• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hm... Do you guys think that Olimar will only be able to have 3 pikmin?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Rock Man was confirmed during the post-E3 Nintendo Direct.

Edit: Well at least is was a female that ninja'd me.
I'm called HyperFalcon for a reason. :troll:

And yeah. Albeit, his original name was normally Rock before he became MegaMan or RockMan.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, Hyper, it was Rainbow Man. Rockman/Mega Man weren't 'til later.

Smooth Criminal
You've got an interesting backstory. :awesome:

But seriously, I actually know this one. XD

Anyway, I'd like some more pictures outside of Olimar/Villager/MegaMan(RockMan)/Wii Fit Trainer right now. :/

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Actually, Hyper, it was Rainbow Man. Rockman/Mega Man weren't 'til later.

Smooth Criminal
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think Rainbow Man was only proposed as an English name for Rockman(before Megaman was), which would make Rockman older than Rainbowman. Unless you're referring to the superhero Rainbowman.

Edit: Never mind, looked it up you guys are right. Also knuckle kid and mighty kid were also considered apparently.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I meant other characters, but definitely this too. :|
As bland as Mario is, its been so damn long since we've seen him in an update that is be glad to see him again. Bowser, Kirby, Pikachu, and Fox need some more love too.
As for stages, more Spirit Train, Skyloft, Arena Ferox, and Viridi's whatever pls.

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
As bland as Mario is, its been so damn long since we've seen him in an update that is be glad to see him again. Bowser, Kirby, Pikachu, and Fox need some more love too.
As for stages, more Spirit Train, Skyloft, Arena Ferox, and Viridi's whatever pls.
This.

I keep forgetting Fox is in even in this smash game. I feel like we never see anything about him. If I have to see another picture of that boxing ring stage (Punch Out!) one more time.......Please Sakurai show us some variety. :urg:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
They should make it like cribs
Today on cribs- Bowser's castle!
"So here's where I keep all my solid silver shells, this is my huge walk in garage where I park my thirty karts, here's my hall of golden minion statures; I don't even know why I have one but who cares, I'm rich!"

TheDirtyOne

Smash Rookie
Today on cribs- Bowser's castle!
"So here's where I keep all my solid silver shells, this is my huge walk in garage where I park my thirty karts, here's my hall of golden minion statures; I don't even know why I have one but who cares, I'm rich!"
And this is where the magic happens...

Cuts to kamek as an assist trophy

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So guys, why do you think we havent seen Miss Fit and Villager on the 3Ds yet?
I know someone brought up the possibility of Male Fit Trainer and Female Villager (gender swaps) being 3Ds exclusives. I don't want that, personally. I think its just Sakurai being boring, or the two aren't ready to be shown yet.

TheDirtyOne

Smash Rookie
I hope that's not the case. It would be completely unnecessary

I'm gonna chalk it up to Sakurai effing with us as always

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
..Before I change my avatar back

"Hear the spell of this immortal, send this creature through the portal!"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Goddamn bronies.
You prefer David Litterbin. I prefer MLP and Scaredy Kat. Let's respect each other's preferences.

What's with the Swat Kats avatars all of a sudden? :p
I decided to change mine, then Michael Jackson decided to change his to complement mine. Then IsamR decides to change his to Turmoil while Psycho's temporarily the Pastmaster.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's what Ryu gets for being a fountain of expies of shotoclones. Still, at least the reasoning is playstyle diversity. Let's face it, a lot of the big name fighting game main characters are the all-around type, and Mario fills, at least ideally, that role.
You're right since these guys are clones of Ryu and Ken in their own rights.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's remember that Mario, Dr. Mario, and Luigi(as of Melee) all were shotoclones as well. Only their Forward B's weren't typical shotoclone style. The spinning move, the dragon punch, and of course, the fireball. Albeit, to varying degrees, but still.

At least their Throws were different. :awesome: Notably, the Polygons subverted this, despite being clones of Mario and Luigi, since they lacked the B moves.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You're right since these guys are clones of Ryu and Ken in their own rights.

Why the heck is Makoto in that picture? She plays NOTHING like a shoto. At most, she has the look, but she is otherwise completely different from any of them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yep, old news.

The cutscenes were to be available in a menu from the start(which is spoiler incarnate...), but you don't go through them in the adventure mode.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, so Tekken, SoulCalibur and Street Fighter characters disconfirmed? I'm not surprised in the slightest.

D

Deleted member

You know, the deal is that it's kind of a no-brainer why Sakurai wouldn't want Fighting game characters in Smash Bros. it's kind of a wasted space in many ways, when it's more fun to add a non-fighting game character, and use other fighters as reference for their moves. I think I remember saying something similar a while back when people were vouching for Tekken characters. I mean, one thing is wistuful thinking, WANTING them in, but actually thinking they have any shot...

Sakurai's general selection process for characters isn't too complicated, it's kinda easy to see what choices he would prefer over others. I mean, while WFT was pretty much unpredictable, in hindsight, she shouldn't have been. Of course, in some choices, it's too hard to predict (FE characters for example).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, well, well... two down, one to go... now that Soul Calibur and Tekken characters are not getting in but Tales characters still have a chance... Pac-Man is all but confirmed. :awesome:

Pac-Man for Smash!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Barry White has more of a chance than Ryu seeing how he is more of a lover than a fighter.
I want this track for his stage!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What new stuff would a Tales character bring to the table that a Fire Emblem character wouldn't? A sword fighter who doesn't have blue hair! :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What new stuff would a Tales character bring to the table that a Fire Emblem character wouldn't? A sword fighter who doesn't have blue hair! :troll:
Lloyd Irving, double sword user, something we lack.

Let's not get started on the various Symphonia chars who aren't simply sword users. Presea, Regal, Raine, Genis...

And that's just one game. Yeah, unlike Fire Emblem, they have more variety in even the main character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom