alas Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing shall have to wait.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Contemplated a 2DS.

Then thought about how embarrassed I'd be carrying that ugly thing around.
Smart man. XD

Anyway, this has nothing to do with anything but...ya know...

Has anyone else noticed that Morbid hasn't "liked" a single post today?

Think he's jiggling some puffs in Pokemon Amie? Or did he get sucked away into the void by a huge guy in blue armor who says he's a tree and makes bad jokes? ¦D

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Have any new Mega Evolutions been found?

The amount we currently have seems kinda lackluster.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
My 3DS is purple, so other 3DS variants aren't appealing to me.

Unless it was a purple variant.

Colors matter.
I wish I could've had a purple 3DS XL, but nope. Only red and blue.

Went with red because of my other name "Keil Crimson" that I'm mainly known for these days.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
They released a black one, Wave. That's what I'm going to get on Thursday.

Smooth Criminal

...I wish they hadn't done that...

Meh, I've already got one now. Not like I have the money for a second one anyway, nor do I want one.

Maybe I'll buy one for my Mom sometime in the future since she wants New Leaf and MH3U.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
At least it quacks now.

Tbh, these cries remind me more of Pokemon Stadium 1/2's "organic" cries. Beedrill's sounds awesome.

That's what I was thinking. My brother told me he feels like he's playing the Pokemon Stadium games. Not sure what he meant by that exactly, but the game kinda does give me that classic vibe.

I'm not happy with how there's only 69 new Pokemon. Disappointing, considering the location the games take place in. Kalos is far from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and even Unova. Why are Pokemon from those regions swarming it? What I loved about the original BW was the totally new feeling and encountering only new Pokemon. It added a real element of surprise. On the other hand, it's nice to have lots of choices in what Pokemon you'd like to add to your team.

I also can't help but feel like I'm playing Gold/Silver again, with new mixed with a lot of familiar Pokemon.

All in all, I'm enjoying these games. Love the customization, too.

What I hope is that the "Update" features brings us more clothing to wear and possibly even visit other regions (that's a stretch). Not sure where XY would fall in the timeline, but it'd be nice to see how much Kanto has changed over 5 years and especially Hoenn.

If they're going to visit Hoenn again, I'm hoping their sequels instead of remakes. Solar Ruby would have the region be mostly covered in land due to the effects of awakening Groudon, and Lunar Sapphire, they'd have the region mostly submerged under water, having to build new cities on water and even an underwater dome. They can do so much to redeem Hoenn (the 3rd gen is my least favorite of all, but I won't lie, they were a good set of games). Game Freak are kinda lazy, so I don't think they'd be that ambitious.

As for the names, yeah, I actually had a dream about selling these games a year ago. Had a snazzy logo too.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If they're going to visit Hoenn again, I'm hoping their sequels instead of remakes. Solar Ruby would have the region be mostly covered in land due to the effects of awakening Groudon, and Lunar Sapphire, they'd have the region mostly submerged under water, having to build new cities on water and even an underwater dome. They can do so much to redeem Hoenn (the 3rd gen is my least favorite of all, but I won't lie, they were a good set of games). Game Freak are kinda lazy, so I don't think they'd be that ambitious.
If there's one thing Hoenn DOESN'T need, it's more water. And this is coming from a guy who loves the hell out of Hoenn.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No pokemon character?!?!?

WTF?

No promotion for X and Y boggles my mind!

Still new part of the Mushroomy kingdom stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom