• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Took a break some after finally getting my 2nd gym badge (took longer than I thought to come across the 2nd gym leader). Guess I should do some of that super training stuff before I get much farther, if farther at all. So far am happy with the team I've come up with along the way even if it's not really balanced yet. Have had some decent luck with more or less getting the natures I wanted for said team as well, minus perhaps the nature of my first Pokemon, but meh. Gotta love that exp share thing regardless.

Pretty much pulled an all-nighter with the game sometime after I got home since I knew I wouldn't get to play it any Sunday because of work, and not a single **** was given on how late I would sleep in and get up because of it.

Anyway, yeah. Kinda like the non-battling roles they've given Rhyhorn now. lol

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
picking Chespin and reseting if it's a bad nature

Edit: Now the games are just teasing me

I got the nature for Chespin that I wanted for Froakie but never got
I did the same thing with Animal Crossing: New Leaf... kept resetting the game if I got a bad map... realized it's futile and just play the game already... I tolerate the map but I like what I have done with my town so far... I wish the game would let me relocate my house, it is too close to the river (3 spaces to the right)... I am the mayor, I should be able to get building/land permits to relocate stores and houses anywhere I see fit.

I did the same thing with Pokemon Sapphire... I kept resetting because I wanted a female Torchic so I could breed it and get more Torchic... Nintendo really needs to make it mandatory to have Ditto catchable in every Pokemon game... this way, if I get a starter with a nature or sex that I did not want, I can just breed it with Ditto to eventually get said starter with the preferred nature or sex.

Yeah. Smash Bros 4 hype is so unhyped, there are actually some games that are even more hyped than it surprisingly

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yea, Monday is the date I've been sticking with.
If we don't get a character reveal for arguably the biggest Nintendo game released so far this year...
... puzzling would be an understatement.

@MoonMonkey: Probably because they're reserving Smash 4 for E3 and 2 newcomers will come in thus there will be 5 newcomers all in all :troll:

Dear God I hope that won't happen but it's a pretty unlikely-kinda likely scenario.

--------------

IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE BLAMMING MY ROSTER

(Character) - Removable/Can be omitted in your point of view. Basically, you act like these parentheses'ed characters do not exist in my roster
*Character*- New character or returning from being cut. Basically, WAS NOT IN BRAWL. THE END.

Mario series: 4
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
(Toad)

Zelda series: 4
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link

DK series: 3
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
*Dixie Kong OR K.Rool*
(K.Rool OR Dixie Kong)

Yoshi series: 1
Yoshi

Wario series: 1
Wario

Metroid series: 1
Samus
(Ridley)

Kirby series: 3
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
(Bandana Dee)

Star Wars Fox : 3
Fox
Falco
Wolf

F-Zero series : 1
Captain Falcon

Pokemon series : 4/6
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon trainer - Squirtle, Charizard and Ivysaur
*BottomtierpokemonMewtwo*

Earthbound : 2
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem : 2
Marth
(Whoever character) or Ike comes in this slot since I have no knowledge of FE and I don't want to get involved into a discussion about it

Kid Icarus : 1
Pit
(Palutena)

Others : 7
Mr. GaW
Ice Climbers
*Animal Crosser*
*WFT*
(Shulk)
ROB
Olimar
Edit : *Mac that is little*

3rd parties : 2
Sonic
*Mega Person*
(Snake)

6 newcomers lol. The negative chi is strong in this roster but --- This is my safe bet roster and I'll stay with it. From how I see it, this game's roster will only put in some loose ends or should I say, those characters that should have been in Smash before. Sakurai stated that the Villager "FINALLY" joins Smash. WFT is a WTF character so she doesn't count in this. Mega person could have been in Brawl since he was requested more than Snake and it was unjust how he didn't get in over Snake but I honestly didn't give a **** and I laughed really hard.

Palutena is NOT needed but Sakurai could add her not because this game need more **** but because people want her (LOL That's what she said). I got no clue what FE is all about so um whatever. Mewtwo's likely to get in.

I'm STILL unsure about Ridley regardless of no signs of him in the pyrosphere stage but then again, he fits the description best. Maybe they're taking long designing his *impossible* model, I don't know. HE IS NEEDED. THAT'S FOR SURE BUT DAMN YOU SAKURAI.

Snake could get in since Sonic came back. Maybe Kojima will get down on his knees and suck Sakurai's **** beg for Snake to get in again.

Shulk is... I liked his game but is he needed? I don't think so. Sure he could bring something new to the table despite being a ---- Wait..... Okay, I'm not entirely sure. It'd be cool if he were in the game so that's something to think about.

K. Rool or/and Dixie is needed. Period but both in the game? Not impossible but the safe bet is for one to get in

Bandana Dee could get in and he's a lot more likely than people think but then again, he lacks the lolgiant support that most of the top newcomers (If "top newcomers" even existed to begin with). Oh and Sakurai likes cute stuff so yeah--- Wait, that's too shallow.

Toad well---- He's in crap right now but it's not impossible for him to get in. And also, Sakurai hating Toad is pure B-S. I didn't see any article about it and if there were an article then none of us would have been acknowledging him since the start of SSB 4 speculation. Who even started that crap? He's still unlikely though considering his situation but that quote.... Maybe we're overanalyzing but *shrug8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...... Does 5 newcomers sound reasonable to me? Well --- Sort of. It's little but if there are 5 newcomers then that means there's 2 more to reveal in whatever direct or E3 will come up. Oh my god, that would be disappointing. Maybe this is because I'm playing too safe. Then again, I put a parentheses on a bunch of characters so that any of you guys can treat those characters as if they were included and counted in my roster.

Oh I also forgot, Sakurai judges characters depending on what they bring new to the table but I can't judge that ****. I'm not in Sakurai's point of view so how the hell am I suppose to know? Only thing I know his who are needed and who are not, who are wanted and who are not.

Sakurai made those characters that didn't look like they'd bring anything new look like they brought new ****. Wolf for example, he's a lot more.... feral than Fox and Falco. His laser shot's unique because of that, his wolf flash is also different. People might have been thinking that he'll be a clone of the space animals BUT HE WASN'T. Toon Link? He's suppose to be like Young Link so keep that in your mind. Lucas' normals are what separated him from Ness and are also what differentiated his playstyle from Ness' also.

The following weren't those type of characters that were predicted to have an uninteresting moveset. ZSS is all about acrobatic, quick and powerful attacks but she's lacking in defense. Wario---- I think his design his a bit flawed since he's an aerial based character like J-Puff BUT he did bring new stuff. Oh ho - The breakable and rideable (Only by Wario) Motorcycle, his passive charging fart and his disgusting as hell moveset. Gross but new. All the new pokemons were unique and I'm too lazy to list how they are unique ESPECIALLY since it's obvious. Olimar was amazing. Period.

As you can see, Sakurai can make anyone unique and interesting. There are characters who looked like they'd have absolutely zero-moveset potential or even if they looked as if they won't bring any new features or new things into Smas like... ICE CLIMBERS and ROB (Can't tell if he's WTF or not. I'll refer to someone for that) and Wii Fit Trainer (WTF character but Sakurai made her work somehow). Wait- what the hell am I doing? What was a pointing out again.... OH RIGHT, basically any character can bring anything new depending on what Sakurai thinks and sees. You know what... **** it. Just act like I wasn't trying to make a point and just take these opinions and info into your heads if you want to. I lost myself since I was watching a Mario 3D World Direct trailer analysis and gameplay video form GameXplain. Damn I'm hyped for that game.

OH ****, I forgot about him

EDIT : Post has been updated. I always forget Mac in my list even in the past for some reason

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'd like to state that, in the rare chance we get Mewtwo tomorrow, I feel inclined to post Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline".

Yes but its on the Wii U
Aaaaaaand? Your point?

Because the Wii U sucks, I can't get hyped for it? Or it's because you don't have a Wii U? Good luck playing Smash on the 3DS if that's your way, I guess.

But I'm pretty sure you 3DS'ers can survive without the Wii U. I mean... You got OoT 3D, FE:Awakening, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario Bros 2 (Not really), Upcoming Kirby, SMTxFE, Pokemon X/Y and all that.

But regardless, that's some shallow reasoning

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Anyone hyped for Mario 3D World?

Anyone?

Okay :urg:
Wasn't really interested in the title when I saw the E3 reveal.
I did like the recent Direct trailer and what it showed off.
But i'm still on the fence.

I might get it anyway, since the game I was hyped for (DKC:TF) was pushed back to 2014.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So Dixie Kong now uses a bubble bum dispenser gun in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze:
On one hand, this seems pretty good for Dixie Kong adding to her potential moveset pool for Sakurai and Co. to pull from.
But on the other hand, I feel like this can easily make Dixie a bit "clone-y", being the Peanut Pop-gun for Dixie. Though it is possible that they might have an added effect like either temporarily slowing down the opponent's mobility, or it might also drop gum-balls that will slightly heal the players like the peanuts do.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Aaaaaaand? Your point?

Because the Wii U sucks, I can't get hyped for it? Or it's because you don't have a Wii U? Good luck playing Smash on the 3DS if that's your way, I guess.

But I'm pretty sure you 3DS'ers can survive without the Wii U. I mean... You got OoT 3D, FE:Awakening, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario Bros 2 (Not really), Upcoming Kirby, SMTxFE, Pokemon X/Y and all that.

But regardless, that's some shallow reasoning
if anything, being hyped for 3D World should make one more optimistic about the Wii U and what's next for it

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Should be on now but I don't know how to take it lol.
On the main menu, the one when you boot up the game, should have an option called "Mystery Gift". Click on it, and you'll be given varies options. Click on the one that says "Receive gift from Internet" or something along those lines. If you have a Wi-Fi connection, you should automatically receive the Torchic. Then, boot up the game normally and go into the Pokemon Center, there should be a delivery women next to the nurse. Talk to her and she'll give you the Torchic.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Hey guys check out this music video!

I don't mean to advertise but I put a lot of really hard work into this and this is also the first ever Paper Mario music video ever made. Trust me I checked this video is one-of-a kind. I would really appreciate it if you guys supported me through the immense amount of time and hard work I put into this. If any of you don't like the video feel free to call a mod and remove this post because I know that technically I am advertising something that is entirely off topic. I promise you though this will not disappoint you so give me a chance. Thank you all so much! I love Smashboards!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
On the main menu, the one when you boot up the game, should have an option called "Mystery Gift". Click on it, and you'll be given varies options. Click on the one that says "Receive gift from Internet" or something along those lines. If you have a Wi-Fi connection, you should automatically receive the Torchic. Then, boot up the game normally and go into the Pokemon Center, there should be a delivery women next to the nurse. Talk to her and she'll give you the Torchic.
Start the game, go to mystery gift.
Well thanks, both of you.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Is that Nabbit.

I'm not sure, actually, but I'm referring to the fact that Majora's Mask is in the shop, and according to one of the developers when asked about the N64 game, they stated this 3DS game had "ties" with the game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You don't even want to know what I've been through getting this game (Pokemon X) alone and making it home with everything in one piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom