• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai's birthday is August 3rd? Well, it's Saturday so he could spend the day doing something different from his job... I think.

(It's August 3rd here since 14 minutes ago as I write this post. :p)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, the Japanese love their lolicon.
And so do people in the West apparently. It seems like a lot of the most popular artists on Miiverse have at least one "you know what would go good on this little girl; boobs that could choke an orca, that's what" drawing that gets an absurd number of "yeahs." There was an Ashley one on there a couple days where she's lifting up her dress and has cleavage bigger than the Grand Canyon that had over 1,000...

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
And so do people in the West apparently. It seems like a lot of the most popular artists on Miiverse have at least one "you know what would go good on this little girl; boobs that could choke an orca, that's what" drawing that gets an absurd number of "yeahs." There was an Ashley one on there a couple days where she's lifting up her dress and has cleavage bigger than the Grand Canyon that had over 1,000...

Nintendo needs to have standards or their reputation will suffer badly... They'd better step it up.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You say all of this like it's a bad thing~ ¦D

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nintendo needs to have standards or their reputation will suffer badly... They'd better step it up.
Well, according to your standards, then Nintendo already has a bad reputation...

Say hi to Nowi from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can't say anything about age, but I can tell a fictional character when I see one.
But it's people having fantasies about a first grader. Don't you find that the least bit disturbing? I can excuse furries and other weird fetishes but I definitely draw a line at being okay with anything that gets the Pedobear Seal of Approval.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Nowi is kind of worse in context considering the designers do that BS of "looking a lot younger then what they are". In this case, Nowi is 1,000 years old but looks prepubescent. To top it off one that, she wears a revealing outfit and has a naive quirk with her being amused by human development to the point of pointing out "boingy bits". Also to push it further, she's not a human but rather a Manakete (dragon), so it technically could count as a form of bestiality/interspecies romance.

Don't even get me started on the fact that Fire Emblem: Awakening has the selling point of marrying others and producing children.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nowi is kind of worse in context considering the designers do that BS of "looking a lot younger then what they are". In this case, Nowi is 1,00 years old but looks prepubescent. To top it off one that, she wears a revealing outfit and has a naive quirk with her being amused by human development to the point of pointing out "boingy bits".
The "boingy bits" dialogue was censored in the European version of the game and replaced with an entirely new and less suggestive dialogue. Did you know that?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
But it's people having fantasies about a first grader. Don't you find that the least bit disturbing? I can excuse furries and other weird fetishes but I definitely draw a line at being okay with anything that gets the Pedobear Seal of Approval.
I find a lot of things disturbing, over time I've become numb to most of them. But yes, that is extremely disturbing, though I don't draw any morality lines with fiction; it isn't real, otherwise authors would be getting life for every character they offed.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nowi is kind of worse in context considering the designers do that BS of "looking a lot younger then what they are". In this case, Nowi is 1,000 years old but looks prepubescent. To top it off one that, she wears a revealing outfit and has a naive quirk with her being amused by human development to the point of pointing out "boingy bits". Also to push it further, she's not a human but rather a Manakete (dragon), so it technically could count as a form of bestiality/interspecies romance.

Don't even get me started on the fact that Fire Emblem: Awakening has the selling point of marrying others and producing children.
One thing that pisses me off is how often this is used in stories involving vampires, especially in anime, with "Lucy" characters who are basically succubi that have the appearance of grade school kids and then they always have the cliche speech about "I have the body of a child but the desires of a woman" or some garbage like that.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
One thing that pisses me off is how often this is used in stories involving vampires, especially in anime, with "Lucy" characters who are basically succubi that have the appearance of grade school kids and then they always have the cliche speech about "I have the body of a child but the desires of a woman" or some garbage like that.
[collapse=I immediately thought of this.]

She's actually 495 years old. :chuckle: [/collapse]

How are we not on topic? We were discussing Fire Emblem. :troll:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
According to Serebii, Pokemon X/Y is 1.7GB. For comparison sake, that makes it larger than the carrying capacity of a GameCube disc. For those worried about space issues in regards to the 3DS, keep in mind that there is the possibility that there will be 3DS cards even bigger than that by the time Smash 4 releases (which will probably be November 2014).

Its going to be crazy next year when we start getting a more regular stream of character confirmations (veteran and newcomer).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its interesting that there has not been a new third-party character for people to rally behind now that Mega Man has been confirmed. Sonic and Mega Man were pretty much the only two guys to come to most Smash Bros. fans minds after Snake was confirmed for Brawl, and now Nintendo fans seem mostly content about guests.

I think that whatever requests Pac-Man has now, comes mostly from the fact that Namco is developing this game, otherwise there would be very little interest in him. However, even then, there is less interest in Pac-Man than many other Nintendo characters.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Its interesting that there has not been a new third-party character for people to rally behind now that Mega Man has been confirmed. Sonic and Mega Man were pretty much the only two guys to come to most Smash Bros. fans minds after Snake was confirmed for Brawl, and now Nintendo fans seem mostly content about guests.

I think that whatever requests Pac-Man has now, comes mostly from the fact that Namco is developing this game, otherwise there would be very little interest in him. However, even then, there is less interest in Pac-Man than many other Nintendo characters.
We should get people behind Rayman then, he'd fit right in at least.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
According to Serebii, Pokemon X/Y is 1.7GB. For comparison sake, that makes it larger than the carrying capacity of a GameCube disc. For those worried about space issues in regards to the 3DS, keep in mind that there is the possibility that there will be 3DS cards even bigger than that by the time Smash 4 releases (which will probably be November 2014).
Honestly, the people that are bothered by the memory limitations of the 3DS are misinterpreting the statements Sakurai made regarding to how not every character will come back, and people being oblivious to how much a 3DS game card can store (potentially 8 GB).

Also a little bit of trivia, but Pokemon X & Y use the same amount of data as Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom