• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So yeah, Corocoro was just leaked, and yes it is a new Mewtwo form. So anyone else thinking:

Pikachu
PT Red
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't care he;s getting a new form. I just don't like how it's ugly

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's kinda funny just how much larger Mewtwo's head/tail looks in the new pics, I mean it's larger than it's body frame. Pretty much the only problem I have with the new form.

Anyway it's Final Smash material. "laughs at people who think it'll be the default Mewtwo or an alternate costume"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm excited because I found out there is a PURPLE asparagus.

I'm going to find some and mix it with white and green asparagus and make my asparagus recipe the most interesting on the block

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I dunno what it is with Mewthree and looking terrible in photos.

I mean his in-game footage looked just fine, but those photos make him look awful.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
For me it's those fingers and toes, eugh....
If they were smaller and not so round, especially the middle toe on each of his feet, I'd personally like the look of this new form.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Street Fighter and now Mewtwo?

Ok, on the Street Fighter games... frickin full circle motions! Why, Capcom, why?! Those are damn hard to do...

On Mewtwo, I'm kind of glad that it's a new form, since it's safer to assume that Mewtwo will return to Smash, having his alt. form somehow incorporated in his moveset. Now that I think of it... first they give Mewtwo a signature move in Gen V and now they give him a form. TPC's been promoting him indeed...

D

Deleted member

So yeah, Corocoro was just leaked, and yes it is a new Mewtwo form. So anyone else thinking:

Pikachu
PT Red
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo
I'm with you in this. That is the only scenario I can see happening.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The most recent scan doesn't do the form justice at all. The head-tail is like 3x larger and looks ridiculous there. However, I agree 100% that this is going to be his FS

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My... The new scan makes his head just too large. :laugh:

Also, this Newtwo can definitely be used for an Adventure mode plot twist or something similar.

vicgur

Smash Ace

Pikachu
PT Red
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo
Part of me wants it to be just like this, but the other part doesn't want four GEN 1 characters and one GEN 4.
Pokémon is going to have six, SIX generations by the time the game launches, there should be some kind of variety to the roster.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this Pokémon roster, but I can't help but think there are more than 100 Pokémon who could also be in the game and are just wasted potentials.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Mewtwo's new form makes into his Smash moveset, Mewtwo will act as a Gen I and Gen VI character simultaneously, since its new form only debuted in Gen VI.

Pikachu (Gen I)
Pokémon Trainer (Gen I)
Lucario (Gen IV)
Jigglypuff (Gen I)
Mewtwo (Gen I / Gen VI)

That seems to be the best choice for Pokémon reps.

D

Deleted member

Anyway it's Final Smash material. "laughs at people who think it'll be the default Mewtwo or an alternate costume"
Why would it be a Final Smash?

If anything it would be Alt. Costumes imo. Pokemon Form changes don't work like going Super Saiyan. Once they turn into a form, they are in that form until you take the time to Undo it. In fact... Now I'm hoping the movie doesn't pull the "I'm not strong enough, so I'm gonna transform into my next form" Deus Ex Machina bull**** you see in a bunch of DBZ movies and play it off like a DBZ-esque transformation.

Having this be a Final Smash would be lame as ****, and predictable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, seeing that the Corocoro leak states that "Mewtwo has awakened and has turned into a new forme", it may very well be a final smash.

bobadz

Smash Ace
So from what I've been fading on this site, and others. Pokemon fans are 50/50 on this forme. Smash fans are mostly happy with it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Part of me wants it to be just like this, but the other part doesn't want four GEN 1 characters and one GEN 4.
Pokémon is going to have six, SIX generations by the time the game launches, there should be some kind of variety to the roster.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this Pokémon roster, but I can't help but think there are more than 100 Pokémon who could also be in the game and are just wasted potentials.
We play as characters, not generations. I'd rather have a whole bunch of Gen 1 Pokemon that people actually want that a mixture of so-so Pokemon that are added just for diversity/representation/whatever the buzzword of the month is.

There are other ways to get diversity for Pokemon. People forget that Pokemon has it's own special type of item that allows for the appearance for a bunch of non-playable Pokemon.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Regarding Pokémon, if we get all the veterans barring Pichu, I think I would be satisfied already. They are all iconic Pokémon, with Lucario being one of the few outside of Gen I to stand out. Sure, having Pokémon from all gens sounds very nice, but it's unrealistic.

Mewtwo having a new form is a good reason for him to come back to Smash and also represent X/Y.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Still, we should keep our non-roster ramblings in here. Though the discussion will probably drift back into the roster thread somehow...
Yeah. But I think the locking of that thread breathed a new life to this thread. I hope now everyone will think twice before going off-topic.... Hopefully

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah. But I think the locking of that thread breathed a new life to this thread. I hope now everyone will think twice before going off-topic.... Hopefully
Or they do it here. I'm hoping that the lock will lead to this thread taking its place as the proper off-topic discussion threads. But it seems like people are more drawn to the roster threads than the GD threads.

D

Deleted member

Or they do it here. I'm hoping that the lock will lead to this thread taking its place as the proper off-topic discussion threads. But it seems like people are more drawn to the roster threads than the GD threads.
Not gonna lie, I only went to the Roster Thread because that's where all the activity was. Hopefully this place will take over. Honestly, all of the discussion here has been less stupid, and we have more topics available to talk about around here rather than the usual Fire Emblem and Pokemon discussions...

As of last week I've been unsubscribed from the Roster thread, that place is time-eating cancer...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I actually like the more off topic discussion more, due to being generally less stupid. Honestly speaking, the people that treat characters as some sort of political debate are the worse.

vicgur

Smash Ace
We play as characters, not generations. I'd rather have a whole bunch of Gen 1 Pokemon that people actually want that a mixture of so-so Pokemon that are added just for diversity/representation/whatever the buzzword of the month is.
There are other ways to get diversity for Pokemon. People forget that Pokemon has it's own special type of item that allows for the appearance for a bunch of non-playable Pokemon.
I see your point.
Well, I can't really complain about it, because I'm really hoping every pokémon veteran [but Pichu] to be back.

It surely would be fun to have at least a Pokémon Trainer from another generation[I'd put GEN 3], but yeah, I'm not expecting 6 Pokémon characters in one Smash Bros.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, I have a gut feeling that Jigglypuff will probably get the boot this time around due to time constraints. She was already a low priority character during Brawl, and history repeating itself is a very possible thing. But this time, it won't be in her favor.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I actually like the more off topic discussion more, due to being generally less stupid. Honestly speaking, the people that treat characters as some sort of political debate are the worse.
There's also the benefit that we really seem like a more close knit group.

I'm gonna unsubscribe to the roster thread. Looking back, Manly was right, it is a gigantic time killer for all the wrong reasons.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The risk of pointless Fire Emblem discussions has reduced drastically. And that's good news.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hope Mewthree is just a ALT costume; It would be kind of weird seeing Mewtwo transform into Mewthree for his FS and then transform back to Mewtwo. Mewtwo would be an honorary Digimon

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know, I'm starting to wonder if the new form is just that, a form that has its own pros and cons like Mewtwo. I should look up some Izayoi battles in Chrono Phantasma. That might be worth thinking about.

EDIT: It IS confirmed to be a new form, saying that it's his awakened form (but no name specified). He really is starting to sound like Tsubaki already.
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wi...week's_unveiled_Pokémon_to_be_Forme_of_Mewtwo

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Why would it be a Final Smash?

If anything it would be Alt. Costumes imo. Pokemon Form changes don't work like going Super Saiyan. Once they turn into a form, they are in that form until you take the time to Undo it. In fact... Now I'm hoping the movie doesn't pull the "I'm not strong enough, so I'm gonna transform into my next form" Deus Ex Machina bull**** you see in a bunch of DBZ movies and play it off like a DBZ-esque transformation.

Having this be a Final Smash would be lame as ****, and predictable.
To quote a Mr. Sakurai:

peeup

Smash Lord
If Jigglypuff gets the boot I will cry.

And I feel like its hard to say whether or not we'll have Mewtwo or Mewthree in Sm4sh before we know exactly how he changes forms. Cause if it makes sense in Pokemon lore, I think Mewthree is a much more likely candidate.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Jigglypuff gets the boot I will cry.

And I feel like its hard to say whether or not we'll have Mewtwo or Mewthree in Sm4sh before we know exactly how he changes forms. Cause if it makes sense in Pokemon lore, I think Mewthree is a much more likely candidate.
?

Explain....

You know it was confirmed that Newtwo is just another form of Mewtwo right?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
?

Explain....

You know it was confirmed that Newtwo is just another form of Mewtwo right?
The original form Mewtwo isn't necessarily the form we'll get in SM4SH is probably what he's saying,

and he'd might as well be a different pokemon if we get Mewthree

peeup

Smash Lord
Yeah yeah but like, if its a DBZ Super Sayain form, then Mewtwo is more likely. But if its like permanent form (which would be more like an evolution... but you never know) then it would be more likely to see Mewthree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom