• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
OPINIONS ARE OPINIONS! Yours to yours and mine to mine. You may love Fire Emblem, while me and almost everybody else doesn't. Get used to different opinions that isn't your own. You have your fanbase, and you have your hatebase. Learn to live with different opinions, because yours is not the truth.

Besides, try commenting on my stage selections, not my omission of Earthbound. Wow, people attack me for no reason, these days... :ohwell:
Where do you get the "facts" you are spouting out that almost everyone agrees with you then? You are stating your "opinions" as fact and hiding behind them without any solid EVIDENCE.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
OPINIONS ARE OPINIONS! Yours to yours and mine to mine. You may love Fire Emblem, while me and almost everybody else doesn't. Get used to different opinions that isn't your own. You have your fanbase, and you have your hatebase. Learn to live with different opinions, because yours is not the truth.

Besides, try commenting on my stage selections, not my omission of Earthbound. Wow, people attack me for no reason, these days... :ohwell:
One nitpick, Takamaru would have a Japanese stage, not a Chinese one. Nothing major though.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
How are troops so idiotic they can't see a completely random 15 man reinforcement squad coming at them!?!?

I try my best to plan around reinforcements, and have been playing FE quite a bit, I went through the first game on the hardest difficulty in fact. I just find it incredibly dumb and annoying is all, and feel it could be done MUCH better.
well you ARE playing on the hardest difficultly, so expect the troops to not tell you when an enemy approaches, yes its annoying for some, but I like it when a game challenges me which is why I enjoy most FE's. (btw love your lolo and lala sig). oh and I'd like to hear how it could have been better. (curious)

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Where do you get the "facts" you are spouting out that almost everyone agrees with you then? You are stating your "opinions" as fact and hiding behind them without any solid EVIDENCE.
I was agreeing with BaPR and Capps in that Fire Emblem just sucks in general, because it's way too difficult, characters are uninteresting, and the gameplay is just unforgiving to players in general. I never played a Fire Emblem game in my life, I'm just commenting on what other people are saying, like on GameFaqs or YouTube. When SO MANY people are saying these things, they can't ALL be wrong, now can they? Seriously...

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I was agreeing with BaPR and Capps in that Fire Emblem just sucks in general, because it's way too difficult, characters are uninteresting, and the gameplay is just unforgiving to players in general. I never played a Fire Emblem game in my life, I'm just commenting on what other people are saying, like on GameFaqs or YouTube. When SO MANY people are saying these things, they can't ALL be wrong, now can they? Seriously...
You just lost all creditability using gamefaq's and youtube as sources. Along with saying you haven't played the series yourself, you cannot judge a game unless you play it yourself.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's one thing to say "I have no interest in Fire Emblem." It's another thing entirely to say
The Fire Emblem series just sucks in general. :rolleyes:
Especially after having admitted you haven't played any of the games.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Well, you can't really have a true opinion on a game unless you play it for yourself.

EDIT: Beaten.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
??? Sacred Stones shouldn't have enemy-phase reinforcements. What difficulty are you playing on?

As hard as it gets. It is a beat up copy, maybe I screwed up the poor thing somehow and it's running weird...

well you ARE playing on the hardest difficultly, so expect the troops to not tell you when an enemy approaches, yes its annoying for some, but I like it when a game challenges me which is why I enjoy most FE's. (btw love your lolo and lala sig). oh and I'd like to hear how it could have been better. (curious)

Mostly, I just hate an entire hour of gameplay can be wasted in one second, it's... well, I got a video XD

The little bit on FE is better then I could word it myself and is what made me realize I'm not liking the games now because I could finally point to why.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's sad when people ALWAYS mix up Japan and China. I mean, we are aware of their complicated history together, but we have to agree that they aren't that similar! :hulk:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
As hard as it gets.
Well, maybe that's the problem. No shame in playing on Easy or Normal modes, dude.
It is a beat up copy, maybe I screwed up the poor thing somehow and it's running weird...
Technology doesn't work like that I'm afraid.

If FE isn't your cup of tea, that's fine. At least you gave the series a shot.

TheDivineDeity

It's sad when people ALWAYS mix up Japan and China. I mean, we are aware of their complicated history together, but we have to agree that they aren't that similar! :hulk:
Seriously, I'm purely-bread country Americana who goes to church and likes to have a barbecue, and I don't have the time to learn about other cultures that aren't my own. That's the truth. What's also the truth is that I'm not the only one who thinks China and Japan are no different than each, because quite frankly, their cultures are way too similar to each other (advanced technology, spiritual mysticism, fish food, strange customs, everybody looks the same, etc.) - I mean, who can tell the difference? I mean, I respect their culture (I LOVE Japan and China can be pretty cool when it wants to) and I'm not being racist, but I'm to my own culture especially. All I'm saying is that I'm better off knowing my own country better than other ones, because this is the country I'm living in. I'm not just saying, I'm just saying. :ohwell:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yes you are

It's just that we're also allowed to call you out when your opinion is bullsh**.

Opinions are usually based on facts you acquire through trying things out also.

So when you outright say a series sucks but you've never touched it? Like half the series Deity has clearly never touched? Then yeah, your ''opinion" is going to get attacked.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Seriously, I'm purely-bread country Americana who goes to church and likes to have a barbeque, and I don't have the time to learn about other cultures that aren't my now. That's the truth. What's also the truth is that I'm not the only one who thinks China and Japan are no different than each, because quite frankly, their cultures are way too similar to each other (advanced technology, spiritual mysticism, fish food, strange customs, everybody looks the same, etc.) - I mean, who can tell the difference? I mean, I respect their culture (I LOVE Japan and China can be pretty cool when it wants to) and I'm not being racist, but I'm to my own culture especially. All I'm saying is that I'm better off knowing my own country better than other ones, because this is the country I'm living in. I'm not just saying, I'm just saying. :ohwell:
I'm an American who goes to Church and can tell the difference between China and Japan.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You're entitled to your opinion, Deity... but you're not supposed to let your opinion be known to others... especially opinions like these... especially on the Internet.

TheDivineDeity

Opinions are usually based on facts you acquire through trying things out also.

So when you outright say a series sucks but you've never touched it? Like half the series Deity has clearly never touched? Then yeah, your ''opinion" is going to get attacked.
I'm a casual player, not a hardcore one. Like I said, I don't know everything.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You're not allowed to hurt the others by stating an opinion that acts negatively on what they like.
Well, using your opinions to hurt other people's feelings is legal... using your opinions to hurt other people's rights is not... there's the difference.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
As hard as it gets. It is a beat up copy, maybe I screwed up the poor thing somehow and it's running weird...

Mostly, I just hate an entire hour of gameplay can be wasted in one second, it's... well, I got a video XD

The little bit on FE is better then I could word it myself and is what made me realize I'm not liking the games now because I could finally point to why.
I see what your saying, shinpichu ninja'd me on what i was going to say, i mean its not that punishing, (to me anyway) but if you dont like it well different strokes for different folks i guess.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
.....Lettttttttt's change the subject.

We all already know that there won't be any platform exclusive playable characters but how would you feel if there be platform exclusive NON-playable characters?

I think that would make the experience between the two games even cooler. Anyone else?

TheDivineDeity

Yeah... clearly I'm not allowed to have an opinion on Fire Emblem, or at least a negative one, because it goes against the mainstream culture of Smashboards. Fire Emblem is not a GOD to worship blindly, nor is it a blasphemous crime to be a heretic against the series. People should be entitled to their opinions, no matter how different they are from each other. Take John 8:7 to all your hearts, and learn to love again in this world, because we are all sinners, and we all deserve salvation. We won't achieve salvation, however, if we keep casting stones against each other. Forgive and forget.

Whatever. Anyways, anything else happening these days? :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom