• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow, I can't believe I'm online even as the eye of the cyclone is just miles away from my home. (I'm addicted too much, I guess. :sick:)

Ok now im asking what the hell why didn't he announce a Pokemon character
Cuz dats how he roll

liek how he added sonc. cuz he feelz like it. he dus **** when he feels like it.

No really. That's really how it probably goes for it. And yes, I used the right style of English for Sakurai.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if you acknowledge God or anything but regardless, praying for ya Fal

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ah dang. When I first saw Mega Scizor I thought the had chainsaws as hands.

It's just scissors with serrated parts on the bottom blade

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It's quite simple. Don't be a ****ing ******.

I wouldn't go around putting up pictures or videos until after the game was released. The only way people would see spoilers is if they personally knew me and we played the game together; getting a head start over the rest of the competitive scene.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well i'm mad about no reveal, buuuut i just swept some random guy with a furfrou a freaking FURFROU 6-0

I CAN"T STOP LAUGHING.... :joyful:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Good luck Fal. Praying for ya!

DON'T DIE!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well i'm mad about no reveal, buuuut i just swept some random guy with a furfrou a freaking FURFROU 6-0

I CAN"T STOP LAUGHING.... :joyful:
Furfrou is a pretty good defensive wall. That ability. I wonder how it will do in the competitive field

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Zekrom is the most Digimon-looking Pokemon. Its head is shaped like the metal helmets that pretty much all powerful Digimon wear.

AS A BIT OF A FAN OF DIGIMON I think it's funny when people say Pokemon look like Digimon nowadays, because when I think of Digimon I think of those muscle-bound tattooed monstrosities with the stitched up mouths and belts and metal everywhere.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I think Zekrom is the most Digimon-looking Pokemon. Its head is shaped like the metal helmets that pretty much all powerful Digimon wear.

AS A BIT OF A FAN OF DIGIMON I think it's funny when people say Pokemon look like Digimon nowadays, because when I think of Digimon I think of those muscle-bound tattooed monstrosities with the stitched up mouths and belts and metal everywhere.
You forgot the teddy bears and the tails and the microphones.

Smooth Criminal

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Whenever they can design a Pokemon as good as THIS DIGIMON:

Then you can say Pokemon look like Digimon. Until then Game Freak can do two things.

1) Cry

2) Try

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm likely to get one of the games next week, but idk which one to get. Atm, I'm wondering which versions get what. I know I want a cool-looking bug and bird, so I'm looking out for that.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Well I have officially sunken into Pokémon X...omg is it fun!!!! good bye real word! by the by, does anybody know when/where you get an evee and how it evolves into Sylvion?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So the plan was for me to only get X since it's the one I pre-ordered and bought...But my dad was with me today and he decided to be a total bro and bought Y for me too even though I wasn't planning to get it, so I've got both. XD

Awesome day today. ¦D

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Ah, I see it. Although that's mostly the color and armor in general. They don't seem all THAT similar. The chainsaw hands are a bit too new.
It's not 1 to 1, it's similar enough to pass as Digimon.
The head is what really does it for me, it reminds me of the armor and spirit digivolutions

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not 1 to 1, it's similar enough to pass as Digimon.
The head is what really does it for me, it reminds me of the armor and spirit digivolutions
Ah, I get what you mean now. To be fair, a lot of the Mega Evolutions do feel like that. It doesn't help that a ton of Digimon are slightly variations of others. Like Geogreymon and Greymon.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
WE TALKING DIGIMON?

If only I could lead some Doctor Who people on these boards...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So the plan was for me to only get X since it's the one I pre-ordered and bought...But my dad was with me today and he decided to be a total bro and bought Y for me too even though I wasn't planning to get it, so I've got both. XD

Awesome day today. ¦D
Awesome. I got both X and Y myself. :awesome:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Ah, I get what you mean now. To be fair, a lot of the Mega Evolutions do feel like that. It doesn't help that a ton of Digimon are slightly variations of others. Like Geogreymon and Greymon.
True a lot of the mega forms do look like digimon, and yeah many of digimon have slight variations.
But the most of the uber Digimon tend to have a bipedal, human-like forms like Emperorgreymon (which is quite the departure from the T-rex design Greymon possessed)
Which is what made me make the connection with Mega Scizor

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
True a lot of the mega forms do look like digimon, and yeah many of digimon have slight variations.
But the most of the uber Digimon tend to have a bipedal, human-like forms like Emperorgreymon (which is quite the departure from the T-rex design Greymon possessed)
Which is what made me make the connection with Mega Scizor
EmperorGreymon doesn't look extremely different from WarGreymon, Imperialdramon Fighter Mode(and Paladin Mode), Gallantmon(and Crimson Mode), or any of the ShineGreymons. He's just another knight-like final form like the other Megas.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
EmperorGreymon doesn't look extremely different from WarGreymon, Imperialdramon Fighter Mode(and Paladin Mode), Gallantmon(and Crimson Mode), or any of the ShineGreymons. He's just another knight-like final form like the other Megas.
Like I said, the Über forms of the Digimon take on this human-like, bipedal look. While the weaker forms tend to retain it's initial creature design.
All the forms you listed I would consider Über forms, and they all look human-like which is totally different from the earlier stages.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If only I could lead some Doctor Who people on these boards...
Doctor who?

:troll:
Quick question as well for the Pokeguys/gals here. How early can you catch Goomy? That one Pokemon has made me want this new gen even more. Still gonna wait for Z version, if they pull another B/W2 then I'll skip this one too.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
How's Pokemon X and Y with you guys? Where are you currently at?
[collapse="Where I'm currently at:"] Just captured Mewtwo in the Unknown Cave after catching Zygarde from Terminus cave[/collapse]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom