• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Did Sakurai ever state that he wasn't gonna use the touchscreen on both games? I remember something like that, but not sure if it was true. If someone has an interview, that would be nice.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I realized it's been dropped and all, but I agree completely, Holder. I was actually insinuating you were the adult with experience that still doesn't know everything, even though I wasn't being serious (and use a general example rather than something to justify whatever 2cool4skool life any kid's had).
All I can think about during this topic is how I'm sure lots of pedos that go around saying "love knows no age~" probably bring up "mental maturity" a lot too.

I used the saying a lot in one of my previous relationships. They were the one 5 years older than I.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
There's a hole in my pocket where my Charmander should go.

Damn fire-types burning through my shirts.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Same here! The Bulbasaur evolution line is the bees knees, and on a slightly unrelated note I just ordered these two shirts lol

Pocket Monsters....haha.

The only PT pokémon I was actually good with was Ivysaur.

I think PT would keep the same pokémon as in Brawl. I doubt he would throw away three good, non-clone movesets.
I hope he returns, too. I wasn't good with him, though.

-----

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The only PT pokémon I was actually good with was Ivysaur.

I think PT would keep the same pokémon as in Brawl. I doubt he would throw away three good, non-clone movesets.
I'm good with Ivysaur and Charizard, though I'd have to say Ivysaur is my favorite.

I'd absolutely love a playable Charmander though...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You know my Pokemon pipe dream?

Meowth.

I know I know. Outside of the anime he's not even important, but god damn it.

I love Meowth.

I use to hate Jigglypuff mindlessly just because she wasn't Meowth in Smash 64.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
You know my Pokemon pipe dream?

Meowth.

I know I know. Outside of the anime he's not even important, but god damn it.

I love Meowth.

I use to hate Jigglypuff mindlessly just because she wasn't Meowth in Smash 64.
Meowth would be pretty cool, could use Pay Day and such. Also speaking of Jigglypuff does anyone expect the pink puffball to get any Fairy moves?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Eevee would be an interesting addition to the roster if they could figure out how to work her mechanics.

I'd give her Glaceon and Umbreon to ''evolve" into.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Or Solid Snake. God, the sheer amount of fanboy tears from that decision would be like a freakin' tidal wave.
...Ummm... Solid Snake is confirmed to be into women. The worst they could make him is bisexual.

Also, Nintendo has a sexually ambiguous character: Birdo... and Sexually Ambiguous Game & Watch... and Sexually Ambiguous Mrs. Game & Watch.

Also, seeing as how most Nintendo characters aren't exactly sexually beings (not even subtle small hints of flirting or sexual attraction), them being gay doesn't add anything. Heck, half of the Nintendo characters in Smash could be gay, and we wouldn't even know it.

If you really want to find out what every Nintendo character's sexual orientation or preferences are, send them to the Pokémon Day Care Center. That place exposes all kinds of weird sexual behavior, and at the end of it all, chances are you'll get an egg!!! :rotfl:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No, I lead myself thank you. ;)
Are you saying you, the experimental test dummy and exhibition slave of N3ON, are Ridley=???
I just think if it is possible, the transform for them (and maybe Zelda and Sheik, but moreso just them; maybe ZSS and Samus too [both ways]) should be a taunt.

Oh, and get ride of the stamina system, and make it to where all of the Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon can fight on their own.

While I'm at it, get ride of Lucario's aura system.

Oh, and make all of the Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon way better and actually feel unique; the latter point goes for Lucario as well (he felt somewhat generic).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We're all talking about PT eh?

I approve.

:pt:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh, and get ride of the stamina system, and make it to where all of the Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon can fight on their own.

While I'm at it, get ride of Lucario's aura system.
This.

Just once I'd like to die as Ivysaur without risking taking additional damage or getting K.O'd again to switch back to him.

Lucario's Aura system wasn't bad too me, though he certainly needs a better moveset. I've said it several times before, his moveset felt very bland to me.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, no one liked the stamina system, and if Sakurai keeps it, he'll get crapped on like an ant in a portable bathroom toilet.

Also, the Pokémon switches should all be possible via a taunt command of some sort, or maybe like an A+Y or A+X command.

As for Lucario, it didn't add anything, and it takes away from the game and how unique he really is, or at least could be. It's just like "oh yeah, we're gonna make matches lopsided now." Without that stupid aura system, Project M showed us just how much ridiculous potential Lucario has for being an amazing playable character.
Apparently DivineDeity reported this post.... Wat do?
Ban Habanero for having better posts than the rest of us.
Honestly, I think in 2 weeks time we will learn of Ridley's fate.
If by 2 weeks you mean 2 years, then I 100% agree.
If by 2 weeks you mean 2 months, then I 10% agree with you.
If by 2 weeks you mean 2 weeks, then I 1% agree with you.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I honestly love Lucario's Aura system, but maybe that's just me.
It was just you. The aura literally added nothing but artificial comebacks both ways.

If Sakurai really wanted a system like that to work (like in other fighting games), he should treat it like other fighting games, and give Lucario a super move charge up thingy.

Project M did that, and with it, they gave Lucario an A+B move, and he gets A FREAKY SPIRIT BOMB to his Kamehameha (that's what I now call Lucario's nB).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm glad people will stop whining about it now, although, I love the outlines.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Eh, the more options the better for these kind of things. As long as things aren't tint, dark, or hard to define like Brawl (thanks to the Wii's limitations) like what happened with Brawl, I'm all good. Oh, and lazy backgrounds like Distant Planet's background. That crap should never happen again. :glare:
You called them San-Francisco Rainbow lovers....
Try getting run over a person with a herd of people with a female "upper body" and a male "lower body" running with no clothes on, followed by another person with a similar body on a bike in San Francisco.

("Secret Penis" indeed)

No, I can't make this crap up.

No, it wasn't Gay Pride, but rather some weird sexual exhibitionist celebration parade of some sort.

And yes, this is on the topic of Smash Bros, because this was ON MY WAY TO A SMASH TOURNAMENT no less!!! :facepalm:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I wake up and I read almost 10+ pages worth of omgwtf BBQ, and some moron comparing civil rights to a ****ing bunch of pixels.
. . . . . . . . . .
This thread keeps surprising me every time.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
You guys know how he doesn't want the smash U to have touchscreen, because it would be unfair to the other players? I find it weird how he is doing the same thing for the 3DS, because everyone will have it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wake up and I read almost 10+ pages worth of omgwtf BBQ, and some moron comparing civil rights to a ****ing bunch of pixels.
. . . . . . . . . .
This thread keeps surprising me every time.
You mean Divine?

I'm afraid you'll have to get used to it. He's responsible for most of the arguments on the Roster Prediction discussion thread.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
John, I thought you were done posting on this thread?

Regardless, I'm glad you are back. :grin:
I was done posting here, but the dumbness went away... at least the dumbness that drove me away. Everyone going all serious over certain topics just irk me, especially when it is all but a fact they are wrong, and that is what half of the people were doing.

On top of that, most of the people I want to read the posts of left or were posting very seldomly. You know, people like you, MexM, lobo, fastblade, Smooth, Iblis, yani (where'd he go=???), :( Moon "Master" Monkey, Kuma, Golden (yes Golden, I love you despite your Imp Wa-flaws), Eternal phoenix Fire, swampasaur, God Robert's Cousin, Neanderthal, AEM, Venus, FalKoopa, Croph, augustoflores, Banjodorf, Triple Dash, Starphoenix, automatic, Psycho, Oasis, Scoliosis Jones, R.O.B., Opossum, M&S Guy, Luco (son needs to stroll on by more), SSBF, BKupa (secretly one of the best hands down poster) Homelessvagrant, samusrules, qdMbp, peacock, Groose, Holder, disfunk, berserker, GiantBreadbug, shinpichu, shinhed, Poppy, shortie (why the heck do people think shortie and I have a beef=??? I freaking love shortie), IsmaR, Hoots (specifically when he is mad mad), thethirdkoopa, Hab Hab, Manly, N3ON, and other great posters who post here.

You all seemed to be posting less and less and less each day, and in your place, the dumbeness was taking over via much less wiser posters.

That and only hairy head Johnknight1 retired. :shades:

But alas, you guys post more, my hair is now gone from my head, and thus, I have returned... :shades:

Hong

The Strongest
*Sighs* Been looking at Brawl-hype-era images.

Tiki, Kumatora or Lip would have been awesome.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Shoot, I could've told you that a long time ago.

When/if John dies in the story, this is what he'll hear as he passes on:
That song should DEFINITELY play when Johnknight dies.

And when Johnknight is dead, the planet needs to shake, the in your skin feeling of certain fear needs to crawl in everyone's skin, and from the ashes of Johnknight burns a fire, with this song playing...
...and conversely, the ashes rise, and a new ethereal and eternal being shall begin forming. And that being shall rise. And that being shall be a hero to all peoples. And he shall reign over all. And he shall be known as Johnknight1! (inb4FoxSports1jokes)

It could function much like what happens to Gandolf in Lord of the Rings where he goes from a Gray to a White.

Whenever, I start my first fight to avenge Johnknight's death, this song should play as I start showing off my newly minted powers...
Oh, and whenever I go full power, this song needs to play...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Today's discussion was by far the weirdest...
I blame Reggie's party
NEVER DISS THE PARTY THAT IS ALWAYS READY TO BREAK OUT
WHEN THE CHAMP ARRIVES TO FIGHT A TITLE BOUT
AS HE LET'S OUT A WARRIOR'S SHOUT
AND SHOW OFF WHILE BEING STOUT
WHILE AFTER THE FIGHT HIS OPPONENTS POUT
AND THE CHAMP LETS THE WHOLE WORLD KNOW WHAT HE IS ALL ABOUT!!!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are you ready for an update that has nothing to do with Ridley? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.