• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Someone also gave me negative rep because he said that Emolga was a great pokemon and can be used competitively online and I posted why Emolga sucks and shouldn't be used competitively because as SMOGON pus it
"Cute Electric rodents have always been useless in the competitive scene, and Emolga continues that tradition; it is both weak offensively and extremely frail defensively. Its only saving grace is its good Speed, which allows it to pull off a barely decent support set that makes use of Tailwind. Emolga is a bad Pokemon, and you should always consider other options, such as Rotom-S, before using it."
His reply was "Yeah...coz everything has to be powerful..."

REALLY now, YOU were the one that brought up Emolga's strength and ability in competitive battling and when I proved you wrong you go to the "Pokemon don't all have to be powerful competitively" route?
Now you know how I feel when I talk to most of the ingrate morons here about competitive smash.

I'll say "Meta Knight is far and away the best."

Their argument is always something stupid like "but if ur rly good, u can win, and charatursz don't mattah cuz skill wins and mah Link dah best."

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I flipping hate plusle, minun, and pachirisu. Stupid pika-clones (at least emolga and that electric/fairy rat have different types)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope Meta Knight is confirmed soon. He was my favorite broken character. :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I read that. In my opinion if he wished to mention it, sure, he could've. I have a feeling that it was more Nintendo forcing him to not mention it than him not putting it in of his own free will. It's a huge Old Shame for Nintendo, not Aonuma. And Aonuma knows they're clearly famous as well. Remember, there's a lot of people who hate certain Zelda games anyway. For whatever reason. Some actually despise Zelda II, which one of the games was based upon, so "terrible gameplay" has been applied to more than just the CD-i games anyway.

Anyway, I don't remember Hyrule Historia mentioning any non-canon materials, so that's the entire reason, end of story. If he only wants canon stuff in there, makes sense to me. Not that mentioning what was actually non-canon in a small list would've been a bad thing either. Acknowledging all Zelda material is fine, IMO. Regardless of fan opinions of it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Anyway, I don't remember Hyrule Historia mentioning any non-canon materials, so that's the entire reason, end of story.
It actually did cover two non-canon games: BS The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets & Link's Crossbow Training. But they were like "Oh! They existed. Moving along..."

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
It actually did cover two non-canon games: BS The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets & Link's Crossbow Training. But they were like "Oh! They existed. Moving along..."
Only reason I even knew Ancient Stone Tablets existed was the Hellfirecomms Zeldathon lol.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well of course he says that. Those games were terrible.
Well those games didn't suck.

Also, BS Zelda needs to be a thing again.

Virtual Console anybody, perhaps as a free to play game ($5 to unlock more content, $40 max with all the original stuff plus a bit more added stuff)=???

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Crossbow Training is dubious canon, actually. It perfectly makes sense to happen right after TP entirely.

The BS game is another story. Did he say they were non-canon specifically? Because that's an entirely different story.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I flipping hate plusle, minun, and pachirisu. Stupid pika-clones (at least emolga and that electric/fairy rat have different types)
Plusle and Minun would make a lot more unique Smash Bros playable characters (as a team of course) than Emolga or Pachirisu though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Crossbow Training is dubious canon, actually. It perfectly makes sense to happen right after TP entirely.

The BS game is another story. Did he say they were non-canon specifically? Because that's an entirely different story.
I have no clue on what is Nintendo's standpoint on Ancient Stone Tablets (same goes with Zelda for the Game & Watch)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
*waiting for Lobo to hate on Plusle and Minun again*
C'mon, I have a gif ready and everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom