• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Can't wait to see if there are little cutscenes like this in the next adventure mode depending on specific requirements being made:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
And I suppose you're going to tell me we have uncontacted tribes in this day and age.
There actually is this one tribe discovered in the Amazon. It's pretty weird what you could find in an online store.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There actually is this one tribe discovered in the Amazon. It's pretty weird what you could find in an online store.
There are actually a number of them in other parts of the world. I believe there's a Pacific Island tribe that absolutely refuses outside contact. It's probably for the best as the diseases we carry would kill them all.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
There are actually a number of them in other parts of the world. I believe there's a Pacific Island tribe that absolutely refuses outside contact. It's probably for the best as the diseases we carry would kill them all.
I was making a joke

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
What the hell are you people blabbering about?
Someone said HD is for morons
Someone responded with saying "so is SD in 2013"
And then I think that's when I lost my faith in these boards.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
lets see if people yell at me if I say it in caps
HD IS FOR MORONS!
*Flame Shield Engaged*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It what happens when you insult cel shaded graphics o3o
Perhaps, but it happens even more when you say something with the sole purpose of trying to provoke people to yell at you.

Expressing an opinion is fine. Condemning others for not sharing yours isn't, and baiting others for the sole purpose of causing an argument definitely isn't.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
There should totally be a "Taunt Party" mode...

Anyway, speaking of parties, I really hope Mario Party gets some more representation, preferably a stage for me. Perhaps something like fighting on top of a vehicle, travelling across a Mario Party themed board. Or maybe having a gimmick that involves dice being rolled, causing special effects depending on what the player rolled. I dunno... but I think a stage is long overdue (as with other series... *sigh*). At the very least, maybe some music.

It's funny as I had a Mario Party related dream last night. The CPUs kept rolling large numbers, but when they moved they kept going around in circles and I was all like, "WTF!?"... strange.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Perhaps, but it happens even more when you say something with the sole purpose of trying to provoke people to yell at you.

Expressing an opinion is fine. Condemning others for not sharing yours isn't, and baiting others for the sole purpose of causing an argument definitely isn't.
sorry It's just me.......I like to see who would get mad at me sometimes.....but meh I admit it HD looks good on Smash Bros.......but still if you don't cel shaded graphics don't talk about it :\

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There should totally be a "Taunt Party" mode...

Anyway, speaking of parties, I really hope Mario Party gets some more representation, preferably a stage for me. Perhaps something like fighting on top of a vehicle, travelling across a Mario Party themed board. Or maybe having a gimmick that involves dice being rolled, causing special effects depending on what the player rolled. I dunno... but I think a stage is long overdue (as with other series... *sigh*). At the very least, maybe some music.

It's funny as I had a Mario Party related dream last night. The CPUs kept rolling large numbers, but when they moved they kept going around in circles and I was all like, "WTF!?"... strange.
You can go around in circles in one of the Mario Party 4 stages, so it's not that strange, I guess. Actually, you can do that in more than one game. Anyway, I'd like some real rep from it too. Not a single item has appeared from it, unfortunately. Although I'm not sure what item would fit best. The Mega/Mini Mushrooms are already available by a technicality, the Magic Lamp(and similar items) are useless. The Star is already there, albeit, different from how MP does it. Let's see... Bowser Suit would've only been good if it turned you into Giga Bowser, and this would have to be before Bowser in Brawl had that Final Smash. Yeah, I can't think of any good Item ideas. :/

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You can go around in circles in one of the Mario Party 4 stages, so it's not that strange, I guess. Actually, you can do that in more than one game. Anyway, I'd like some real rep from it too. Not a single item has appeared from it, unfortunately. Although I'm not sure what item would fit best. The Mega/Mini Mushrooms are already available by a technicality, the Magic Lamp(and similar items) are useless. The Star is already there, albeit, different from how MP does it. Let's see... Bowser Suit would've only been good if it turned you into Giga Bowser, and this would have to be before Bowser in Brawl had that Final Smash. Yeah, I can't think of any good Item ideas. :/
Skeleton Key is clearly the best item.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So, you guys know I'm working on a database project to keep info from smash tournaments right?

I'm trying to brainstorm a name, any ideas?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not cel-shaded, though. It's a special outline meant to help make the characters more noticeable. And yeah, it's pretty much just a black outline. I forget exactly what Sakurai called it, but it's actually a fairly accurate term.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
It's not cel-shaded, though. It's a special outline meant to help make the characters more noticeable. And yeah, it's pretty much just a black outline. I forget exactly what Sakurai called it, but it's actually a fairly accurate term.
derp...........I know it's for seeing characters easily but now we can take it off so now I guess people will finally stop complaining over it.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Mmm, perhaps I should have been more specific. It was more like the CPUs going around in circles around one or two spaces, taking the same number of steps as the number they rolled lol.

Anyway, not too sure on items. But the first thing that came into my mind are Ztars/Shadow Stars/Dark Stars/whatever. Sure, the first appearance was in SMRPG, but they are mostly associated with the Mario Party games, and I think they are pretty iconic too. Perhaps they could have a negative effect on the player or opponents? I'm not one to come up with effects lol.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
So, you guys know I'm working on a database project to keep info from smash tournaments right?

I'm trying to brainstorm a name, any ideas?
Smash Bros Database Project

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now that I think of it, Starfy, Paper Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and the Four Giants are the only Nintendo characters that at least abused or destroyed the moon in their games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mmm, perhaps I should have been more specific. It was more like the CPUs going around in circles around one or two spaces, taking the same number of steps as the number they rolled lol.

Anyway, not too sure on items. But the first thing that came into my mind are Ztars/Shadow Stars/Dark Stars/whatever. Sure, the first appearance was in SMRPG, but they are mostly associated with the Mario Party games, and I think they are pretty iconic too. Perhaps they could have a negative effect on the player or opponents? I'm not one to come up with effects lol.
Maybe they reverse their controls for a while. And yes, computers should be affected too. XD

And yeah, I get what you mean.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Now that I think of it, Starfy, Paper Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and the Four Giants are the only Nintendo characters that at least abused or destroyed the moon in their games.
Doesn't Luigi blow up the moon in Luigi's Mansion? Ah, but I think it's some sort if illusion thing so I guess it doesn't count... at any rate, that part always creeped my out as a kid haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom