• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
My WTF moment that was bigger than when I found out about Wii Fit Trainer in Smash 4 is...

Warning: Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess spoilers.

Makes sense if you've fought this boss
Yeah that one was awesome :awesome: ,
a real wtf moment when al those little ones appeared with the frigging walking Eye ball :laugh:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Many platforms floating around? Or maybe like Rainbow cruise. I think a mix of Rainbow Cruise+Delphino would be ideal for this stage, yeah, like Pokefloats, oh man, that'd be awesome, I loved Pokefloats.
I like the idea of Pokefloats-eqsue stage.

The only MGS game I have played was Twin Snakes for the Gamecube. Though I don't think Sakurai will include stages based on levels from games that didn't appear on a Nintendo platform, but I would imagine the stage having a couple pillars laid out and the boss from that level will begin to mow down the stage from left to right (and vise-versa) after the stage prompts an incoming attack kinda like Onett does with the cars

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Wonderful 101 seems to have awesome easter eggs like this:

Also, Wonder Pink mentions Viewtiful Joe! :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Oh jeez, no.
Hearing La...la-la...la-la-la...la-la-la... over and over in the background would be annoying. XD
You mean terrifying?

I like the idea of Pokefloats-eqsue stage.

The only MGS game I have played was Twin Snakes for the Gamecube. Though I don't think Sakurai will include stages based on levels from games that didn't appear on a Nintendo platform, but I would imagine the stage having a couple pillars laid out and the boss from that level will begin to mow down the stage from left to right (and vise-versa) after the stage prompts an incoming attack kinda like Onett does with the cars
Yeah, I know, it's a shame, well there are many other memorable locations in Shadow Moses that could make for a good stage. Also, Snake Eater is on the 3DS, so maybe the scene where you fight The Boss could be made into a stage, though I still haven't played MGS3 (it's the only one I got left to play), so I can't say much there.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm basically convinced the other playable character in Tropical Freeze is King K. Rool and that when the game is released this November, we'll get the announcement of him being playable in Sm4sh.
I'm convinced.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
I'm basically convinced the other playable character in Tropical Freeze is King K. Rool and that when the game is released this November, we'll get the announcement of him being playable in Sm4sh.
I'm convinced.
I was thinking the same! But this might be a problem: http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/wiiu/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-interview-character-4-and-more/

KT: We’re thinking that we’ll probably add one more character. So we’ll invite you to go ahead and take your best guess as to which Kong you think is going to join us.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm convinced.
I hope so, otherwise everything that occurred this week will repeat all over again... I better make an account for that petition site just in case. LOL

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Because I'm not trying to 'cure' anything. I just like freshening up things and having new ideas. This is why I don't mind cuts really. I hate the idea that 90% of the roster is considered 'staple.'
Silly Manly, you should know better... once a character becomes playable in Smash, it is automatically staple and cannot ever be cut from all future Smash games. :troll:

SSB4 should have all 35 characters from Brawl plus Mewtwo and Roy and the 13 newcomers.

SSB5 should have all 50 characters from SSB4 plus 15 newcomers.

SSB6 should have all 65 characters from SSB5 plus 15 newcomers.

SSB7 should have all 80 characters from SSB6 plus 15 newcomers (Ridley is finally in Smash! :troll:)

And so on.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Had a seriously derp thought for how obvious it might be.

Think we'll get Pictochat as a past stage exclusively on the 3DS?
And I the Wii U might end up getting a Miiverse stage...
Not sure how i feel about what i just typed...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Had a seriously derp thought for how obvious it might be.

Think we'll get Pictochat as a past stage exclusively on the 3DS?
Meh, I'd rather see Swapnote get a stage. At least it's got colors. :awesome:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I wish Sakurai posted a pic every hour. Might cause a little obesity, but I'm willing to risk my health for more pics.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Silly Manly, you should know better... once a character becomes playable in Smash, it is automatically staple and cannot ever be cut from all future Smash games. :troll:

SSB4 should have all 35 characters from Brawl plus Mewtwo and Roy *and Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Pichu and the 13 newcomers.

SSB7 should have all 80 characters from SSB6 plus 15 newcomers (Ridley is finally in Smash! :troll:)

And so on.
I support this, even if it's made in jest.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
I wish Sakurai posted a pic every hour. Might cause a little obesity, but I'm willing to risk my health for more pics.
Too much would be given to us, the hype may fade. It is better if he only posts daily for 5 days a week.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Too much would be given to us, the hype may fade. It is better if he only posts daily for 5 days a week.
Okay then. I hope Sakurai creates a miiverse for the 3DS, so people will have their Wii U pics on the WIi U and others will have the 3DS pics on the 3DS.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

SSB4 should have all 35 characters from Brawl plus Mewtwo and Roy and the 13 newcomers.

And so on.
SSB15 confirmed for being tied with Tobal 2 for largest fighting game roster.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

And so on.
At this rate Smash will catch up to the Budokai Tenkaichi Series in playable characters!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Alright, I may be saying something that will get me killed...

I find that I no longer enjoy Fire Emblem and they are bad games.

NOW I may have a small out: has the gameplay changed a bit since the advance games? I'm tired of having a perfectly planned out attack to have 15 (I kid you not) troops suddenly walk into me without warning, ruining the game, and wasting an hour of gameplay. Then doing that AGAIN when it happens a second time on a map. It's irritating. I finally went and just looked up the story line as the game lost all fun for me. :(

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

NOW I may have a small out: has the gameplay changed a bit since the advance games? I'm tired of having a perfectly planned out attack to have 15 (I kid you not) troops suddenly walk into me without warning, ruining the game, and wasting an hour of gameplay. Then doing that AGAIN when it happens a second time on a map. It's irritating. I finally went and just looked up the story line as the game lost all fun for me. :(
Yeah that's one of the new things with Awakening. Used to be if enemy reinforcements spawned they couldn't move that turn so you could get away/protect squishy units/kill them before they attacked, but in awakening they spawn and immediately attack. The game tries to make it more fair by making the someone say a line of dialog when reinforcements are coming soon and of course enemies can only spawn in certain areas but's it was still incredibly annoying IMO.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Hey guys, hows it going? Anyways, here are some stage ideas I have, based on my current roster (credit to Moon Monkey for the idea):

Mario - Starship Mario / Super Mario 3D Land stage / Mario Kart stage
Luigi - Luigi's Mansion
Peach - None
Bowser - Bowser's Castle OR Airship

Yoshi - Yoshi's Island

DK and Diddy- Minecart Stage
King K. Rool - Gangplank Galleon

Wario - Warioware inc. OR Virtual Boy stage

Link - Skyloft
Zelda/Impa - None (maybe a retro stage like Hyrule Castle)
Ganondorf - Gerudo Valley
Vaati - Dark Hyrule Castle

Samus/ZSS/Ridley - Pyrosphere

Olimar - Forest of Hope

Pit/Palutena/Medusa - Chapter 11 stage

Ice Climbers - Some ice level
R.O.B - None
Mr. G&W - Flatzone 3
Takamaru - Some ancient Chinese castle

Kirby/King Dedede/Waddle Dee - Dreamland
Metaknight - Halberd

Fox - Sector Z/Corneria
Falco/Slippy - Lylat Cruise
Wolf - None

C. Falcon - Mute City OR any other stage

Pikachu/Pokemon Trainer - Pokemon Stadium 3
Mewtwo/Genesect - Team Rocket Labratory
Lucario - None

Ness - Nobody, and I mean LITERALLY nobody, cares.

Marth/Ike/Roy - Arena stage

Sonic - City Escape
Snake - Final level from MGS4
Megaman - Dr. Wily's Castle
Lloyd/Shulk - None (not every newcomer gets a stage, sadly)

Wii Fit Trainer - Fitness room

Villager - Smashville 2 (City Folk) and Smashville 3 (New Leaf)

Well... how do you all like it? Is it any good? :)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Its not a perfectly planned out attack if you dont assume theres going to be reinforcements imo, and just because one of your squishy units dies you suddenly call all FE games bad? Lol... if you played more than just SS you should know that FE games will always cause ya to reset/ragequit, especially if your new to the series. (i was about to say something harsher but i decided not to).

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Yeah, I know, it's a shame, well there are many other memorable locations in Shadow Moses that could make for a good stage. Also, Snake Eater is on the 3DS, so maybe the scene where you fight The Boss could be made into a stage, though I still haven't played MGS3 (it's the only one I got left to play), so I can't say much there.
I posted ideas for a MGS3 stage a while back. Thank heavens for the search function on here or else I never would've found it.
http://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-4-wii-u-3ds-topic.324221/page-1130#post-15754961

Here it is again if you want to reply to it on this page:

Metal Gear stage, in case Solid Snake returns. Yeeeeah boi.

Tselinoyarsk Mountains:
Groznyj Grad

Since Brawl had a stage from one of Solid Snake's games (MGS1), I thought this new stage should be from one of Big Boss' games since he's been in the spotlight for several games now since MGS4 and Solid Snake's story appeared to have ended.

The best choice (obviously) seems to be something from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, since this is currently the first game in the (in-game) timeline and the first game where Big Boss is the protagonist. And, uh, there's also the "recency" thing with the 3DS port, if that helps.

Groznyl Grad, Russian for "Terrible Fortress".
This is the site where the penultimate battles of MGS3 took place and where Big Boss - then known as "Naked Snake" - took down Volgin and the Shagohod before escaping with EVA to complete his final objective: to kill his beloved mentor, "The Boss".

The stage would integrate SSB's fighting gameplay with Metal Gear's stealth gameplay.

Not exactly sure where you would fight in the area. The runway? in front of the hangars? the rail bridge? Maybe it would be a moving stage that takes you to all of the above?

Either way, there'd be things behind the characters (on the Y axis) that you could hide behind.
The stage would be much more actiony than Shadow Moses, and being spotted by searchlights or helicopters would cause the fighters to be attacked by forces and receive a lot of damage.

If all the fighters hide for a while, the attackers go from "Alert Mode" to "Caution Mode", and eventually call off the search like in the original games, returning the fight to normal. I guess there could even be a timer on the screen that counts down how long it will take for them to stop searching.

There'd not only be hazards and elements from Snake Eater attacking you, but there'd also be elements from Portable Ops, Peace Walker, and maybe even Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain., making this stage represent Big Boss's games in general, I guess.

I'd like codec calls from The Boss, EVA, Dr. Clark/Paramedic, Major Zero, and possibly even young Ocelot as they appeared in the 60s, but I don't know how that would really work out. Solid Snake has the face of Big Boss/Naked Snake in SSBB, and shares his voice, so I guess it could make for funny conversations were the callers mistake Snake for Big Boss.

----
Some music tracks that I'd like:

-Metal Gear Alert Medley
A mix of snippets from various alert and caution themes from the series done in the style and by the composer(s) of the tracks from MGS2 and MGS3; examples include Battle in the Jungle from MGS3, RED ALERT from Metal Gear (MSX), the Alert theme for the Tanker chapter in MGS2, and the Alert theme for Arsenal Gear in MGS2.

-MGS3: Main Theme
-MGS3: Taking on the Shagohod
-MGS Peace Walker: Main Theme
-A mix of Takedown and Peace Waker, both from MGS Peace Waker
-MGS4: Old Snake
-MGS Peace Waker: Heaven's Divide
-MGS Peace Waker: Koi No Yokushiryoku (Love Deterrence)

-MGS The Phantom Pain: Sins of the Father

Maybe the other MGS main theme versions, and some stuff from non canon games like Acid and Ghost Babel.

Oh, and here's a new song for the stage:

TheDivineDeity

The Fire Emblem series just sucks in general. :rolleyes: Seriously, I hear the game is like a traditional Japanese RPG, because it's ****ing impossible or something like that. I mean, that's how the Japanese like their stuff - extremely high difficulties. But anyways, I did hear the games are way too hard. Like, they're impossible because enemies are too strong and your allies are too weak. Seriously though, your characters actually die PERMANENTLY in the battlefield? That sucks.....

That's why I stick to playing better games. :)

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Hey guys, hows it going? Anyways, here are some stage ideas I have, based on my current roster (credit to Moon Monkey for the idea):

Luigi - Luigi's Mansion
Peach - None

Yoshi - Yoshi's Island

Link - Skyloft

Olimar - Forest of Hope

R.O.B - None
Mr. G&W - Flatzone 3

Metaknight - Halberd

Fox - Sector Z/Corneria
Wolf - None

Lucario - None

Sonic - City Escape

once again.....why do you single out Ness like that???? jerk :c I care and I bet you a lot of other people on here care too!

TheDivineDeity

once again.....why do you single out Ness like that???? jerk :c I care and I bet you a lot of other people on here care too!
Okay, I'm sorry... maybe you and a few others do. But not the majority of the Smashverse, who would rather see the likes of Ridley, King K Rool, and Lloyd or Pacman instead. I'm sorry, but that's life. :ohwell:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
The Fire Emblem series just sucks in general. :rolleyes: Seriously, I hear the game is like a traditional Japanese RPG, because it's ****ing impossible or something like that. I mean, that's how the Japanese like their stuff - extremely high difficulties. But anyways, I did hear the games are way too hard. Like, they're impossible because enemies are too strong and your allies are too weak. Seriously though, your characters actually die PERMANENTLY in the battlefield? That sucks.....

Bwhahahahahaha, your arrogance astounds me in how little you actually know of FE, not too many FE's are actually insanely diffcult and they even have adjustable difficulties and there are quite a few easy to get into games in the series and they are STRATEGY RPG's NOT TRADITIONAL

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Its not a perfectly planned out attack if you dont assume theres going to be reinforcements imo, and just because one of your squishy units dies you suddenly call all FE games bad? Lol... if you played more than just SS you should know that FE games will always cause ya to reset/ragequit, especially if your new to the series. (i was about to say something harsher but i decided not to).

How are troops so idiotic they can't see a completely random 15 man reinforcement squad coming at them!?!?

I try my best to plan around reinforcements, and have been playing FE quite a bit, I went through the first game on the hardest difficulty in fact. I just find it incredibly dumb and annoying is all, and feel it could be done MUCH better.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Oh no, there are consequences for me doing badly and the game doesn't hold my hand and tell me what to do? OMG THIS GAEM SUCKZORS!

Seriously, FE games may be more difficult than average, but they're not impossible, especially not the more recent ones. Also, they're SRPGs, not "traditional" JRPGs.

Are you playing Awakening? Yeah, enemy-phase reinforcements will always be bulls**t. It's one of the reasons Awakening isn't my favourite game in the series.

FE6 has them, but FE7-9 has reinforcements show up on the player phase so that you can actually recover from them.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Luigi - Luigi's Mansion
Peach - None

Yoshi - Yoshi's Island

Link - Skyloft

Olimar - Forest of Hope

R.O.B - None
Mr. G&W - Flatzone 3

Metaknight - Halberd

Fox - Sector Z/Corneria
Wolf - None

Lucario - None

Sonic - City Escape

Generally, yes, except for that part about "Nobody, and I mean, LITERALLY nobody cares about Ness or his stage"

I like how put in a Virtual Boy Wario Land stage.
Also, I'm pretty sure that Takamaru's game takes place in ancient Japan, not China.

TheDivineDeity

Are you done being pretentious or do we have to educate you again.

OPINIONS ARE OPINIONS! Yours to yours and mine to mine. You may love Fire Emblem, while me and almost everybody else doesn't. Get used to different opinions that isn't your own. You have your fanbase, and you have your hatebase. Learn to live with different opinions, because yours is not the truth.

Besides, try commenting on my stage selections, not my omission of Earthbound. Wow, people attack me for no reason, these days... :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom