• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
20 users and 9 guests. We ballin'. Anyways. I want Isaac to join, so someday Golden Sun discussions will be as notorious as Fire Emblem "discussions".
I don't want any "discussion" to get heated like that ever again. That is why I don't ever go around Fire Emblem territory. Haha. I wouldn't mind Isaac though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know who'd make an awesome character? Nowi

She is totally over 18, she just doesn't look it. It's called a loophole

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh, yeah, I wouldn't mind Isaac. He looks like a pretty cool guy. Plus he's a Venus Adapt so he represents love, beauty, and fertility, so like why not.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You know what is surprising to me? How many recent games Sakurai is pulling from for stages. Sonic Lost World hasn't even been released, yet Windy Hill appears to be his stage. Same thing with our Pikmin stage. Curious how many of these we'll see. Not worried about good stages being overlooked since we have one stage from a game all the way back from 2009 to a stage from a game not even released.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
It's the Illuminati. That can only be the explanation.

They're behind everything, pulling all of the strings to set their nefarious plans in motion... :evil:

:troll:

"I'm always watching you..."

People think I'm Illuminati because I like this guy a lot. They don't know my true power.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So I just skipped 50 pages of discussion (you guys move too quick). Did I miss anything important, or is it all the usual?
-There was a Nintendo Direct
-Sonic confirmed
-New Kirby game
-Johnknight and Wave Kusanagi had some really kinky foreplay
-Apparently Pokemon X and Y got leaked

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyone want to take bets on if Solid Snake is coming back, and if we see another guest character?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also feel I need to say that after this morning's Nintendo Direct, my opinion on Super Mario 3D World has dramatically changed. Sweet mercy that game looks gorgeous. And if the trailer song is indicative of what to expect from the soundtrack, I'm absolutely excited.
Same here. I was most definitely colored impressed after today's showing of the game. Definitely looked much worthier of a main series game and didn't feel like a rehash of 3D Land like I first thought.
a combo in smash 4 there is hope.
Specifically, a very 3D fighter esque combo. The more I think about it, this is actually better suited for Smash than the 2D fighter chains (save maybe for special cancels). Just give us jump, dash, and high jump cancel and we're good on that. Strings would be nice, but not necessary.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As probably everyone knows, the new Sonic stage is based on Sonic Lost World and seems to be based on that game's Green Hill Zone-like stage. Take a look:

[collapse="Images from Super Smash Bros."]

[/collapse]
[collapse="Images from Sonic Lost World"]

[/collapse]

Although there seem to be some slight differences between both settings too.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
As probably everyone knows, the new Sonic stage is based on Sonic Lost World and seems to be based on that game's Green Hill Zone-like stage. Take a look:

[collapse="Images from Super Smash Bros."]

[/collapse]
[collapse="Images from Sonic Lost World"]

[/collapse]

Although there seem to be some slight differences between both settings too.

Dang, those Moto-Bugs are awesome.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
20 users and 9 guests. We ballin'. Anyways. I want Isaac to join, so someday Golden Sun discussions will be as notorious as Fire Emblem "discussions".
That'll never happen. We're going to get Isaac if anybody, and then later on down the line if GS is still kicking and popular enough to warrant a second rep, we'll get whoever actually made GS popular again.

Anyone want to take bets on if Solid Snake is coming back, and if we see another guest character?
Yes to both. I'm feeling lucky. (Even though I don't want another guest character)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Actually, I had this on my mind for a while...

The titles for SSB4 are official, right? They're not placeholders?

Anyone else think that this could be problematic for uneducated 2DS owners? Parents all be like, "Super Smash Bros. for 3DS looks like a cool game. Too bad it's not compatible with my child's 2DS". I hate to generalize and all, but I've seen people like this irl... it cannot be helped I guess...

And, omg, that Dr. Mario alt reveal... too awesome! :colorful:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Yep, the titles are official and final.

Anyone else think that this could be problematic for uneducated 2DS owners? Parents all be like, "Super Smash Bros. for 3DS looks like a cool game. Too bad it's not compatible with my child's 2DS". I hate to generalize and all, but I've seen people like this irl... it cannot be helped I guess...
Well, that's ignorance for ya.

If you want to buy something, you got to know what you're buying. Nowadays, there's no excuse to not know about something. You have the Internet where you can research on any subject, so there.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
-There was a Nintendo Direct
-Sonic confirmed
-New Kirby game
-Johnknight and Wave Kusanagi had some really kinky foreplay
-Apparently Pokemon X and Y got leaked
Can't wait till whoever illegally released the new Pokemon games early gets in huge trouble.

Based on what you said about some of the rest that happened, I'm glad I tl;dr'ed a good chunk of the thread.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Another point I'll make about Sonic's reveal. If the past two character reveals have all been characters at one point or another were questioning their removal, than I believe it's safe to say the rest of the cast probably isn't going anywhere. R.O.B, Lucas, Wolf and Lucario fans can sigh a bit of relief.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can't wait till whoever illegally released the new Pokemon games early gets in huge trouble.

Based on what you said about some of the rest that happened, I'm glad I tl;dr'ed a good chunk of the thread.
No new Pokemon were spoiled here.

I don't actually think anyone has leaked anything to the public.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Oh no!
There's something blocking the road!

What could it be?

You really want to know?

And, omg, that Dr. Mario alt reveal... too awesome! :colorful:
I think Oasis told you a few months ago to draw a pic of Rebellious Treecko x Divine Deity.
...Do you plan to do it?

But yeah, those SSB4 titles are generic, but I don't mind anymore.

Reznor

work in progress
Another point I'll make about Sonic's reveal. If the past two character reveals have all been characters at one point or another were questioning their removal, than I believe it's safe to say the rest of the cast probably isn't going anywhere. R.O.B, Lucas, Wolf and Lucario fans can sigh a bit of relief.
the last 2 characters made sense though
Wind Waker HD = Toon Link
Sonic Lost World and some deal with Nintendo = Sonic

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
1. There was a Nintendo Direct
2. Sonic confirmed
3. New Kirby game
4. Johnknight and Wave Kusanagi had some really kinky foreplay
5. Apparently Pokemon X and Y got leaked
1. Well duh, I knew that last night. :p
2. And that - none of the other topics jumped 50 pages in a few hours
3. I didn't know that, though. What kind of Kirby game? Another Epic Yarn-type?
4. I have no desire to know anything about that
5. I saw that mentioned at the top of the page. Oh, people...

bobadz

Smash Ace
1. Well duh, I knew that last night. :p
2. And that - none of the other topics jumped 50 pages in a few hours
3. I didn't know that, though. What kind of Kirby game? Another Epic Yarn-type?
4. I have no desire to know anything about that
5. I saw that mentioned at the top of the page. Oh, people...
3. Classic style.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sorry I'm a little late with all these different post-Nintendo Direct impressions. Been in class all day. Did anyone else feel like that new Kirby 3DS game was using a down-scaled KRTDL engine?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Golden is going to like one detail about this.
Seriously, if the guys behind PM can manage to make Alt. Costumes; then Sakaurai and Co. have no excuse.

Question. Does Sakurai even know Project M exists???

EDIT: ...Well okay... I'll take that as a no.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Sorry I'm a little late with all these different post-Nintendo Direct impressions. Been in class all day. Did anyone else feel like that new Kirby 3DS game was using a down-scaled KRTDL engine?
Yeah. Not that that's a bad thing, as I really liked RtDL's gameplay.

Though it does seem like they've made some additions to give the game a more "3D feel." Also, the beetle power or whatever looks cool.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Though it does seem like they've made some additions to give the game a more "3D feel." Also, the beetle power or whatever looks cool.
Hopefully I don't give off the impression that it is a bad thing, it isn't -- just something I noticed. One thing that is certain is I'm pretty sure we can all guess where the Kirby 3DS stage will be derived from now. That makes Kirby the fourth Nintendo series to have it's main titles split between handheld and console since Brawl. In case anyone was wondering about the other three: Super Mario, Legend of Zelda and Yoshi.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

NOT KIRBY FAN

It's suplex!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom