• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To be blunt, I never really got into the Street Fighter games that much. The only ones I have owned and played extensively are Street Fighter II and Street Fighter IV. Not any of the enhanced versions, just the original.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
We talkin' Street Fighter?

I play a bit of Street Fighter. I own the anniversary and Alpha collections on PS2, SFA3 on PSP, and SSF4AE on PC. Never played them much because I don't have many friends who are in to traditional fighters(except SoulCalibur for some reason). Most partial to Alpha 3 myself, though honestly I like SNKs stuff a bit more.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was gonna main Zangief caused he seemed awesome!

Then I played as him....

Stupid full circles.

D

Deleted member

Inputs are definitely a nightmare now that I've put my time in other fighting games. Combos in that game are not very friendly in regards to timing and your damage is ***. I'm really starting to think strings and chains are going to become progressively more common. Heck, even casuals will love it since they'll be all, "I CAN DO COMBOS!" even if they're basic.

But yeah, SF4's links were one reason why I sticked with Fuerte my entire time playing that game.
I feel the same way, I think casuals would be very excited to feel what it is like to be able to DO combos, even if they are simple. In fact, Smash needs simple 3-7 hit combos. It's just something that's very natural, you instictively move to different attack options once you start to get a feel for your character and begin to explore where the movement shortcuts are. But with a nice limit to combo length it can be great.

Honestly, the ONE THING I dislike about BB is how long some combos can be, it essentially DOES boil the game down into an active game game of Chess, which is cool and all, but you can tell when something is over once a combois opened. Smash DOESN'T need that, but I still would like to see some short simple attack options, there needs to be a balance in combos. Honestly, I'd like it if BB introduced more Combo Breaking options, Smash actually already has that with the increased knockback. But at lower damages man, like I feel so restricted when playing Smash sometimes, compared to BB at least, it's weird.

Also, yeah, SF is hard to get into, no lie. If you didn't grow up with it, you're kinda SOL. There's a reason I hand around here and not over at SRK. It's because I'm no good at SF and only slightly good at GG. I still love both games, but my area of expertise is in Smash.

EDIT: Hell, with a nice tutorial that explains all the advanced mechanics most of the problems can be by-passed. BB did a hell of a job with their tutorial.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Street Fighter is okay, never really got into it myself. I do own Super Street Fighter 2 for my SNES and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max for my PSP. Would probably like the series more if I had a better controllers for those particular systems, as well as there being more characters that would catch my interest beyond Ryu, Ingrid, and the Final Fight characters (why Haggar hasn't been playable yet in the series is beyond me).

Stupid full circles.
THANK YOU!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
(why Haggar hasn't been playable yet in the series is beyond me).
I imagine it's because Capcom can't think of ways to make him unique from 'gief and they don't want clones that aren't shotos.

Speaking of Final Fight Characters, Capcom should bring back more characters from FF and SF1.

D

Deleted member

I imagine it's because Capcom can't think of ways to make him unique from 'gief and they don't want clones that aren't shotos.

Speaking of Final Fight Characters, Capcom should bring back more characters from FF and SF1.
Capcom is just ******** in general...

I don't know WHY they are deliberetly trying to shoot themselves in the foot these days. Do they hate money or something?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I don't know WHY they are deliberetly trying to shoot themselves in the foot these days. Do they hate money or something?
I could say the same thing about Nintendo. Seriously, Where are the GBA games for 3DS eShop!? Oh yeah, I forgot, on the Wii U eShop... >_>

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What do you mean? A lot of the stuff they do is typical AAA industry bullsh*t. Really a lot of the AAA industry seems like it might be going through death throes right now.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Nah, they think only Street Fighter is their only franchise. Why else are they ****ting on everything else?

D

Deleted member

What do you mean? A lot of the stuff they do is typical AAA industry bullsh*t. Really a lot of the AAA industry seems like it might be going through death throes right now.
Well I was referring to 4 CANCELLED MEGAMAN GAMES!!!

I suppose they're butthurt about Inafune or something...

You will never play Maverick Hunter...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also, yeah, SF is hard to get into, no lie. If you didn't grow up with it, you're kinda SOL. There's a reason I hand around here and not over at SRK. It's because I'm no good at SF and only slightly good at GG. I still love both games, but my area of expertise is in Smash.
That's usually held more true for 3D fighters than for Street Fighter. Funny thing is, 3D fighters feel a hell of a lot more intuitive.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well I was referring to 4 CANCELLED MEGAMAN GAMES!!!

I suppose they're butthurt about Inafune or something...

Maverick Hunter looked cool...
IDK. I'm not into FPS in general, but the game didn't look very interesting to me. I didn't care for the art style(I don't care for grimdark reboots, and it brings back Act Zero memories), and I would have preferred a non-FPS.

(f**k them for cancelling Universe, Legends 3 ,and Online though :mad:)

D

Deleted member

That's usually held more true for 3D fighters than for Street Fighter. Funny thing is, 3D fighters feel a hell of a lot more intuitive.
I have a hard time with Tekken tbh, but I haven't given Tekken 6 much of a chance. Only played it for like an hour tops, just getting my ass kicked over and over...

Soul Calibur I love though, it's very fluid for me, I rock at that game.

I wanna get into DOA because boobies, because PLOT, because complex fighting mechanics.

IDK. I'm not into FPS in general, but the game didn't look very interesting to me. I didn't care for the art style(I don't care for grimdark reboots, and it brings back Act Zero memories), and I would have preferred a non-FPS.

(f**k them for cancelling Universe, Legends 3 ,and Online though :mad:)
Dude... IT WAS THE METROID PRIME TEAM!

I would have checked it out for sure, grimmdark or not. It sounded cool, and Adventure FPS games are fun (and rare).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The difference between a Metroid FPS and a Mega Man FPS (in this case Maverick Hunter) is that Retro Studios didn't need to change the artstyle or tone/mood at all when they were making Metorid. Maverick Hunter looked too much like a Metroid wannabe.

But for me, I'm not a Mega Man fan. I tried the NES games but I just couldn't get any excitement from the games. But I do agree that the canceling of Legends 3 was a **** move. I was actually planning to buy the eShop "prototype" just to make sure the fans got the retail game (I'm that much of a good guy, plus it didn't look all that bad) before then the dreaded news came out.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Dude... IT WAS THE METROID PRIME TEAM!
Good designers can still make garbage. Look at Frank Miller: His early works are pretty good, but everything post Sin City is garbage. Never judge a product on the merit of who is making it.

The gameplay looked decent enough, but I just couldn't get past that art style. I seriously hope that one-eyed robot thing was just a placeholer and wasn't their desgin for Megaman.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Also DKCR was better then both prime 2 and 3. The original prime is better then
All three though. IMO.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
MP1>MP3=DKCR>MP2

All of them were amazing games though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wanna get into DOA because boobies, because PLOT, because complex fighting mechanics.
Try Virtua Fighter.
Good designers can still make garbage. Look at Frank Miller: His early works are pretty good, but everything post Sin City is garbage. Never judge a product on the merit of who is making it.

The gameplay looked decent enough, but I just couldn't get past that art style. I seriously hope that one-eyed robot thing was just a placeholer and wasn't their desgin for Megaman.
*coughsakuraicoughmiyamotocough*

bobadz

Smash Ace
Miyamoto's stuff isn't that bad. It's just he's not pushing for innovation nearly as much as he used to.
He does have bad habit of meddling in other people projects. Dinosaur Planet becoming Star Fox Adventures, and the paper thin plot of Paper Mario Sticker Star for example.(no pun intended.)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
He does have bad habit of meddling in other people projects. Dinosaur Planet becoming Star Fox Adventures, and the paper thin plot of Paper Mario Sticker Star for example.(no pun intended.)
Well, yeah, there's that, but it's debatable whether or not those are "his works" or not.

D

Deleted member

MP1>MP3=DKCR>MP2

All of them were amazing games though.
MP1 = GODLY! OMG THIS GAME IS PERFECT > MP2 (better than Prime 1 in some areas, but the difficulty spike is insane during your first run, you WILL get lost, also the collect quest at the end makes it inferior to the original) > DKCR (**** wagglan motion controls...) > Prime 3 (it was good, I didn't like a lot of the choices made in the game, especially the other bounty hunters helping you, it was imo what paved the way for Other M).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So my question kinda got lost in the shuffle, but I'd like to see more responses/discussion about it, so I'll repost it here:

If Smash 4 were to get a demo, what would you all(realistically) like to see included in it?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Have at least 4 characters (but no more than 8 if I have to be realistic), 2 or 3 stages, and a (limited) time or stock customization.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
So my question kinda got lost in the shuffle, but I'd like to see more responses/discussion about it, so I'll repost it here:

If Smash 4 were to get a demo, what would you all(realistically) like to see included in it?
Original 64 roster + 1 unlockable newcomer/ whoever will make the most hype.
Versus mode + 1 or 2 SSE stages.
30 demo uses.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
In the demo? Well it's actually kind of hard what content we'd get, but if I had to say...

Characters 14

Mario
Yoshi
Link
Takamaru
Samus
Ridley
Pit
Palutena
Little Mac
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Captain Falcon
Mega Man

Also before people will ***** about it, keep in mind that E for All demo had 12 characters + random on it.

Stages 6

Good Egg Galaxy
Skyloft
Pokemon Standium III
Quilty Court
Palutena's Temple
Crateria

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Thanks to MvC3 I think there's more than enough ways now to make him different (which is kinda ironic since Zangief is technically a clone of Haggar). Kinda dumb they haven't put him in yet, stupid endless Ryu clones...

Would love to see a Final Fight 4 though, especially since we'd get more of these.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's so hard for me not to let my poll be released nao >:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thanks to MvC3 I think there's more than enough ways now to make him different (which is kinda ironic since Zangief is technically a clone of Haggar). Kinda dumb they haven't put him in yet, stupid endless Ryu clones...

Would love to see a Final Fight 4 though, especially since we'd get more of these.
Blame the fans loving karate guys.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Is anyone else playing all of the Super Smash Bros. games to get a fresh prospective of the franchise as a whole in anticipation for the new "era".

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No. I haven't had my Wii turned on in months (it's still in a bag from January) so I have no way to play any of the games again aside from occasional opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom