• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Looking at the Sonic trailer, it looks like we're getting combos again, specifically juggles. That Namco influence is really start to show here and what's nice is that there seems to be a good amount of linking involved. Sonic's Up B also looked like a prime candidate for a reset situation.
Thank the ten plagues that Namco is on board. I mostly want them to balance the game. Sakurai couldn't properly balance Smash unless there were only two characters... and they were clones... even then I would doubt his ability!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had this same reaction

pack it up people. Pokemon is done

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thank the ten plagues that Namco is on board. I mostly want them to balance the game. Sakurai couldn't properly balance Smash unless there were only two characters... and they were clones... even then I would doubt his ability!
Still, I wonder how much this will factor into the diversity of things. There is no way I can picture any of the newcomers to have the same wall carrying capacity like Sonic. Hell, out of the currently revealed roster, I can't say any of the characters will do anything like Sonic which is VERY VERY good.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Just saw the Nintendo Direct. Mario 3D World looks amazing. Looking forward to dat Kirby game. Too bad DK is delayed. Olympic Games also looks cool. Plus SAWNIC!!! When I heard of the Direct, I knew there would be someone revealed but didn't guessed it would be Sonic. :p Also awesome to see footage of the new stages as well.

OMG Mario 3D World looked good before, but now it's freaking fantabulous. I was hoping they'd reveal the 4th secret character for Tropical Freeze, but eh.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Yes. It'd only be planned if Sonic was revealed the day it was brought back up.
Then I will be waiting to see if a new SSB4 character is revealed on the day the government is turned back on to find out if my suspicions are true.

SAAAAAAAKKKURRRRRRRRRRAAAAIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!
Did he cause the government to shutdown in the U.S.?

OR

Politicians have secret Smash tournaments and the time for the tournament was interfering with political talks about fixing the economy. So they all decided to turn in for the night and start battling each other in Smash

BTW these aren't theories they are facts... That or I just need to drink some kool-laid...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So... Leaked copies of Pokémon X and Y, huh?

If whoever leaked this is caught, he/she will be in big trouble...

bobadz

Smash Ace

Yeah, does anyone remember what happened when someone leaked Black and White 2 in Japan? They were arrested.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
OT ik but, dang pnc park is hyped up.... (yeah ik probably none of ya follow baseball).

I still think it'll be jigglypuff for the x and y reveal :p (course it could be mewtwo but I dunno, it would depend if the game is released in june, if its in dec 2014 I bet they save him until e3 and show off ridley and little mac as well.)

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Just watched the Nintendo Direct. I'm having mixed feelings on how Link will get his items in ALBW. Will he get to keep any of them permanently? However, dat Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games, man. The online looks miles better than any Nintendo online I've seen. Way better than Brawl's, too. All I really have to say besides SONICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC and that there looks to be some comboing involved here. I love the Direct. And Etrian Odyssey (Haha get it they named the game after me but they spelled it wrong) and Bravely Default look amazing. I thought Bravely Default was a Final Fantasy game at first but nope. And.. Ringabel? Get it? AND I GET A PIECE OF FREE DLC FOR PIKMIN.. Ok. That is all.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace

Leaked copies of Pokemon X and Y today?
Government shutdown today?
Sonic revealed for SSB4 today?
New Donkey Kong game gets delayed today?
I have college homework today...
There was no ice cream truck out today...
There is a 6 foot tall spider web connecting the grass to the top of the tree branch blocking the shortcut to the mailbox at my house...

There has to be a connection

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Leaked copies of Pokemon X and Y today?
Government shutdown today?
Sonic revealed for SSB4 today?
New Donkey Kong game gets delayed today?
I have college homework today...
There was no ice cream truck out today...
There is a 6 foot tall spider web connecting the grass to the top of the tree branch blocking the shortcut to the mailbox at my house...

There has to be a connection
It's the Illuminati. That can only be the explanation.

They're behind everything, pulling all of the strings to set their nefarious plans in motion... :evil:

:troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
OT ik but, dang pnc park is hyped up.... (yeah ik probably none of ya follow baseball).

I still think it'll be jigglypuff for the x and y reveal :p (course it could be mewtwo but I dunno, it would depend if the game is released in june, if its in dec 2014 I bet they save him until e3 and show off ridley and little mac as well.)
It will be Jigglypuff for the X and Y reveal. No doubt in my mind. If it isn't? I might have to mutilate myself.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I used to think Mewtwo would be revealed for X/Y but with this Sonic reveal only FIVE DAYS after Toon Link's reveal, that might risk generating too much hype. Now I think it's Jiggs.

Morbi

Scavenger
I used to think Mewtwo would be revealed for X/Y but with this Sonic reveal only FIVE DAYS after Toon Link's reveal, that might risk generating too much hype. Now I think it's Jiggs.
That is what I think as well... I actually thought that before the Sonic reveal. However, I finally have evidence to support that claim.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's funny how the Pokemon threads on here are hardly getting any attention, even with the leaks.
I guess I'll stay here, then.
http://smashboards.com/threads/pokemon-x-and-y-spoilers-thread.340786/

So...place on your bets on a Pokemon reveal for SSB4:

-Mewtwo
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-Lucario
-Pichu
-Newcomer
-Two or more of the above
-No reveal at all
Definitely think it will be Mewtwo if he's playable. He's played such a large role in Game Freak's promotions this year, and even within the world of Pokémon X/Y -- based upon some things I'm reading -- he is still a prominent character in the game. This not even considering the fact that he has been one of the highest requested characters for Smash 4. If not him, then it will be Jigglypuff.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also feel I need to say that after this morning's Nintendo Direct, my opinion on Super Mario 3D World has dramatically changed. Sweet mercy that game looks gorgeous. And if the trailer song is indicative of what to expect from the soundtrack, I'm absolutely excited.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I THINK THIS IS THE MONTH OF LEAKS, SINCE POKÉMON X AND Y WAS LEAKED 11 DAYS BEFORE THE RELEASE DATE.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
20 users and 9 guests. We ballin'. Anyways. I want Isaac to join, so someday Golden Sun discussions will be as notorious as Fire Emblem "discussions".

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
20 users and 9 guests. We ballin'. Anyways. I want Isaac to join, so someday Golden Sun discussions will be as notorious as Fire Emblem "discussions".
I don't think Golden Sun has much choices for a character, honestly. It's either Isaac or Matthew.

Given that Isaac also appears in the third game and was a supporting character, not unlike Olimar who was protagonist in the first two games of his series and supporting in the third, I think if there's to be a Golden Sun character, it is Isaac who's the likeliest choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom