• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Just another example of the ****ty writing that plagues the series and makes Ash the subject of a lot of misdirected hate.

He'd be such a cool character if they'd just...let him be a cool character.
Shotty writing or not it still happened. But I agree, I feel like they make Ash purposeless suck balls just for the sake of story.

And that's the reason Ash isn't really respected by a few, the kid is inconsistent.
It's like watching a once great, all-star sports team, loose against scrub teams they shouldn't be loosing too.
Red's potential as a trainer doesn't fluctuate the same way it does with Ash.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Shotty writing or not it still happened. But I agree, I feel like they make Ash purposeless suck balls just for the sake of story.

And that's the reason Ash isn't really respected by a few, the kid is inconsistent.
It's like watching a once great, all-star sports team, loose against scrub teams they shouldn't be loosing too.
Red's potential as a trainer doesn't fluctuate the same way it does with Ash.
That's because the original Red is just a silent protagonist for you to insert yourself into.

Which is also why every single other version of Red in every other universe an story has a different look, personality and sometimes even name. He himself is inconsistent because he doesn't have his own solidified character.

But he's the original MC, so he's automatically made to be competent.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That's because the original Red is just a silent protagonist for you to insert yourself into.

Which is also why every single other version of Red in every other universe an story has a different look, personality and sometimes even name. He himself is inconsistent because he doesn't have his own solidified character.

But he's the original MC, so he's automatically made to be competent.
Well I was going by the Red present in Pokemon: The Origins (Man! I wish it was longer). He talks along with having that consistent potential throughout the series.
Red is also consistent in the comics as well.

"Every single Red" are you going by the infinte game theory, where each time you play Red/Blue/Greem/Yellow that is a different reality??

Or are you referring to Gold/Rudy/Pearl/Black etc..??

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
That first episode was pretty damn good. I was it was longer as well so they could pace it a little better however.

I wonder how they plan on wrapping it up in three more episodes.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Guys here's a random leaked pokemon that may or may not be real
I'm laughing my ass off over here!if this turns out to be legit... If this turns out to be legit... Well I'm planning on playing through the game as a nuzlocke first so maybe I'd miss it BUT GODAMNIT I WANT IT!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That first episode was pretty damn good. I was it was longer as well so they could pace it a little better however.

I wonder how they plan on wrapping it up in three more episodes.
There all pretty damn good. A lot of skipping though, but it does it's best.
I wish they took the time and made it into a 12 to 25 episode series.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well I was going by the Red present in Pokemon: The Origins (Man! I wish it was longer). He talks along with having that consistent potential throughout the series.
Red is also consistent in the comics as well.

"Every single Red" are you going by the infinte game theory, where each time you play Red/Blue/Greem/Yellow that is a different reality??

Or are you refering to Gold/Rudy/Pearl/Black etc..??
No, I'm talking about THIS.

[

The different version in each different story which are all different universes altogether, for the most part.

Edit: And just to clear things up, this was to give you an idea. Some of these don't even have stories to begin with since they're just in stuff like Stadium and Brawl. There are actually a couple more than what's shown here too.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The skipping is the only big issue I have with the show. Skipping the first encounter with Team Rocket & the other 2 Gym Leaders just make me wish this was an ongoing anime. But so far I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Poor Cubone

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
@Moon. Im still considering this anime special non canon. Red doesn't use the "correct team" (as given in HG/SS and B2/W2)
either way MAN is it nice to see Red get some much deserved screen time<3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They should have made the anime more loyal to the games. They should have switched the protagonist between each series/generation, in my opinion.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
No, I'm talking about THIS.

[

The different version in each different story which are all different universes altogether, for the most part.

Edit: And just to clear things up, this was to give you an idea. Some of these don't even have stories to begin with since they're just in stuff like Stadium and Brawl. There are actually a couple more than what's shown here too.
Well just for me sanity (and yours too), lets just compare TV series Original Red (Pokemon: The Origins) to the Red A.K.A Ash TV Series.
Comparing those two "Reds" progression and consistency is basically night and day.
Honestly, I bet if fans push hard enough Nintendo would cash in and try to make it a series.
I would pay good money to get a DVD set for this series reworked to follow Red's journey to the top in 20 to 25 episodes

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
They should have made the anime more loyal to the games. They should have switched the protagonist between each series/generation, in my opinion.
I know I'm going to be the only one to disagree with this. I prefer the idea of a protagonist that actually goes to all of the regions and becomes Champion in every single one, then starts having more of the higher level and famous trainers come after him. That, or they go to the World Champion League.

Besides, whether it's Ash or Red, they're really the only male protagonists I like at all. Black/Touya/Hilbert(ew) is probably the only one that comes close at all, but he's basically Red 3.0 anyway, games wise.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
If that's the case let Ash be a side plot that eventually comes to seek out those have gained their goal in their respective region.

Would be more interesting than what is going on now

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If that's the case let Ash be a side plot that eventually comes to seek out those have gained their goal in their respective region.

Would be more interesting than what is going on now
Meh, don't really like that either.

Even if instead of him being the side plot, it was set to where he was the protagonist and that was part of his goals while traveling, it'd still take way too much focus away from him since everyone would be drooling horribly over all the other male protagonists. I just don't like that.

...That sounded a bit more erotic than it did in my head. ¦D;

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Meh, Red > Ash imo. I'm not opposed to Frostwraith's idea, however. It'd be nice to dedicate whole seasons to developing characters and then having 'em duke it out on the grand stage of Pokemon.

Saddening that Pokemon: The Origin isn't a long-term thing.

Smooth Criminal

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can't please everyone.
Then keep pleasing the ones who already like what's happening.

If the other protags needs their own series so bad, every region should get a 4 episode (Or maybe longer) OVA series like Red did.

That oughta be enough. This clearly was.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sonic being back in Smash was good news this week, though the bad news is the fact that there will be a comical CG cartoon based on the games coming soon to Cartoon Network. Something tells me that Sonic fans won't take this so well like how all hardcore Pac Man fans reacted to Pac Man and the Ghostly Adventures. -_-

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Knuckles looks like he is on steroids.

Or whatever that thing is between Sonic and Amy. Knuckles better not keep that design.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I honestly wonder what the demographics of the current anime are. Would be interesting to see.

That really should be incredibly obvious unless you're one of those old people that feel way too entitled to things just because they haven't grown out of the series yet. >>'

It's always been primarily for young audiences since day 1 and that pretty much hasn't changed. They'll throw in nods to older times either for the sake of servicing retro-fans or to update the old stuff and bring it to the eyes of the modern audience so they have more things to like and want, but it's still for a primarily young audience.

I honestly can't believe people are actually confused or surprised by this. It's not like this is the manga where that clearly isn't the case. lol

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Sonic being back in Smash was good news this week, though the bad news is the fact that there will be a comical CG cartoon based on the games coming soon to Cartoon Network. Something tells me that Sonic fans won't take this so well like how all hardcore Pac Man fans reacted to Pac Man and the Ghostly Adventures. -_-

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
*sigh* I guess we have to talk about this now, huh? Meh. - -

Well, here you go, guys. If ya ain't already seen it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Is that big one Knuckles?

The heck did they do to him......

Well fortunately for me, I'm not a longtime Sonic fan so no true butthurt will be coming from me.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
*sigh* I guess we have to talk about this now, huh? Meh. - -

Well, here you go, guys. If ya ain't already seen it.

Is that big one Knuckles?

The heck did they do to him......

Well fortunately for me, I'm not a longtime Sonic fan so no true butthurt will be coming from me.
This affects me..... this affects me a whole lot.....

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
OH NO THEY CHANGED KNUCKLES' DESIGN IN ONE SHOW MY WORLD IS OVER SEGA BETRAYED ME

*coughs*

:p

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
OH NO THEY CHANGED KNUCKLES' DESIGN IN ONE SHOW MY WORLD IS OVER SEGA BETRAYED ME

*coughs*

:p
Thank you N3ON. Thank you. XD

This is exactly why I didn't wanna talk about this. ¦D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom